Blimey!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's happened to L'Occitane's Alexis face ???? its so shiny and plump on her zoom call that it doesn't look like her at all ! Overdone it on the botox or fillers I'd say.
The shininess is probably poor technical quality, the immobility is her choice - too much of something injected too many times.

Poor quality video camera I should think. Isn't she too young to need Botox ?
Botox is approved for anyone 18 or over, which I find disturbing. Practitioners say it's best to start it as a preventative treatment when in your late 20s, well they would do, wouldn't they? I'd imagine Alexis is in her mid 40s because daughter must be in upper primary school & she was her third child.

I think most people ‘in the public eye ‘ eg models presenters etc have some degree of Botox and fillers, regardless of age. Look at the number of them on QVC with big shiny foreheads (Will Gowing, model Ali , model Cordelia to name three) I have two younger family members who work as beauticians, one owns her own salon, and they tell me the majority of the treatments they do are injectables, and that the ages of the clients start in their early 20’s. It’s the norm that these girls/women go to the salon for top ups every few months. It seems as normal now as having your roots done every six weeks.

I cant help but wonder, what 'findings' will emerge say in the next 30 years what putting a toxic bacteria in to your body does in the long run. Everyone thought smoking was elegant and a way to calm nerves, and that didn't end so well did it.
Even sold as good for your health! Tobacco companies have a lot to answer for.

I think most people under 50 now live for the day and don’t think what might be further down the line and perhaps feel if everyone else is doing it it must be okay and becomes obligatory.

Without wanting to sound like my granny I can’t see why some of the young ladies who are naturally beautiful get so much work done, especially on their lips, only to end up like a blow up sex doll from a dodgy site. When you see the before and after photos it is sad to see what they aspire to.

I cant help but wonder, what 'findings' will emerge say in the next 30 years what putting a toxic bacteria in to your body does in the long run. Everyone thought smoking was elegant and a way to calm nerves, and that didn't end so well did it.
That is a VERY good point!
Let's face it, white lead was used for it's cosmetic effect, with horrendous consequences... we don't know it all, but it is wise to be cautious with a compound which is deadly in other uses.

I wrote on here some months ago that I wanted fillers in my mouth/chin area; I've always had a slim face but the combo of being 61+1 & too skinny has made me resemble The Scream :eek: I had discussed this with my dentist, who does cosmetic work, & it was planned for January, then I got shingles. By the time I was better she was on holiday then something else happened... I know the Chinese horror. She's now on maternity leave so I don't think I'm supposed to have it done, I may have ended up looking like Jocelyn Wildenstein.

My friend loves L'Occitane. Never misses a show. She texted me earlier to say her husband is wondering how much she gets paid as he noticed that lately she's been wearing some pretty pricey watches (he's one of those 'watch collectors' that's never managed to actually collect any as they're too expensive!). He thought he saw a £40k+ watch on one show then another £20k+ on another.

He's getting a bit miffed at her spending so much on L'Occitane now as her house looks like a L'O store and we all get lovely L'O gifts every year. He checked her social media and she drives the Merc he wants, too!

I'm wondering if we'll be getting L'O gifts for Christmas 😂

I wrote on here some months ago that I wanted fillers in my mouth/chin area; I've always had a slim face but the combo of being 61+1 & too skinny has made me resemble The Scream :eek: I had discussed this with my dentist, who does cosmetic work, & it was planned for January, then I got shingles. By the time I was better she was on holiday then something else happened... I know the Chinese horror. She's now on maternity leave so I don't think I'm supposed to have it done, I may have ended up looking like Jocelyn Wildenstein.

I have a good friend who has a similar type of body and face to you. I think she looks amazing. Can wear anything and looks nothing but elegant.

She had concerns about her face but didn't fancy messing with nature so had a makeover with a professional artist and haircut. I was shocked at the difference a fringe alone made. She also started having those facials that use electric current probes (can't for the life of me remember the name). Well, what a difference. Her makeup softens her features, her hair has almost changed her face shape and the facials have plumped and lifted everything.

No face/arse compromise there!

CACI - I have been having those treatments for years, and they do make a difference in 'plumping' up the cheeks without resorting to needles and invasive techniques. My face would look like a deflated balloon without them. QVC have sold numerous home use gadgets over the years that purport to do the same thing, but there's a country mile between home use and salon strengths, so I wouldnt waste my money on those.

(Where are the GADGET sisters ? they have missed a couple of months with their latest inventions. Perhaps they're gearing up for an all singing, all dancing top of the range gizmo as a tsv for the christmas market)

My friend loves L'Occitane. Never misses a show. She texted me earlier to say her husband is wondering how much she gets paid as he noticed that lately she's been wearing some pretty pricey watches (he's one of those 'watch collectors' that's never managed to actually collect any as they're too expensive!). He thought he saw a £40k+ watch on one show then another £20k+ on another.

He's getting a bit miffed at her spending so much on L'Occitane now as her house looks like a L'O store and we all get lovely L'O gifts every year. He checked her social media and she drives the Merc he wants, too!

I'm wondering if we'll be getting L'O gifts for Christmas 😂
Have they checked her London address - would image £..,...,...

Probably wasn't meant to be..../lucky escape?

CACI - I have been having those treatments for years, and they do make a difference in 'plumping' up the cheeks without resorting to needles and invasive techniques. My face would look like a deflated balloon without them. QVC have sold numerous home use gadgets over the years that purport to do the same thing, but there's a country mile between home use and salon strengths, so I wouldnt waste my money on those.

(Where are the GADGET sisters ? they have missed a couple of months with their latest inventions. Perhaps they're gearing up for an all singing, all dancing top of the range gizmo as a tsv for the christmas market)

CACI - that's it! Thanks, Brissles. I'd love to give them a go myself.

I’ve had Botox twice. It is Injected by a former dentist the results are good. I’m 66 and I have my 11 lines (Space between my eyebrows) injected. Time to do it again.

Latest posts

Back