Birkenstock Experts Requested

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L'OccitaneLover16

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone im going to venice in september and would love some comfortable sandles. ive looked at birkenstocks and i am interested. i tried them on in store and they seemed heavy, i am unsure if i should buy some from qvc or not.

i like these:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.143016

What do people think? at least you have your money back if you need.

Thank you!

Those are the ones I bought back in April. That particular pair is quite lightweight and fits me better than any other birkies I have bought. I personally don't find them comfortable enough to walk long distances in but may be in the minority, I just find my feet and legs get very tired in them even though they are really comfortable-weird really!

Best thing to do would be order them an try them. I had to try 3 pairs of Birkenstock until I found a pair that suited my feet, unfortunately this was before I discovered QVC, so I have 2 useless pairs sitting round the house.

The other thing I would say is break them in gently, an hour or so pottering round the house a day and then build it up, otherwise your feet will hurt like hell.

Those are the ones I bought back in April. That particular pair is quite lightweight and fits me better than any other birkies I have bought. I personally don't find them comfortable enough to walk long distances in but may be in the minority, I just find my feet and legs get very tired in them even though they are really comfortable-weird really!

thats really useful to know that they are light weight. i would buy them and get used to them, not just cus they are birkenstock but just cus they are new!

I just had a quick look at your link and noticed that the first four pairs of birkis I saw are not leather uppers, maybe someone can correct me, but didn't they used to be leather.

I've got a couple of pairs which I find very easy to wear, I didn't have to break them in or anything. But although the soles are moulded and comfortable, they aren't in anyway soft so if I've worn them round the house all day, my feet are always relieved when I change into something else.

I have a high instep and find them great, even better than bare feet. Most of the ones I have are birki flor, a fabric that's easy care and looks and feels good.

i have some leather birkenstocks and to be honest i prefer the birkoflor as they tend not to stretch as much. love birkis as i have high instep and i never have to wear them in.
they are a bit of an addiction ...a bit like kipling bags you can never have enough lol

I really love my birkis, but would honestly say to you, that if you have not had a pair and want to do a lot of walking, buy a pair with more then one strap for walking. They hold on better, you can still get some nice styles. Get them from QVC as you can send them back, you can not do that anywhere else, and it is one of the bonuses of buying from qvc. The one strap birkies are comfy but even I preferr to wear others ones if I intend to do a lot of walking.:flower:

My favorite Birki's for walking are the Sydney style. If my feet are hot or tired then I hate walking anywhere but with these ones my feet were fine. Nice and cool and my feet were not tired at all. The arizona ones are in my opinion too hot to walk around all day and also the florida 3 strap ones can be a bit on the warm side too.

I was in Boston last week and wore my Birkies most days for about 5-6 hours a day walking around. My feet and legs were very tired afterwards but I suppose it was the longest time that I had ever wore them walking around! The fitflops that were recommended earlier are so comfortable, the toe posts aren't that bad really!

I love my Fit Flops. Normally I can't bear to wear anything with a toe post as they do rub but I don't notice the post on Fit Flops, they are so comfortable to walk in.

I can't get on with Birkies, the flatness of them make my legs ache.

I have some toe post Gizeh style which i have walked myself silly in but your legs and feet are really aching at the end of the day.

I can't see the type you've looked at (scholl style) being good for a lot of walking though as they don't support the foot at all.

If you want to look pretty, then they are fine, but if you're going to do a lot of walking, then get some proper walking sandals with soles which give a little.

Fitflop make a slide style now - no toe post! Mind you, I can wear the toe post in them - wouldn't be without them now :)

I can do long walks in my birkies, I had them with me in Istanbul, and my feet were great. Only as suggested before, I think it is better to have birkies with 2 or 3 straps if you plan to walk for hours, as you have more support with these.
I wear the madrid single strap style only at home

I wear Birkenstocks all the time they are so comfortable. I would definately say get a 2 or 3 strap pair for walking any distance as the 1 strap don't give the same support in my opinion. The only way to try them out is using QVC's 30 day guarantee, anywhere else you will be stuck with them once bought if they are not suitable for you.

Latest posts

Back