ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
BIOEFFECT 3 Piece EGF Serum

QVC Price: £108.00
One Time Only Price :£94.92
P&P: £4.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/BIOEFFECT-3-Pi...tml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-209710

A three-piece set of BIOEFFECT's EGF Serum, an intensive, anti-ageing skincare formula designed for morning and evening use to moisturise skin, improve elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and under-eye puffiness. Containing no oils, fragrance or parabens, just a couple of drops of this revitalising serum will have your skin looking and feeling more radiant with regular use.

Contains:
1 x EGF Serum (15ml)
1 x luxury sample EGF Serum (3ml)
1 x luxury sample EGF Serum (5ml)
1 x BIOEFFECT hairband
1 x half moon leather bag

It's at times like this that I think QVC do themselves a disservice by not posting the ingredients on the website. I looked there to find why they are selling face drops which cost about the same as liquid platinum, only to find a bit fat nothing by way of information.

So I went on to Boots, where the serum is even dearer, 15 ml for £125. But there was a blurb beyond even parody. Apparently this elixir is made from wheat and spring water in an Arctic greenhouse with a minimal Co2 footprint. I forget the rest, but it occurred to me that Q could excel themselves in waffle by presenting every beauty item with references to its effects, or not, on global warming.

It's at times like this that I think QVC do themselves a disservice by not posting the ingredients on the website. I looked there to find why they are selling face drops which cost about the same as liquid platinum, only to find a bit fat nothing by way of information.

So I went on to Boots, where the serum is even dearer, 15 ml for £125. But there was a blurb beyond even parody. Apparently this elixir is made from wheat and spring water in an Arctic greenhouse with a minimal Co2 footprint. I forget the rest, but it occurred to me that Q could excel themselves in waffle by presenting every beauty item with references to its effects, or not, on global warming.

A leading beauty editor, with access to all the best lotions and potions in the industry, raves about it saying its pretty much all she needs to keep her glowing youthful complexion, and is happy to be paid to appear on Qvc raving about it.

Don't worry about actual ingredients, jump to the phones and secure your order before it sells out!

Thank you, Hype. I was encouraged to continue researching this. First stop, QVC website, where one of the bottles of this stuff gets a 3.1 average review.

The lack of ingredients which other posters have noted for many other cosmetics, really bothered me, so I trawled the internet. Most of the 15 ml bottle consists of glycerine. The rest is EGF, and the amount of this per bottle is not stated even by the manufacturer. Some fascinating stuff to read about this ingredient... it used to be made from e.coli (to a laywoman, germs found in poo) and is now made from barley. There's a lot of controversy too, about using the ingredient, which is known to affect skin cells to the effect of causing hair to become sparse or drop out. Also although it does not cause cancer on its own, and a vast number of things we use every day may cause cancer eventually, there are cautions about using it on areas such as the face where there may be skin cancer beginning to form, unknown to the person who has it, as EGF would probably cause it to develop faster.

All together, it might be wise for anyone thinking of buying bioeffect to do their research thoroughly before investing huge amounts of money. A caution which would apply to a lot of products!

Latest posts

Back