Bidding Strategies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bid on items I would like to own

Sometimes I set my max, sometimes I bid as I go

Unfortunately, my bid amounts are quite low at the moment, but I bid in the hope that a miracle might happen & I might end up with the item at a really really low price

I don't really have a strategy.....although sometimes I see that an item is going really cheap and that it would be good for my Christmas Present Box, so I will put in a bid up to my 'Christmas Present Per Person Spend' limit....yes I really am that anally retentive!!!!!

If it is something that I have to have for myself, then its just all out war and I get far too overexcited....till hubby sees what I;m doing and physically removes the laptop from my grasp till the auction is over with yelps of 'You said your limit was £70 and you've just bid £95!!!!'.......probably a good job really!!!

Morning Janey I am not one for ending the week on a sour note. But the one thing that really upsets me about a few Rocks are those that bid with a view to returning thus depriving a person that really wants the item, I read a message in the chat box last week which gutted me, along the lines of “…I have my latest hoard only going to return a few items…” thus depriving a person who really wants the item

A week ago I bid on a item I knew my Wife would die for (she does not own a diamond ring) only to see this same person out bid me because I bid to keep not view.

Anyways on a lighter note; Most of the time after 6pm I am bidding form a mobile and seem to snipe more than most.

Best of luck again tonight

I don't bid on items with the intention of returning them but because I want them. If they don't suit, for whatever reason, they will be returned - that's why there is a 30 day return option.

Inevitably, I will spend the money again at Rocks. Like many others, I have spent quite a lot and what I keep far outweighs what I have returned and I have some really nice purchases. In fact, I have another order of 4 items awaiting posting out to me and I will probably add to that over the bank holiday weekend - and I haven't bought any with the intent just to view, I hope they are all keepers.

In an auction situation someone is going to be disappointed if they are outbid ( although I suspect last week Skye wouldn't have been as she didn't want a silver ring and made that clear in the chat room hahaha).

I haven't purchased a diamond ring so I don't think it was I that upset you by out bidding you :)

Happy bidding :)

I don't really have a strategy either. I tend to bid later on for things that I genuinely want. I don't see the point on bidding for things I intend to return, it just spoils it for those that actually want something. I've also stopped requesting items (not that I've requested anything but my multigem pendant that isn't being auctioned on Rocks). I'm afraid to request items in case they go higher than my budget incase I'll be labelled as one of those "requesters but not buyers"

But if it goes higher than your bid, whether you requested it or not, they will still have sold it, so no need to feel bad, imo.

But in saying that, I haven't made any requests (yet) either.

I may be a bit thick here, but if you use the auto bid thingy you are never going to pay more than you want for an item, but also are never going to lose out when something goes at a daft low price !

Seems simple to me and eliminates technical glitches at the last moment

I may be a bit thick here, but if you use the auto bid thingy you are never going to pay more than you want for an item, but also are never going to lose out when something goes at a daft low price !

Seems simple to me and eliminates technical glitches at the last moment
---------------------

Call me a Cynic but all the items sold that are worth owning like Gold and real gems will make a certain level either by hook or crook, a few people seem to own jewllery shops the amount they have won.

Think of a price and never go above this, ignore the hype and heat of the moment and avoid those who seem to send the price rocketing into space.

Latest posts

Back