Bid on ebay for broken items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Before you read this I will point out that they currently have 16,145 positive, 92 neutral and 72 negative feedback in the last month but its interesting how they list things as new and then send out stained goods, refuse to replace a product that was faulty etc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pc-Candle-Sticks-Clear-Graded-/370808999851 - Buyer feedback -Misleading under handed. Listing a pair got one stay away

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pc-Striped-Jumper-And-Leggings-16-Multi-Graded-/380622953966 - Buyer feedback - only sent half the item then told me if wanted it would have to buy another

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Pr...-1X-Fitted-Sheet-4X-Pillowcases-/380628422943 - Buyer feedback - duvet has a hole in it and sheet os stained not impressed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Visicook-12L-Crisp-Bake-Halogen-Oven-Graded-/360633131522 - Buyer feedback - Sadly arrived broken too much hassle to return heavy item costly

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-U...Built-in-Freeview-HD-App-Store-/360620352614- Buyer feedback - TV was defective on delivery & no replacement was offered, not impressed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yonanas-Black-Graded-/380617341472 - Buyer feedback - Yonanas.thay did not say item uesd..Was sent and not working.cost for me £12 to

I expect to see an increase in the negative comments now they are selling a lot of broken items

In fairness to Sit Up the Yonanas listing does clearly state the item had been used, on the other hand the listing says it works too!

Yeah I noticed that too and whilst the candle sticks description does say 1 in the title it says a pair, they could easily stop negative feedback like that by just selling it as 1, How hard would it have been to change the description to say here is 1 candle stick? not hard at all

Its like in a previous post in this thread I posted set of 4 bins, oh great price then you look at the description, set of 4 bins, only the large 1 is included

Yeah I noticed that too and whilst the candle sticks description does say 1 in the title it says a pair, they could easily stop negative feedback like that by just selling it as 1, How hard would it have been to change the description to say here is 1 candle stick? not hard at all

Its like in a previous post in this thread I posted set of 4 bins, oh great price then you look at the description, set of 4 bins, only the large 1 is included

As you pointed out the positive feedback far outweighs the negative but they are asking for trouble selling broken products, I wouldn't have thought it's worth the bother given the volumes of stock they sell.

However, i'm afraid I cannot see any reason why anyone would sell stained sheets :puke:

Last edited:
This is Bid tactics through and through, drawing the buyers in with inaccurate listing titles. It's just so amateur. So lacking in respect for buyers. It's Cowboy trading. :headbang:

As you pointed out the positive feedback far outweighs the negative but they are asking for trouble selling broken products, I wouldn't have thought it's worth the bother given the volumes of stock they sell.

However, i'm afraid I cannot see any reason why anyone would sell stained sheets :puke:

.....And I most certainly cannot see any reason why anyone would want to buy them!!!!

I ordered a set of those fibre optic solar lights, It said new (other) in the description, 1 fibre optic stick was out of its packaging and you could tell the box had been resealed too, However I'm quite pleased with them, 2 of them have a few bent fibre optics but I'm sure they could be pulled out or cut off, All 3 of them work :O and they are exclusively distributed by sit-up, The brand is illimin8 lighting, For under £10 for 3 I can't complain.

All in all not bad :)

Last edited:
I ordered a set of those fibre optic solar lights, It said new (other) in the description, 1 fibre optic stick was out of its packaging and you could tell the box had been resealed too, However I'm quite pleased with them, 2 of them have a few bent fibre optics but I'm sure they could be pulled out or cut off, All 3 of them work :O and they are exclusively distributed by sit-up, The brand is illimin8 lighting, For under £10 for 3 I can't complain.

Nice to hear a good bid experience :)

PJ

On closer inspection when I had all 3 next to each other working 1 was much dimmer than the others and when I checked around half of the fibre optics were missing from that 1 which is disappointing as the product was sold new other meaning...New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing its original packaging, or the original packaging has been opened or is no longer sealed. The item may be a factory second, or a new and unused item with minor defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections

here is the description they used...Key Features This set of 3 Solar powered garden fibre optic lights would make a great addition to any garden perfect for garden parties or simply illuminating outdoor spaces as the evening draws in. Place them in between flower beds along garden paths or...

There is no point sending it back as you have to pay the return postage and they want it recorded delivery so its just not worth it.

I still like the product so have ordered another set - I will let you all know what they are like

Set number 2 has arrived and sold as new - As far as I can see that is true as the box has much less tape on it than the first, All 3 work but all 3 of the fibre sticks are bent meaning they all lean to 1 side so you don't get them fan out like they should, They might be able to be straightened but you shouldn't have to, The packaging just does not keep the sticks straight or flat and needs improving if they sell them again, I expect they have had loads of returns with the amount I've seen them selling on ebay due to bent sticks , A very very very small carboard box inside the main box would have stopped this and cost next to nothing.

After seeing mine a friend had ordered some sold as new (other) and again all 3 work but 1 of the fibre sticks is bent at a right angle so you get no fan effect at all just a bent block of them.

That said the product is a good 1 and it looks nice and effective when they fan out properly.

There is no point sending them back as they want it recorded delivery, By the time you have paid for that you have nothing for your money.

Finally I've noticed an increase in negative and neutral feedback this month, at the time of doing this it stands at...
95 neutral this month and 295 in the past 6 months.
70 negative this month and 243 in the past 6 months
15,812 positive this month and 65,178 in the past 6 months

small selection of negative feedback
looks like a worn-out, returned item, doesn't look & feel New -9Ct Yellow Gold Figaro Neckchain Gold
**** product, works twice element burn, return policy **** pobox, email scripted - Your Kitchen...12L Halogen Oven In Black With 5L Extender Ring and Accessories
BOTTLE WATERED DOWN 1 BOTTLE NEARLY ALL GONE (NEW) DISGUSTING!!!!! - Twin Pack Shine & Protect New Floor in a Bottle 1Litre Bottles for Use on Wood
Product is rubbish, and is now in the bin!!! -Big Chopper One Touch Use & Mega Grater With Stainless Steel Changeable Blades

and a common 1 is people saying there is no point sending it back as they don't pay return postage which to me seems a bit wrong if they sell something as new or PAT tested then you get it home and its not working.

small selection of neutral feedback
Got one bra rather than three, returned item awaiting promised refund - Body Essentials Ladies 3 Pack Black, White And Nude Seamless Bras In Size M
broken bottle.cost to much in taxi fares to send back plus p&p - Jean Paul Dupont Roseline Edp 100Ml
sent wrong item. PO wanted £20 to send back plus taxi so i had 2 leave it - Soft and Fluffy Supersized Faux Fur Mink Leopard Print Design Throw 200 x 240cm
item faulty ...return refunded . having to pay to return faulty goods is not on - VisiCook 12L Crisp & Bake Halogen Oven with 3L Extension Ring and Accessories

and in the interest of fairness a small selection of positive feedback
Item fantastic and a real bargain, quick and top value postage. Really recommend - 6Pc Boxer Shorts Light Blue And Blue M Multi
thanks for the perfect transaction - Rapport Black Set For Him: Eau de Toilette 100ml & Deodorant Body Spray 150ml
Amazing ebayer, Would buy from again A+++++++ - Vivitar DVR638 720p HD Camera Red with 5.1 Megapixel Stills and 4x Digital Zoom
Prompt delivery and I love it, thanks! - Body Essentials Ladies 2 Pack Control Shorts Black and Nude In Size Large
Excellent product at very good price and posting. Works well 5 star ebay seller - Efbe Schott Garment Steamer White-Graded

Last edited:
Just been looking again and this caught my attention...Avi-8 Mens Black Dial Watch with Stainless Steel Case with Brown Leather Strap, feedback: Faulty item received with previous customers return slip stating faulty!!Not new....How can someone not notice that?, so they knew it was faulty but sold it as new to someone else, shocking.

Just been looking again and this caught my attention...Avi-8 Mens Black Dial Watch with Stainless Steel Case with Brown Leather Strap, feedback: Faulty item received with previous customers return slip stating faulty!!Not new....How can someone not notice that?, so they knew it was faulty but sold it as new to someone else, shocking.

I think they can do whatever they want. Something appears to have happened because all of a sudden they are back to not mentioning P+P anymore, it's as if they have been given a clean slate by someone.

Maybe nothingtodowithbid (who I suspect was anything but) was correct and the ASA merely passed their files onto OFCOM to put an end to the situation and they have said 'business as usual'?

I think they can do whatever they want. Something appears to have happened because all of a sudden they are back to not mentioning P+P anymore, it's as if they have been given a clean slate by someone.
There will be an official Ofcom announcement as to whether they are/are not guilty of anything when their investigation is completed (especially given the publicity), but given that complaints to the ASA are still appearing despite Sit-up previously 'reassuring' people that mistakes were "isolated incidences" (ahem), then this isn't going to go away in a hurry.

Maybe nothingtodowithbid (who I suspect was anything but) was correct and the ASA merely passed their files onto OFCOM to put an end to the situation and they have said 'business as usual'?

I heard him mention P&P when he was selling some perfume after he did 'Mundi'

There will be an official Ofcom announcement as to whether they are/are not guilty of anything when their investigation is completed (especially given the publicity), but given that complaints to the ASA are still appearing despite Sit-up previously 'reassuring' people that mistakes were "isolated incidences" (ahem), then this isn't going to go away in a hurry.

I genuinely didn't hear Peter Simon mention P+P once in well over an hour earlier on, not once. And he isn't alone either.

But as Momma mentioned he has mentioned it so maybe I just missed it, I just hope they haven't got away with all their shenanigans as that would be an utter travesty.

I genuinely didn't hear Peter Simon mention P+P once in well over an hour earlier on, not once. And he isn't alone either.

But as Momma mentioned he has mentioned it so maybe I just missed it, I just hope they haven't got away with all their shenanigans as that would be an utter travesty.
Steve Macdonald was frequently mentioning P&P tonight so it seems that they're still very belatedly trying to create a good impression, but it doesn't help their case that misleading statements are continuing to occur on a semi-regular basis as well as certain presenters conveniently forgetting to mention the P&P as with you-know-who.

I'm convinced that Simon Peters would willingly deliver a perfect sales pitch if he really wanted to, so why is he still persisting with his old tricks? :headbang:

Latest posts

Back