Better than thorntons..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oooh new Chocolatey goodness! :mysmilie_5: Thank you SCW

So... you have QVC offering 8 of Beech's creams for a total of £20.87 inc p&p (so £2.60 each)... or you can get an offer at Beech's to try all 11 cream flavours for £25 inc free first class p&p (so £2.27 each). Hmm - toughie... which do I go for?

Just to say - Moser Roth chocolate from Aldi is lovely. Sainsbury's Taste the Difference is lovely. For branded, buy anywhere - Green & Black is my favourite.

I used to be a real Cadbury's girl - but no more. It has lost its appeal for me.

For me, it has to be Lindt milk or caramel bars (but only when it is on offer for £1 which it was in the Co-op the other day so I stocked up). When it is not on offer it is Aldi or Cadbury's. I agree that Thornton's does not seem to be as good as it used to be. Maybe we are all getting a bit more sophisticated in our taste for chocolate and it doesn't seem "special" any more.

For me, it has to be Lindt milk or caramel bars (but only when it is on offer for £1 which it was in the Co-op the other day so I stocked up). When it is not on offer it is Aldi or Cadbury's. I agree that Thornton's does not seem to be as good as it used to be. Maybe we are all getting a bit more sophisticated in our taste for chocolate and it doesn't seem "special" any more.

I do love lindt! those lindor balls are just so delicious!! Although I recently tried hotel chocolat for the first time and it was so nice! but very overpriced.

I`m not a big chocolate fan but I enjoy a dark chocolate cream from time to time so I thought it would be rude not to try them especially when the company is not far from where I used to live and the gentleman presenting with Chloe today actually went to the same school I went to. He wouldn`t know me but I certainly recognised him !
I ordered them from the website not from Q and if you enter the code THANKS10 then you get a 10% discount.

I`m not a big chocolate fan but I enjoy a dark chocolate cream from time to time so I thought it would be rude not to try them especially when the company is not far from where I used to live and the gentleman presenting with Chloe today actually went to the same school I went to. He wouldn`t know me but I certainly recognised him !
I ordered them from the website not from Q and if you enter the code THANKS10 then you get a 10% discount.

The pack of 11 Vienna? That's the set that I've ordered. Can't wait for them to get here. Typical that it's a bank holiday on Monday, so there's no chance of getting them for the weekend :-(

The pack of 11 Vienna? That's the set that I've ordered. Can't wait for them to get here. Typical that it's a bank holiday on Monday, so there's no chance of getting them for the weekend :-(

I`ll sample from each box Mr M and I`m lucky that I have such an accommodating husband who will make it his mission to ensure every chocolate is put to good use and not wasted. I`ll probably eat 11 chocolates, one from each box and in other words the other half will finish them off !

I`ll sample from each box Mr M and I`m lucky that I have such an accommodating husband who will make it his mission to ensure every chocolate is put to good use and not wasted. I`ll probably eat 11 chocolates, one from each box and in other words the other half will finish them off !

I'll be sampling the whole lot :mysmilie_5:

I love rose and violet creams - and these are a great price compared to some.

Seems the QVC website was not quite right: picture correct, pack listing correct, product details including pineapple cream ingredients was incorrect.

Blimey tis saying something when Cadbury's is better than a heritage Chocolatier (though tis a fair point). My argument with these collections that QVC put together are that, whilst they maybe cost effective, they are going to be some version that you are not keen on, take the popcorn and the aforementioned chocolate, there are flavours that I am not keen on, thus would rather spend on getting individual packs that I know I would enjoy. To me this in monetary terms maybe more expensive but to me would be worth it as they would be less wastage.

I do eat Thornton's chocolates but am not a big fan of nuts in chocolate, and a lot of their choccies have them in them, or sprinkled on top. They just get in the way of the chocolate! I prefer Cadbury's though, just not nutty ones if you know what I mean.

Now that's good customer service, Whatsgoin! Pity all firms don 't take note. I can't say I'm a great fan of Thorntons choc. but you can't argue with their response to your complaint, can you? Result for you!

Thorntons do a really nice Christmas Box with 4 layers, we had one the last couple of years. Last year the delivery guys must have been playing football with the outer box, the chocolates were a right mess, all over the place, broken bits everywhere and the box damaged. Got in touch with Thornton CS with photos, CS phoned, apologised and said they would pick something out and put it in the post. I took delivery of a very large Hamper which lasted well into the new year :mysmilie_59:

My parcel from Beech's has arrived!! WooHoo.
I can't risk opening it at the minute though, or everyone else in the office will swoop on it like a swarm of locusts, but I'll be diving in tonight!
Cannot wait.

I can't risk opening it at the minute though, or everyone else in the office will swoop on it like a swarm of locusts, but I'll be diving in tonight!
Cannot wait.
That's good MR M I fancied trying the coffee cremes. :mysmilie_12:

Cannot wait.

Have you taste-tested any yet?

I'm keeping those till last Lynn. Coffee is my all time favourite. Mmmmmmmm.

Got home and there was a box outside the front door of my block of flats (I just love Yodel). It's opened, unpacked, and oops - the pineapple creams are no more :mysmilie_5:

Where's that willpower when I need it?!

:mysmilie_59:Very nice little boxes and delicious chocolates. Nice crisp snap to the chocolate as you bite into them.

I think these are will make a lovely little gift come December - in one flavour or another... that might have to be another order - I doubt this lot will survive until December.

Last edited:
Have you taste-tested any yet?

Got home and there was a box outside the front door of my block of flats (I just love Yodel). It's opened, unpacked, and oops - the pineapple creams are no more :mysmilie_5:

Where's that willpower when I need it?!

:mysmilie_59:Very nice little boxes and delicious chocolates. Nice crisp snap to the chocolate as you bite into them.

I think these are will make a lovely little gift come December - in one flavour or another... that might have to be another order - I doubt this lot will survive until December.

Yes, I have taste tested, thanks May.
Tried the Lime creams last night. I'm not generally a lover of lime if I'm honest, but they were really nice. Well, the box was soon empty anyway!
I'll definitely give a couple away though. I'm not a big lover of Strawberry or Raspbe....... Oh, who am I kidding? The lot will be gone in a week. You know it & I know it. I'm gonna have to dig that BodyBlade out from the back of the wardrobe at this rate!

Our corner shop sells them, either 99p or £1.99 but usually only 2 or 3 flavours. Never tried them.

Now this is not fair !! :mysmilie_5:.....I am not going to look at these choccies at all!! ( ok i will chance one Eye :mysmilie_14:....if you insist ...lol)

My fave are whisper bars and Maltesers .....only as I've got older really ...softer,on the teeth lol..although the honeycomb can get a bit tricky

I'm keeping those till last Lynn. Coffee is my all time favourite. Mmmmmmmm.

Isn't it funny hubby loves the coffee flavoured chocs but I cannot stand them unless nothing else available lol....I like praline ...no centres or it it has a centre then I like caramel only .....salivating lol

To those of you who ordered off the Beeches website, what was the use by date on them? I'm hoping they'll be well into the new year...

Latest posts

Back