Better than thorntons..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
Was just looking on Q's website and came across this kit... I have actually placed my order as I always buy these at easter and christmas as they are just scrumptious!!

http://www.qvcuk.com/Beechs-Chocola...tml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-804665

Item no:804665
Beechs Chocolate 8 Piece Creams Taster Selection
QVC Price: £18.50
Introductory Price :
£16.92
P&P: £3.95

Not a bad price either as they are £2.99 per box from Beeches direct.

The only thing to be aware of is that the photo doesn't match the description, the photo shows lime cremes but the description says pineapple... both are delicious so it doesn't really matter to me, but just thought you'd like to know.

10 years ago, Thorntons were the best chocolate you could buy IMO. Not any more unfortunately. I honestly prefer Cadbury to Thorntons now.
Someone recommended Hotel chocolate to me a few years ago, so I tried it. Wasn't keen on that either.

These are really tempting me though..........

10 years ago, Thorntons were the best chocolate you could buy IMO. Not any more unfortunately. I honestly prefer Cadbury to Thorntons now.
Someone recommended Hotel chocolate to me a few years ago, so I tried it. Wasn't keen on that either.

These are really tempting me though..........

I agree cadbury is better than thorntons these days, the only thing i can genuinely say I love in thorntons are the fondant pigs/mice... with these beeches in my house we all fight over the rose and violet ones haha

My daughter gave me a box of Beeches Rose creams last week and they are delicious. I agree with other Forumites I also prefer Cadburys chocolate to Thorntons.

Thorntons do a really nice Christmas Box with 4 layers, we had one the last couple of years. Last year the delivery guys must have been playing football with the outer box, the chocolates were a right mess, all over the place, broken bits everywhere and the box damaged. Got in touch with Thornton CS with photos, CS phoned, apologised and said they would pick something out and put it in the post. I took delivery of a very large Hamper which lasted well into the new year :mysmilie_59:

I have never heard of Beech's chocolates!!! Who sells them in the DHS or supermarkets?

I have never heard of Beech's chocolates!!! Who sells them in the DHS or supermarkets?

I've seen them in john lewis a few times and also occasionally in TK Maxx, but with me I buy them from a local old school corner shop.

I am another fan of these chocolates. I buy mine from my local garden centre. They are yummy - especially the coffee ones, which are my favourites.

Oooh new Chocolatey goodness! :mysmilie_5: Thank you SCW

So... you have QVC offering 8 of Beech's creams for a total of £20.87 inc p&p (so £2.60 each)... or you can get an offer at Beech's to try all 11 cream flavours for £25 inc free first class p&p (so £2.27 each). Hmm - toughie... which do I go for?

Just to say - Moser Roth chocolate from Aldi is lovely. Sainsbury's Taste the Difference is lovely. For branded, buy anywhere - Green & Black is my favourite.

I used to be a real Cadbury's girl - but no more. It has lost its appeal for me.

Last edited:
If you register on their website they email you a 10% off voucher and their p and p is free on orders over £12

Oh how very dare you. How could you mention Beech's Chocolates to someone who is no longer allowed to eat them. I am imagining the taste of the violet and rose creams as I type and I'm struggling to hold back the tears. My heart is broken, broken I tell you. You cruel heartless people.

Oh how very dare you. How could you mention Beech's Chocolates to someone who is no longer allowed to eat them. I am imagining the taste of the violet and rose creams as I type and I'm struggling to hold back the tears. My heart is broken, broken I tell you. You cruel heartless people.

I'm very sorry. I'll eat them to get rid of them... just to be nice! :mysmilie_50:

Oh I like Lindt caramel it's Devine. I think I have seen the crimes you are all talking about in garden centres around here and maybe Lakeland the kitchen place. Never tried them though. Might have to reconsider after all your comments

Latest posts

Back