Best Make up brushes??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bosrebel

Registered Shopper
can you point me in the right direction of the best make up brushes??

Thanks in advance :hi:

Smashbox and Bobbi Brown both sell excellent brushes the latter expensive but you will get years of use of of. I have some from last century. Think of them as an investment.

Smashbox brushes are brilliant. I've used mine every day for years and they're still as good as new.

To echo nearly everyone else...Smashbox are great. Had mine for years and they're still as good as the day I bought them. I ordered an eyeshadow palette from them a few years ago that came with a full size blender brush as part of the kit. I think it was only £18 for the eyeshadow trio and brush and the quality of both is superb.

I wash them in whatever shampoo i'm using at the time!

Another vote here for Smashbox.

Bobbi Brown( & Mac) are also great but far more expensive, though if you can get them in a kit with a product it works out cheaper.
Incidentally, I also have some brilliant ones that I bought years & years ago in Boots. They're Liz Collinge, hairdresser Andrew's wife, but unfortunately the whole range, brushes, makeup disappeared.

I had a good set of brushes from Arianne Poole years ago,why did she stop coming to Q? I used to like her makeup.
Lynn.

Another recommendation for Smashbox brushes - the couple I've had in kits seem to have lasted well.

Am still using Michael Maron (Mojave Magic) brushes which must be 10yrs old, and still as good as new.

Have also found that Ruby and Millie brushes from Boots to be of good quality and not too expensive.

Worst brushes I've found are the face ones that come in Bare Escentuals TSV's - awful, never seen shedding like it.

Another vote for Smashbox here although lately I'm much more likely to reach for my Real Techniques or Lauren Luke brushes (both ranges designed by YouTube 'gurus'). LL are available from her website, she recently halved all of the prices so they're fab value. Real Techniques will be available in Boots soon and they are awesome brushes, especially for the price. I also like Sigma brushes available online, they have some very niftily shaped face and eyeshadow brushes that really help with application. For a kabuki brush you can't beat Ecotools (also Boots) and they do a travel one too which is fab.

x

I have a set of the Ecotools brushes which I think are fab, and aren't too expensive.
X

the worst kabuki brush was a smashbox one and i find bare escentuals flawless brush far from flawless. if you are on a budget just buy one at a time and pay as much as you can afford. i dont think you need dozens of brushes maybe only 3-4. if you pay around £100 for all of them and they are good they will last you many years

smashbox

thanks for all the great recommendations, i've just splashed out on a smashbox face and body brush as i think this is one brush i will use all the time, i dont wear eye makeup as often, so i might get brushes for eyes later on when i've got over how much i spent ... :rock: ..

Brushes are an investment and meant to last you years if properly looked after. Wash in mild shampoo and never get the water up into the glue bit. Oh they need to air dry as well.

I have had expensive ones that shed like a dead dog, Molton Brown and Laura Mecier.

Also you really only need the basics don't be pulled into buying ones you rarely or never use. Powder,Blush,Eyeshadow two blending also used to apply all over the eye area and a smaller one for crease, eyeliner finer the better, and a lip brush if you use one.

IMO Bobbi Brown are the best make up brushes (with the exception of the Smashbox face and body brush) last forever and are brilliant quality.

I find a lot of brushes just too rough or prickly on the skin (especially Bare Escentuals)...Just Beauty Direct do 'Ultimate' a lovely super soft synthetic brush range which are great for mineral makeup and general use.

Latest posts

Back