benefit make up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I am a die hard Mally fan. But really tempted by this range.

Just ordered: Coralista Blusher, Majorette Blusher (love coral-pink) and the Big Easy complexion perfector.

Any comments from fellow forumites (this is what the forum is for)

I have the Dandelion blusher, its the only shade that has EVER suited my pale complexion.

I rarely use makeup and it is 5+ years old :mysmilie_11: and still perfect for me.

I think I still have another 2 years use in it......:mysmilie_50:

And no, I wouldn't keep mascara or anything used near by eyes for so long.

I always avoid the Benefit counters in my local Debenhams because the Benefit sales staff are really hard sell. They won`t allow you to just browse or test in peace and before you know it they`d have you strapped to a chair, emptying your makeup bag and totting up a whole new face for you. I`ve seen the Benefit bits and bobs on Q but if it`s a brand I know I could test in a bricks and mortar store then I`d always do that before ordering from QVC. The p and p is a bug bear, as is the effort of returning stuff and also the risk of things going missing and the palava of forms, letters and long waits for refunds.

My favourite bronzer is from Benefit, but it isn't Hoola which looks a little muddy on me, it's Dallas. It works (with a very light touch) because it has a slight red tone (I know it sounds awful). Somehow it mimics being caught by the sun (not burnt though) but has a scary terracotta-pot colour in the compact. Having a light skin colour I look wrong if I try to bronze as though that's my natural tanned colour (Hoola does this) but Dallas give that healthy "been out for a walk in the sunshine" appearance. I've had mine for 5+ years (though I don't use it every day) but I use a fan brush as the Benefit ones which come in the box pick up and deposit too much colour.

I have a couple of the blushers which I must dig out and revisit; one of them developed a shiny surface (I suspect for the transfer of face products from my face via the brush but I rescued it by sand-papering off the top layer. I used to like Dandelion but prefer Laura Geller's Ethereal powder.

I've bought direct from their US site - their offers tend to be better than those on the UK site and they used to have occasional free international postage which was a good time to stock up (there's a risk of customs charges though).

I avoid any beauty counter for this reason. I actually hate shopping!

Just checked out Benefit's own website. QVC is cheaper, even with p&p.

But Q are naughty for saying the Majorette blush is exclusive to them (which I saw on air last week). It's not. It's on Benefit's website.

I agree, Vienna. I give Benefit counters and their assistants a wide berth ever since one got her hands on me and plastered me with make-up so thick that it actually emphasised lines and wrinkles when my face moved. Not good. But my DD swears by it. I wouldn't buy it.

I love Benefit. it's such a natural, healthy glowing sort of look. One thing I noticed early on though, is that it's important to be looking after your skin and moisturising first, otherwise it can look drying and show up lines and pores quite badly on my 40yr old skin. I agree about Dandelion blusher for pale complexions. I'm a porcelain blonde and it's perfect for a natural looking glow. I also use That Gal, Boiing, Porefessional, Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation, Lollitint and Posietint, Sugarbomb, Sunbeam, Oh La Lift, Bad Gal liner, They're Real mascara, and Lollibalm and ChaChaBalm for lips. If you're not sure, there are usually plenty of sets of mini versions available so you can try lots of things at once for a small cost. Or you will find most miniature Benefit products on EBay for around a fiver including postage.
The only item I don't buy all the time is the foundation as I still love Bare Minerals original which gives me a lighter finish.

I liked their mascara but couldnt shift it and all the eye make up removers irritated my skin so went back to tubing - but if you dont have this problem then I would recommend it (and this is from someone who has spent years trying them out)

Almost forgot, I was sent this day cream with spf15 to test for the Beauty Bible a while ago and it was pleasant enough, DD (18) used it up after the test and really liked it, DS (20) even used it which is pretty amazing - it's difficult to convince boys of any age to wear an spf. If you don't need a rich day cream it might be worth a try, though it was a little scented for my taste. http://www.qvcuk.com/Benefit-Triple...tml?sc=AZMHB&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-36-_-205573

The way to wriggle out of their pressure selling is to say you have a birthday soon and ask them to make a list of all the products they recommend so you can send "close relative X" in to buy them for you...then walk and never look back.

I haven't tried the foundation but I love The Sugarbomb blusher and lip gloss.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

love benefit and even though the girls can be pushy still one of the best all round make -up there is

Benefit is a really nice range which I dip into every now and again. I live their hi beam highlighter, you can just dab a LITTLE on and blend for a nice subtle effect. (Alison Young take note.) I think in the winter this product especially brightens the skin up.

I used bits and pieces long ago. They had some gorgeous body lotions(not the synthetic smelling ones they sell now), fun products great quality nice simple skin care. Then late 00s they suddenly changed and brought out most of the stuff around now. I found them boring and quality nowhere as good. The sales staff are very very hard sell. I never even look at their new stuff any more.

I usually use Bobbi Brown, but wanted to try Benefit and agree about their counters lol... anyway, I ordered some mini's from their own website and really glad I did as I cannot say I am overly impressed with their stuff. I got a set of 6 mini lip glosses, which feel lovely to wear but have no staying power whatsoever, but will keep these for handbags. I also got one of their 'book' type sets with hoola bronzer, they're real mascara, mini lipgloss, couple of eyeshadows - I dislike the mascara, it is terrible to remove even with my usual waterproof makeup remover plus I do not think it warrants a £20 price tag. I usually use Maybelline one at £6.99 which is brilliant and I will continue to stick with. I also ordered Hello Flawless Powder and again, cannot say I will be re-ordering this

I really like their Boiiing concealer, it is the most industrial strength I have found and is actually the exact colour I need. To save cash I bought the doll10 duo but if I were going somewhere special I would only use Benefit.

I did see AY once raving about their tinted moisturiser, Rebel something or other, and assuring us it was completely colour correcting so not to be afraid of how tan it looked. I honestly looked as if I had just popped out of a toaster. I think I saved it for the summer but even then it was OTT so a friend with darker colouring got it!

It's good make up but I can't help but feel you pay a premium for the packaging and branding, there's just as good quality make up out there for a lower price.

The high beam highlighter is very good but I won't buy another when it runs out, no7 have a highlighter stick for half the price and it does exactly the same thing, and if anything it lasts longer.

My Majorette blush has arrived and it is love at first sight! It's massive, lovely packaging agreed but I can see this lasting me years. Coralista blush is lovely too...agree you need a very light hand. I cancelled my order for the complexion perfector as I reallly do not need. I had a "window" for new blush though and without wanting to sound scary I double blush with a bit of cream blush underneath powder blush on top. I don't look like Aunt Sally I promise!

I avoid any beauty counter for this reason. I actually hate shopping!

Just checked out Benefit's own website. QVC is cheaper, even with p&p.

But Q are naughty for saying the Majorette blush is exclusive to them (which I saw on air last week). It's not. It's on Benefit's website.

Cheeky buggers! It certainly isn't exclusive, it's on counter already. I saw it in Boots the other day.

I got this duo for £18 in the Deb's sale http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123901011299_-1 and it's a lovely set if you suit peach/apricot tones. The colours look strong but applied with a light touch they look lovely. Also the ChaCha tint stays true to colour on my lips; so many long wear lippies turn pink after a while so it works well as a tint under other strong lip colours. The size is small but it will easily last me until the next big thing comes out to replace it (I'm v fickle about make up and never do the same face 3 days running).

BUT WAIT!

As if I hadn't sold this enough you can have orders delivered to your nearest Debenhams to collect (within 30 days) for free. Plus beauty card points if you have one!

Latest posts

Back