Bella Pierre mineral Foundation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

YORKO

Registered Shopper
Hi All

Has anyone tried the Bella Pierre mineral foundation. I usually use Bare Minerals but curious

Also shade comparrison if anyone can help, I use light in BM

Thanks in advance

Hi Yorko

I used Bare Minerals a few years ago now but I switched to Philosophy Supernatural mineral foundation. I found that for me Bare Escentuals didn't have much staying power, tended to sit in any fine lines and didn't always give good coverage if my skin was playing up. I preferred the Supernatural as it was much easier to use and to carry about. I am not sure if they changed the formulation (or more than likely my skin just got older!) but I found it started looking very matt and powdery on me and a bit mask like. I then saw a demo for the Bellapierre compact foundation and thought I would give it a try. I was very impressed and have been using it ever since.

It gives a very natural finish, doesn't have a flat matt finish and is not sparkly or glittery or anything like that. I like the fact that I can just use it with a small brush as a concealer if I need it and it is really quick and easy to use, easy to carry about and touch up if needed. It has pretty good staying power and I find I can make touch ups without it looking cakey and heavy. I also find it doesn't change colour on my skin and go a bit orangey like some foundations have in the past.

It is also a perfect colour for me. Sorry but as it was so long ago since I used BE, I can't remember what shade I used and whether it was light or fairly light or a mixture of the two. I am fair but not quite that Nicole Kidman porcelain fair. I use the ivory shade and it's just right. I think I ordered the lighter one by mistake once (as at that time QVC had given them different names to the shade listed on the compact) but it was very pale.

The only gripe I have got it is that I ordered one recently and it arrived all crumbled and broken (despite the usual ridiculous P&P charge it was sent by Royal Mail in a slightly padded envelope). The replacement also arrived in the same state, having been despatched in the same way(despite me pointing out that the packaging was insufficent) so I am keeping my fingers cross it will be third time lucky as I am about to run out and just wouldn't want to be without this!

I've only seen Bellapierre only once before, and that was when it was a tsv some years ago, with eyeshadows in a tower. Very good though.

On one of the Norn Iron Ladies wot Lunch affairs the fabulous AthenaNi had this supplied at the HoF BP counter and she looked ridiculous it was so chalky it was absurd!

Needless to say she exited stage left post haste and removed same pronto

Hi,

I have used both. I use the medium shade in BE and tried the light (Ivory)in BP. But it was too yellow for my pink skin. It went on well, easier than BE IMO, but I returned it. I believe I am probably a latte which Q do not stock.

But if you are a yellow undertone then the ivory shade may well suit you, as Q are much cheaper than other stockists of BP.

You always have the 30 day mbg.

Hope this helps

Caz

Sorry Roxygirl but the Philosophy one is way too shiny for me. On the other hand the BE one is too matte. Just right for me is Origins mineral pressed powder. Sorry if that sounded like The Three Bears!!

Hi Yorko

I used Bare Minerals a few years ago now but I switched to Philosophy Supernatural mineral foundation. I found that for me Bare Escentuals didn't have much staying power, tended to sit in any fine lines and didn't always give good coverage if my skin was playing up. I preferred the Supernatural as it was much easier to use and to carry about. I am not sure if they changed the formulation (or more than likely my skin just got older!) but I found it started looking very matt and powdery on me and a bit mask like. I then saw a demo for the Bellapierre compact foundation and thought I would give it a try. I was very impressed and have been using it ever since.

It gives a very natural finish, doesn't have a flat matt finish and is not sparkly or glittery or anything like that. I like the fact that I can just use it with a small brush as a concealer if I need it and it is really quick and easy to use, easy to carry about and touch up if needed. It has pretty good staying power and I find I can make touch ups without it looking cakey and heavy. I also find it doesn't change colour on my skin and go a bit orangey like some foundations have in the past.

It is also a perfect colour for me. Sorry but as it was so long ago since I used BE, I can't remember what shade I used and whether it was light or fairly light or a mixture of the two. I am fair but not quite that Nicole Kidman porcelain fair. I use the ivory shade and it's just right. I think I ordered the lighter one by mistake once (as at that time QVC had given them different names to the shade listed on the compact) but it was very pale.

The only gripe I have got it is that I ordered one recently and it arrived all crumbled and broken (despite the usual ridiculous P&P charge it was sent by Royal Mail in a slightly padded envelope). The replacement also arrived in the same state, having been despatched in the same way(despite me pointing out that the packaging was insufficent) so I am keeping my fingers cross it will be third time lucky as I am about to run out and just wouldn't want to be without this!

Thanks Roxygirl

That was a great response and covered all the bases. Im going to give it a go as I need to order one or the other, if no good then at least Ive tried it.

Thanks again

Yorko

I have used Bella Pierre blusher and almost everything in BE. I like Bella Pierre's colours which I think are far more natural on me, but I am not so convinced of how well they stay on the skin... As I say, only used the blusher but what I did use tends to disappear after a couple of hours! (Which is why I never went for the foundation)...

Latest posts

Back