Beauty Days - How many is too many?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IceT

Registered Shopper
Or shall I say, how many before all the "exclusivity" has been lost?

Few years ago I used to watch QVC regularly and at that time there were couple of beauty days a year. It used to be an exciting time of year that I looked forward to and certainly there were few bargains around or at least some larger sizes of products offered, only during the beauty day event.

I've just seen online, there is yet ANOTHER beauty day coming along. AGAIN!! Correct me if I am wrong, but that's already the third or fourth one this year alone and it's only July. Not to mention majority of the shows are beauty shows, then there is also the beauty pick of the month, as well....Don't get me wrong, beauty stuff is mainly what I am interested in, but talk about overhyping, overrating and overpromoting the same old thing.

Undoubtedly, Q is getting stuck into a massive rut with the same old themes, formats and products being recycled and regurgitated, over and over again. Not to mention the majority of its presenters are totally unwatchable. No wonder, I haven't bought anything in over a year and I used to put in an order almost weekly, before. The novelty has well and truly worn off long time ago, with me.

Time to rethink, QVC?

Yes i totally totally agree. You can nearly tell what the TSV"S are going to be:-

American clothes ie fashion, the many names were used to.
Mally
Yet another camera
Richard Jacksons ideas
Kipling
Kim and Co
Clarisonic (how many of those can we use)
Yankee Candles
and i could go on and on.
Recently we"ve been getting the same old, same old, think they need to revamp the TSV"S and
bring someone new in with NEW IDEAS . Its gone downhill, like M&S, We can only buy and
watch so much beauty. So comeone QVC liven things up and give us what we want :yawn:

I only watch Beauty so I am ok with as many Beauty Days as they want. Doesn't mean I'll buy!!!!!!

Last edited:
I compile quizzes for fun, and I may have another 'list' to join my repertoire.

The number of skincare ranges named after women is astounding once you start to add them up ! On qvc alone there is......

Emma Hardy
Liz Earle
Judith Williams
Gayle Hayman
Sarah Chapman
Eva Lom
Tova
Lulu

then there are the countless others Elizabeth Arden, Linda Lusardi, Jo Malone, Estee Lauder etc etc etc............

Price!
That's what I reckon.
People get sucked in for 30 quid here, 30 quid there.
Thirty quid doesn't hurt so much.

Jewellery is out - we are just not buying
boys toys are pricey, but we still get one a week

While I'm here, I'm going to have a little rant!
You don't begrudge me a little rant do you, especially as I never have them, being the happy, placid soul that I am (OK I'm telling porkie pies with that last bit).

QVC Beauty
very limited choice compared to the wonderful High Street
expensive (Miss Ali's word - presitjeeus)
anti-aging loaded
no ingredients listed
unbelievable claims made
abounds with quacks, celebs & sometimes barely articulate sales people, wheeled out to give the hard sell
"offers" - why buy what you really need for X pounds when you can have all this for XXX pounds
"try it" & pay the high P&P
"if you don't like it send it back" at your expense - both ways

I'm not perfect, no siree. I've just had to fork out another fiver on my skincare needs & it will only last me 3 months! I just hope Himself does not study the supermarket bill. Lord only knows he has his blonde moments, but unfortunately he's never stopped being an accountant.

I don't bother watching or looking online anymore. I know what I likes and I likes what I know. Therefore I order when there is a TSV with these products and everything else can go hang!

And how many Alison's beauty tips emails come through these days? I seem to get one every few days. :banghead:

I only ever look at the Beauty Day emails to see if there is an EP code I can use on something else! :p

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I'm with Caipirossi. I've used up every scrap I've ever bought in the last few months. Not all of it came from QVC. Some of it was good, some was OK and some was really ropey. From here on in if I buy it I have to use it. Hence me currently using the NSpa cleanser that I'm not that enamoured with. In the past I've have left it and bought something else.

I don't want or need dozens of lotions and potions. I'm avoiding kits and TSVs unless I will use everything or the one or two products I want would be more expensive to buy elsewhere.

Unless there's a bargain on C&P or IBST then beauty day won't get my money. I've got 100ml of PCMC just arrived.

I wish someone would explain to me how they do the pricing.

TSV's always come in around the £38 mark, from a crossed out figure of generally between £44 and £50 (so its never more than a tenner off) AND YET the amount of supposed value is ALWAYS around the £70 to £80 mark. If that is the case why the hell isn't the crossed out figure the higher one ?

I wish someone would explain to me how they do the pricing.

TSV's always come in around the £38 mark, from a crossed out figure of generally between £44 and £50 (so its never more than a tenner off) AND YET the amount of supposed value is ALWAYS around the £70 to £80 mark. If that is the case why the hell isn't the crossed out figure the higher one ?

I never understand the crossed out price either. I got a few elemis TSV's this year and I have a rough idea of the full prices so I know when they say it is over £100 of products they are telling the truth. I don't now why the full QVC price is only about £10 more than the TSV.

a jar of 50ml cream lasts 6 months that would mean i would only need around 2 tsv's a year but i feel it in my water most qvc customers buy a lot more than that stockpiling and gifts go to friends come to mind

i too cannot bear waste.My son has had quite a chronic skin problem over the years and the money I've spent on creams and potions,well makes me shudder.I have used every last one...as others said...some good,some ok and some down right ropey.

I again do not allow myself to buy TSV's where I'll only use 50%.I'd consider a TSV for not using 1 product...but not half of them.I'm now applying this other kits on QVC ie nail kits etc...

I get annoyed with QVC when they bang on about how much something costs "direct"....I'm not interested in that..I'm only interested in what it costs me at QVC...because at the moment,thats where I'm shopping!! if a TSV is £40 but QVc's normal price is £47....if its cost me £100 direct...well thats irrelevant to me...

QuizMistress

Linda Popadopolous has skincare on Q. I'd like to see that in a quiz!!! Okay, she calls it LP. But where's the fun in that? Ooh, Snarly is naughty today. ;)

Pretty please?

I compile quizzes for fun, and I may have another 'list' to join my repertoire.

Can you do one for us then Brissles? That would be nice if it's not too much trouble.
I enjoy doing quizzes even though a bit rubbish at them.

(mum writes)

I used to love the beauty shows, I'd even take time off work to see something special, but now it's all just the same old handful of brands and products constantly rotated round. And on top of that, you can now find 95% of QVC's products elsewhere for far less money, less P&P and faster service. Take, for example, Lulu's Youth Juice - QVC sell it for just over £30 with £3.95 P&P. I buy the same product from a trusted eBay shop for £18, P&P free and products are usually delivered within 48 hours.

My rant is Debbie Flint (and others, but she is the worst). Perricone Cleanser is "great value in a size never to be seen again, Why not buy two?" Oh sure, these are just under £50 (inc P&P) each so I'm sure we all have a spare £100 floating about, just for a cleanser. And if you do spend that sort of money, QVC will actually give you half off the second P&P. Oh wow! Of course, every other company out there would most likely give you free P&P for that sort of order value. It's even more galling to see it all repeated on the beauty "channel" with JF who cannot, cannot, cannot live without it. I know they live in a different world to most of us but I do wish they'd stop shoving their affluence down our throats. As you can guess, I don't watch much any more.

QVC - socks - pull them up!

Latest posts

Back