Beauty Bash January 2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll have a closer look through the list but these are the obvious newbies, plus my own initial views,

M.Asam - nice range similar to Judith Williams - big sizes economical
Japonesque - I wonder if we'll get the professional cases etc or just brushes
This Works - sells in Boots, Lloyds pharmacy etc not sure why they need QVC to raise their profile?
Codage - French, they sell a load of different serums - expect dull shows and too many similar products to choose from (I could be wrong)
Deborah Lippman - glitter nail polish - what a refreshing change!
Living Proof- more hair stuff
Nude - tried the cleansing oil from Spacenk sale - nice!
Eve Pearl - already listed in the new items thread I seem to remember

Also tried Nude from Space NK in their sale. I'm sorry there's no Melvita this year. I've never seen Bobbi brown there either. Would have loved WEN to be there, but l guess no BA in the UK.

Received my invite letter last week.

Hi Tanglefoot these are just the ones that are new this year, and the full list says "subject to change" so you never know Wen might be slotted in, but it probably does depend on the reps being available for those dates. There might be a wen sample in the goody bag; it's definitely a brand that needs a trial run as the threads on here show. Melvita were generous with their freebies last year, handing them out as well as a sample in the bags at the end.

Bobbi Brown had a stand at the old NewYearNewYou event, with their previous guest Paul Herrington. He was nice but the girls with him were a bit humourless. (probably went to the Alexis L'Occitane school of customer relations).

I'll have a closer look through the list but these are the obvious newbies, plus my own initial views,

M.Asam - nice range similar to Judith Williams - big sizes economical
Japonesque - I wonder if we'll get the professional cases etc or just brushes
This Works - sells in Boots, Lloyds pharmacy etc not sure why they need QVC to raise their profile?
Codage - French, they sell a load of different serums - expect dull shows and too many similar products to choose from (I could be wrong)
Deborah Lippman - glitter nail polish - what a refreshing change!
Living Proof- more hair stuff
Nude - tried the cleansing oil from Spacenk sale - nice!
Eve Pearl - already listed in the new items thread I seem to remember

Japonesque do a very good brush cleanser.

Nude I have been using the oil and the Advanced moisturizer

This Works, I bought a gift set last year at half price in SpaceNK sale. Nice candle and bath salts. Their skincare as said natural essential oils.

Deborah Lippman I found the polishes crap, chipped very easily. The nail polish remover pads are excellent though.

Living Proof a very nice range, now part owned by Jennifer Anison(sp). The pink range is good. But expect the JA part to be pushed down your throats.

Fingers crossed Akimbo re the WEN. It's definitely a marmite product. The guy from melvita was lovely, he gave me loads of samples for me and my friend.

Never got on with Deborah Lippman polishes either.

Oh and NUDE was bought over by I believe LVMH (the own Dior, Givenchy and Guerlain among others), about a year ago(not sure could be 2?), anyway quite a few swear the products have changed. I do get a slight smell now of the facial oil but it does not hang around.

There have been a few interesting threads on the QVC FB page people trying to sell their tickets at £20! They keep getting pulled and then reposted.

Please give us a full report Akimbo after you return.

Aw that's such a shame DD I rang within minutes of the letter arriving, I think the send out more letters than they have tickets.

You know me Donna, I'll give a full and frank report when we get back! My daughter and I have a plan of attack, we don't waste time with treatments and manicures but we may challenge the Ego ladies to curl our long poker straight hair, last year they offered to do it with their Pod thingy during the lunch break at the end of our session but the QVC bods told us we couldn't stay in the building. If DD or I get this done early on, it'll be interesting to see whether it lasts until lunchtime OR maybe get the Taya stylist to do that thing with our heads upside down for huge volume; with hair over 2 feet long we'd look like dandelion clocks or Thing1 & Thing2 :mysmilie_19:

Attachments

• thing1.jpg
    thing1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 563
Living Proof haircare is available from Marks and Spencer - not cheap £21 for 236ml of shampoo.

Having tried every perm, gadget etc in the 80s to achieve curl I was overjoyed when everyone from the 90s onwards wanted straight hair. So now I go with what I've got, keep it long and layer-free and just use Wen and the tiniest amount of Oribe Supershine moisture cream on the ends. That's the whole routine twice a week. But I do enjoy challenging those sales people you get in shopping malls who want to sell me straighteners or curling wands!

I admit I don't know much about the 'beauty bash' or other Q promotional events.If you are a distance out of London do you not have to check travel/accommodation arrangements before booking the event? I once went to a Q & Good Housekeeping (magazine) event at Chiswick & was able to do it in a day from 'up North' ( very enjoyable too!)What proportion of their customers are quite a distance from London? meaning travel there & back in a day is difficult--north of Manchester/ Leeds or rail journeys taking more than 2 hours from London.Maybe a roving bash would be worth their while?

I doubt they will ever move outside London, for years people have asked etc but nothing ever done.

Hey I got a chance to win to appear in The Real Pie Company ad thing. Well since they don't even ship to Northern Ireland I just ignored them.

That's bonkers Donna...now if you were from Wigan, it'd make sense. Wigan folk are known as Pie Eaters...and v nice pies are to be had in Wigan; come to think of it if they'd asked anyone from Lancashire to appear we'd say in one voice "How much?" So that's another part of the UK unsuitable for said promo.

There are certainly folk from the Sarf at the Beauty Bash but quite a few people come from much further afield, staying in a hotel and making more of a short stay in London of it. The contents of the goody bag pretty much cover the train fare for me and my daughter (an afternoon slot would make the ticket off peak but I'm happy to get up early), I'm only 90mins from London Bridge by train. Any further away or if they start skimping on the bag contents then I'd weigh up whether it was really worth it.

Pipa has just said she's at tomorrow's Beauty Bash (not sure whether morning or afternoon though; maybe both).

Looking forward to hearing everyone's stories from this years Beauty Bash and as many photos as you have the energy to take and upload to this forum... :)
Hope everyone that goes has a great time.

Me too. Someone just posted a picture of the goody bag on FB. I've been 3 times now to the BB and I couldn't believe how stingy it looked compared to other years. The fact that they weren't allowed to give out free samples and apparently no raffle. I'm now glad when I phoned up to RSVP it was full. I live in London and I feel really bad for all the ppl who had to travel from further distances.

Me too. Someone just posted a picture of the goody bag on FB. I've been 3 times now to the BB and I couldn't believe how stingy it looked compared to other years. The fact that they weren't allowed to give out free samples and apparently no raffle. I'm now glad when I phoned up to RSVP it was full. I live in London and I feel really bad for all the ppl who had to travel from further distances.

Yes i saw it too and its shame for those who had to buy tickets and then get a pretty poor goody bag, I think it would be fairer if everyone had to buy a ticket so everyone has a fair chance of going, seems prety unfair that some people are getting a free ticket every year.

i have not touched my goody bag apart from the revitalash i would rather to be able to pick from a range that i actually use than have heaps of stuff i dont like.

I agree Autumn even though I was sent an invite I had no intention of going,don't understand people getting excited about it,and I certainly wouldn't want to meet any of the presenters

Latest posts

Back