Beauty Bash 27 January 11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Minnehaha

Registered Shopper
Have any other forumites received tickets for the Beauty Bash on 27 January 11?

:thinking: Question for those who have attended past bashes: are the beauty bashes all-female events or do some people come with male partners/friends?

Jay

PS apologies if there is an existing thread; from a quick skim, I have been unable to find it.

QVC would avoid inviting any of us lot like the plague. We are unclean as far as they are concerned:giggle:

LipstickCherry and I have been a few times and there are a few men there...the tend to lurk around the refreshments guarding their other half's bag of freebies and trying not to make eye contact with Leighton Denny :emo:

It's more fun to go with a girl friend...I'm pretty sure Andrew Bagley still has nightmares and we may have contributed to a couple of guests "disappearance" from QVC (Jill Molton Brown and Lee Philosophy may still be in the Priory for all I know)....we don't accept any resposibility :rock: for our loud bad behaviour! AY visibly recoiled as we approached...maybe she thought we'd lamp her one! :angel:

So envious and would love to go again; you'll have a ball! And the freebies' ml for ml value pretty much covered our train fare. :up: Make sure you stay for the raffle draw as the prizes are excellent

Jude xx

There has been a thread (or 2) on here in the past couple of weeks with people saying they had tickets so I know some more forumites are going.

Didn't get one myself though - never get anything from qvc not even the 3 easy pay emails!!!!!

There has been a thread (or 2) on here in the past couple of weeks with people saying they had tickets so I know some more forumites are going.

Didn't get one myself though - never get anything from qvc not even the 3 easy pay emails!!!!!

I won tickets in the comp so will be going and really looking forward to it!!

I'm a bloke and I'm going :) Went last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Plus it was good for freebies and they had the most wonderful pastries! :D Decent coffee too, so, yes, I did lurk around the refreshments a bit. Didn't avoid Leighton though, had a good chat and thought he was a really nice guy. I actually got dragged along last year because I'm mum's full-time carer and she wouldn't have been able to go otherwise, but it turned out to be a brilliant day. Very happy to have won tickets and be going again :) I actually thought the token men in the crowed got a little special treatment. I certainly got looked after by the lady from A'kin. I got so much stuff from her that I'm still using it almost a year later!

I'm a bloke and I'm going :) Went last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Plus it was good for freebies and they had the most wonderful pastries! :D Decent coffee too, so, yes, I did lurk around the refreshments a bit. Didn't avoid Leighton though, had a good chat and thought he was a really nice guy. I actually got dragged along last year because I'm mum's full-time carer and she wouldn't have been able to go otherwise, but it turned out to be a brilliant day. Very happy to have won tickets and be going again :) I actually thought the token men in the crowed got a little special treatment. I certainly got looked after by the lady from A'kin. I got so much stuff from her that I'm still using it almost a year later!

Looking to it even more now!!

LipstickCherry and I have been a few times and there are a few men there...the tend to lurk around the refreshments guarding their other half's bag of freebies and trying not to make eye contact with Leighton Denny :emo:

It's more fun to go with a girl friend...I'm pretty sure Andrew Bagley still has nightmares and we may have contributed to a couple of guests "disappearance" from QVC (Jill Molton Brown and Lee Philosophy may still be in the Priory for all I know)....we don't accept any resposibility :rock: for our loud bad behaviour! AY visibly recoiled as we approached...maybe she thought we'd lamp her one! :angel:

So envious and would love to go again; you'll have a ball! And the freebies' ml for ml value pretty much covered our train fare. :up: Make sure you stay for the raffle draw as the prizes are excellent

Jude xx

Ah yes. And the sweet memory of MOP Mike running his fingers through my hair... :nod: :giggle: :blush:

QVC would avoid inviting any of us lot like the plague. We are unclean as far as they are concerned:giggle:

Your probably right Lilian:sad: QVC should note though that some of their best customers and biggest spenders are amongst the lovely forumites on this website - any comments we make should be regarded by QVC as positive/negative feedback(and free at that!!) rather than criticism - if QVC cant accept the truth and take some action on it, its there loss - there are loads of other(sometimes cheaper) places we can spend our money(and get free/cheaper p&p). I hope any forumites who have tickets really enjoy the Beauty Bash and have a great day:clapping:

Thanks, shall be there with my sister. This'll be our first time so we're both quite excited at the prospect of a freebie or two. Sorry for being daft but I assume you can buy stuff there too? What happens about pricing - is it the QVC price without the postage or do you just order it and they send it to you?

Thanks, shall be there with my sister. This'll be our first time so we're both quite excited at the prospect of a freebie or two. Sorry for being daft but I assume you can buy stuff there too? What happens about pricing - is it the QVC price without the postage or do you just order it and they send it to you?

No buying. Last year, one of the companies was saying that they're forbidden from selling.

I'm going for the first time and taking my mum. She would never dream of spending QVC prices on skincare and make-up but I keep her well stocked in Gatineau and she loves the range. I'm hoping the event will inspire her to try some new things and maybe experiment with her look. She is very fond of adding colour by using dark foundation, paired with dark eyeshadow and bright lipstick and I'd love her to try a fresher, softer look. Hope the BE ladies will work their magic!

The only time I have been was when they held it at QVC Towers in the reception area.
Think it was only the second time they had held a New Year New You event.
Not many beauty brands sold in the early days but remember Jill Goldsmith with Molton Brown, Andrew with Gatineau and Phytomer. Keeley from Elemis was there (think she had only been on QVC for a few months at that time) and a lady from a company that did natural hair colourants.

I remember AY and think it was Angus Purden being there, now he was rather nice in the flesh! Still have a signed photo lurking somewhere! :blush:

Lovely buffet and drinks and the raffle prizes were good. Bet the events now are much better with them stocking so many different brands and lots of freebies too!

Anyway....all forumites who are going have a great day! :clapping:

Latest posts

Back