Beauty: Access all Areas featuring Revitlash TSV Friday 1st June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can only answer for myself. Since my middle/late forties, when an eyelash has fallen out, it is not being replaced. So I now have sparse lashes and would like a few more more.

Mine were like that Itchy. I used to have lovely lashes in my 20's and 30's then in my forties they just got worse and worse. I started using the revitalash about a year ago and now they are back to as they used to be.

Money well spent in my opinion. But then as I don't drink or smoke this is what I choose to spend my money on. I earn it so will spend it on something that makes me feel better.

I am really being swayed by the rave reviews for Revitalash, but it is expensive. I have to factor in the conversion to euro and then the higher than normal postage (higher than you guys in the UK). I am interested to hear that the Rapidlash from Boots is good too, so I will have a look next time I am in town. Mind you, knowing our Boots, they probably won't have it.

Itchy, I've been using the Careprost/generic latisse, which is the same ingredient used in Revitalash. It's only £15.95 for 3ml delivered from
www.aonebeauty.co.uk

I'm on my second bottle and now only use it two or three times a week as my lashes are better than they were in my twenties! They also sell the tiny disposable brushes to apply it with for a very reasonable price. I'm really pleased with the results and as you only need one drop at a time, the 3ml lasts ages.

HTH

Just wanted to bump this in case anyone is in danger of buying the TSV today. See my post above for the same ingredient at a much kinder price, and I don't have shares in the company honest, it really works:)

Eyelash Serums

@Mam - good reviews on MakeupAlley. Next on my list. And the final one! before I give up, been at it since 1 Jan. Do you put it on once a day? On the eyelid or eyelash? Have the 30 brushes and bottle in 'fridge at the ready for tonight. Hope it's not scratchy like Revitathingymahooey.

@Mam - good reviews on MakeupAlley. Next on my list. And the final one! before I give up, been at it since 1 Jan. Do you put it on once a day? On the eyelid or eyelash? Have the 30 brushes and bottle in 'fridge at the ready for tonight. Hope it's not scratchy like Revitathingymahooey.

Good luck Snarly. I use it once a day, usually after cleansing at night and before applying the night cream. I was wary of a reaction at first as my skin can be very temperamental when I use anything different. I haven't had any side effects at all and I apply it at the base of the lashes where they meet the lid. I'd say it took about a month before I saw real results but my lashes keep getting better. Let us know how you get on:)

The Revitalash conditioner in the TSV is a supersize - the one in the 3 piece set on beauty day was a smaller size.

Can anyone tell me if the formulation for Revitabrow is different or can you use revitalash on your brows.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I can only listen to Natalia for about a minute.
Lynn

Can anyone tell me if the formulation for Revitabrow is different or can you use revitalash on your brows.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I can only listen to Natalia for about a minute.
Lynn
Apparently it's the same ingredient but I've tried the Careprost on my eyebrows and haven't seen much difference.

Can anyone tell me what the active ingredient is? I really want to buy this, but I'm worried as I've read so many negative (as well as positive!) reviews on the side effects.

I'm sure I heard her say earlier there are no chemicals, it's all protein, keratin etc...which surprises me. If this is all it takes to grow new hair or thicken established hair, surely it would be everywhere by now?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting article I found when I Google the ingredients.

When I got my hands on RevitaLash I couldn't wait to use it. I had caught wind of rumors that Revitalash was widely effective at making eyelashes longer and fuller and thought that this could be the answer to my prayers for Bambi-like lashes. Then Marta had to burst my bubble, ominously warning that RevitaLash might stain my eyelid skin or even turn my baby blues brown! Refusing to cave to the naysayers, I persevered with my RevitaLash experiment, all for the sake of Truth in Aging and a genetically-endowed set of stubby lashes.

I am glad I did because, as you may have heard, RevitaLash works. Around the five-week mark, I started to notice a difference. There is now a slight curl to the lashes on the outer edge, and one lash in particular seems to have nearly doubled in length. What my lashes continue to lack in thickness, they are beginning to make up for in length. Once ashamed to admit that my boyfriend's eyelashes were more luscious than mine, I am now proud that my set can hold their own- with the requisite dose of mascara, of course.

Though some users claim that RevitaLash darkens the actual hair, I was not so lucky. With my light coloring, I still need to glob on mascara to achieve that enviable eye-popping effect. But on the upside, both my eyelids and eyes have retained their natural color. I was a little worried by a slight stinging sensation that occurred when I lined the liquid too heavily and felt it seep into my eye after closing it. Aside from producing a bloodshot effect, the stinging subsides after a few seconds and is not so much painful as disconcerting, since it makes you wonder what exactly is reacting with your eyeball.

Fortunately, what makes up RevitaLash no longer includes bimatoprost, an ingredient in glaucoma drugs to lower the fluid pressure in the eye, which can not only deactivate the drug, but can also lead to damage to the optic nerve and even blindness for sufferers of the condition. The FDA has identified side effects in normal users of bimatoprost as swelling of the retina, inflammation, and reduced vision. Athena Cosmetics, the manufacturer of RevitaLash, reformulated its eyelash product and relaunched it as an "eyelash conditioner" in January of this year. Instead of bimatoprost, RevitaLash now contains another so-called prostaglandin found in glaucoma drugs.

The list of ingredients in RevitaLash is surprisingly short. There is some sodium chloride, a common medication to reduce the swelling of the cornea in certain eye conditions. Chlorphenesin, used in cosmetics as an antimicrobal preservative, can also be taken orally as a muscle relaxant, which effectively blocks nerve impulses sent to the brain. Not commercially available in the U.S., chlorphenesin is linked to a number of unwanted side effects, such as drowsiness and dizziness, as well as interactions with other drugs. In addition to phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin was part of the reason behind the mass recall of Mommy's Bliss Nipple Cream. The FDA issued a warning that these two ingredients may cause "respiratory distress, vomiting, and diarrhea in infants." Studies have shown that both phenoxyethanol and chlorphenesin can depress the central nervous system and cause facial dermatitis.

Though Revitalash's reformulated ingredients have been marketed as "100% safe", the conspicuous presence of two precarious preservatives makes you wonder- Just how safe was the original formula? According to some users, RevitaLash has the potential to increase ocular pressure, and therefore, it is advised to see an opthamologist while using the product. I wear contacts and didn't notice any change in vision, but I'm a little wary of long-term effects on eyesight if the solution continually comes into contact with the eyes. Minus the nominal discomfort, I experienced no iris discoloration nor any other visible drawbacks after six weeks of use.

An article on eyelash lengthening products in the Wall Street Journal last week included a quote by the opthamologist who founded Athena. He claimed that the ingredients in RevitaLash are "of a concentration that is reduced from anything that would be in any kind of medication" and that he has been "scupulously careful not to make any claims outside the realm of beautification." Desperate to comply with FDA regulations, RevitaLash ensures that its ingredients will not be classified as drugs. But in no way does that mean they are safe.

Ingredients:

Water, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol (Provitamin B-5), Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Phosphate, Trifluoromethyl Dechloro Ethylprostenolamide, Cellulose Gum
Related Posts

Interesting Donna. So how can Dolly say "there are no chemicals" in here..?! Hmm...skeptical I am!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Did I hear correctly that Dolly damaged her eyelashes with an eyelash curler and went to her GP? I hope I'm mistaken or she mentioned it during a "real" appointment!

Hey I once pulled all the top lashes on one eye out with an metal eyelash curler. I sneezed!!!! They did grow back as normal.

No, I did not go to the doctor. But it did hurt like hell at the time.

God almighty Donna I bet that hurt!! I knew there was a reason I'd never use eyelash curlers and that's got to be it.

Usually I can't watch "Dolly". But.... yesterday I actually found her pleasant to watch. She seemed so happy and enjoying what she was doing. Okay, some of the stories are a bit trite (the fringe) but on the whole a marked improvement.

Itchy... after your comments about revitalash I went and ordered the TSV. Now I have always had long curly lashes, and I try very hard never to flutter them at anybody. After reading Itchy's post I took a look at them. They seemed to have faded to a yukky brown colour these days, and do seem a little shorter in length. I got so used to wearing black mascara every day that I hadn't noticed this deterioration.

Thank you Itchy. I am by no means a ravishing beauty. I could drop a dress size or 2, I could make more effort with my hair by actually going to the hairdressers and using a hair dryer every once in a while. If I could be arsed I could file and paint my nails. But my eyelashes.. I must keep those, they are my best "bit". So this had better work!

Plus it hada mascara.. according to Dolly the Duchess of Cambridge uses it. Must be good then...... seriously, I always need a spare mascara. And the Easy pay is very handy.

Will use every night for 3 weeks as directed, if it does nowt I will return it.

Hey I once pulled all the top lashes on one eye out with an metal eyelash curler. I sneezed!!!! They did grow back as normal.

No, I did not go to the doctor. But it did hurt like hell at the time.

I did that too ! I did cave in to the TSV, here's hoping it really works within 30mbg !!

Latest posts

Back