BE question re: covering redness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was advised to get the bisque to cover redness, how does it differ from summer bisque please, I use the light BE foundation...I do get confused though as to what to layer on what with the various radiances and mineral veil.And yes the BE brush is very scratchy I thought it was just my sensative skin.

Summer bisque is a warmer colour than Bisque and it is actually more yellow. As I am a pink complexion I wouldn't touch summer bisque with a barge pole until it was demo'd on me and I realised how good it was. The yellowness actually counteracts the redness much better. It is also good around the nose area, particularly in winter if you get any redness there. It is also a good spot concealer. I apply mine over the top of foundation.

Classic bisque is an almost putty colour with a hint of pink and it is good under the eyes - although well rested is also good.

BE foundation needs buffing. I really didn't like BE foundation at first as it looked patchy and cakey and frankly rather naff.

A primer does help. BE do their own now and it has a similar texture to the Smashbox original Primer. It smooths the skin and makes such a difference. Wait for it to dry before applying any foundation.

Then swirl / tap and buff buff buff - gentle circular motions all across the face - it is the warmth of the buffing that creates the bonding of the BE to the skin and turns it into an almost creamy consistency. Buff down the nose and and chin. YOU will really see a difference.

Those of you who have heard me spouting off about this before, apologies, I think these posts were all lost in the June crash.

But if you have a pot of BE foundation lurking, get it out and with a soft dense brush, a kabuki is lovely as they are easy to hold. The Handi Buki from BE is also good. BE also have bought out the full flawless brush - this is much softer and more dense than the original foundation brush.

Fraggle also has a good tip - she applies a dusting of mineral veil before her eye make up (and this also works if you do this before applying your foundation) - it seems to prolong the longevity of your make up.

Has anyone tried the BE eye shadows, the skin on my lids is now quite crepy and any shadows with a hint of shine/sparkle seems to emphasize it so I`ve been using a matt one which isn`t much better....this getting older lark just isn`t fair!!I would be grateful for any advice

Has anyone tried the BE eye shadows, the skin on my lids is now quite crepy and any shadows with a hint of shine/sparkle seems to emphasize it so I`ve been using a matt one which isn`t much better....this getting older lark just isn`t fair!!I would be grateful for any advice

Try using an eyelid primer, smashbox, urban decay (my fav), Laura Mercier, Laura Geller and Elizabeth Arden to name a few make them.

BE shadows are lovely btw, and amazing when foiled ie used with a damp brush.:64:

Is the eye lid primer very different from the face one, as I have that smash box one....sorry for all the questions I only started wearing make up when I turned 50 and then it was only mascara and lipstick and am still learning ... but now need the full works....lol

Ask away by all means. It's my pleasure to help if I can and if I can't someone will. It really isn't recommended that you use face primer on the eye area. Most eye primers are a sort of flesh/beigey colour to help the eye shadow colour show true. One I forgot to mention and is very good is lemon aid by benefit. The urban decay primer which I use doesn't give much scope if you make a boo boo. The big secret to getting the makeup looking well is to blend, blend, blend. Bare skin by BE is a great natural colour, looks really well on and I hate neutrals or I used to until that came along. :64:

I used to have the same problem and if I used the bisque it always looked too 'cakey'. The only solution I found was using a good cream concealer underneath. If you want a mineral one the Jane Iredale one in the tube is really good.

Latest posts

Back