bb shimmer brick - is it any good

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mrbrightside

Registered Shopper
Hi All , sorry if this has been asked before ? I am tempted to buy a Shimmerbrick ? I would appreciate any comments and shade advice . I am quite pale n pasty and not keen on bronzers, like the look of the pink quartz ?

thanks
cat :wink:

I have one in the bronze & love it, use it all the time. Great to use as eyeshadow as well.

I'm quite fair and love the Pink Quartz but, have been using the Nectar through the summer has a little more colour and is quite flattering. Love the shimmerbricks would advise getting the brush designed for it (the blender brush) makes application a breeze!

I love Shimmer Bricks and I love the Pink Quartz one!!!! :happy:

I have both the pink quartz and the rose. The pink quartz is more subtle in terms of colour. The blender brush does make the application easier.

I have the bronze one and never use it. It doesn't seem to give much colour only sheen.

However, I don't have the BB brush and have instead have applied it using both my Halo brush (19) and BE Flawless face brush. Maybe I need to invest in the blender brush?

I agree Miss QVC, I'd use other products to add colour otherwise you'd end up looking like the Tin Man or AY on a heavy-handed day! That said if used lightly they add a beautiful subtle shimmer.

I just use any old brush.

Jude xx

I started with the Pink Quartz and loved it - got the bronze for summer but I am quite tanned. I use a big Smashbox blusher/face brush with mine. Less is more though!

I also found that when I went to the Bobbi Brown counter and had a sample foundation done - the assistant showed me how to use the shimmer brick on top without ending up too shiny. You might be best to go as ask for advice - the girls on counter are lovely and very helpful.

I bought the Rose last year & it was too much for my pale skin,gave it to my dd & she loved it.

Recently bought the Pink Quartz & it's perfect,colour is softer & more subtle than the Rose.

I used to own the bronze,peach and rose then gave them away. I prefer Smashbox Softlights, not as much shimmer and depending on which one more colour.

Shimmerbrick is really a highlighting product, you can use individual colours from the palettes as eyeshadows. But it can give the tin man look quite easily trouble is people don't notice this themselves. Look at Alison Young, remember a light hand. Shimmerbrick just won an award on beaute.ie(voted by the public) as best highlighter. Oh and there is also a reason by they never demo it on QVC on old models if you notice.

I do own the blender brush, got mine when much cheaper when the first Shimmerbrick was brought out cost £19 back then. I use it mainly for blending down blush if I think I have been too heavy handed.

Superdrug have a shimmer brick which looks the same as the BB one. It's about £6.99, so it may be worth checking that out to see the colours?

I have the rose one and rarely use it.I find it looks very "shiny and sheeny" on my face.In all honesty when I look back,I followed the BB guest and AY advice - but I never wear pink - I'm more of a brown person - so I should have gone for the bronze tones.

I did wear it on holiday with a deep tan,which was better.

Latest posts

Back