BB Cream?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
I don't wear make up, unless I am going out somewhere. I don't like the feeling of a face full of slap and I saw this BB cream being talked about, and wondered if it might be a good choice for me, what do you think? I'm getting on for 60 and feeling like I ought to make a bit more effort with my appearance. Any recommendations? There seem to be loads on the market.
I'm fair skinned with a bit of roseacea round the nose & cheeks.

To be honest the western version are merely tinted moisturiser , so not any really coverage for roseacea and little spf.

You might as well buy a normal tinted moisturiser.

The Korean versions are thicker and more foundation like, with a proper spf35 up.

I like the Clinique CC cream which gives a light coverage - sometimes I put a bit of Bare Minerals over the top. If you go and ask at a store counter they will give you a little pot to test for a few days so you make sure it matches and doesn't disagree with your skin.

Marks also do one in their own Formula range. The range comes in various skin types, I can use the sensitive range and I have big big problems with beauty products. There is a couple of choices.

I would say that when you go to buy have a good look at the assistant matching your colour. If you feel her own colour is a good match to your eyes go ahead if not try another store.

I use Clinique and my local Boots Clinique counter assistant is a total mess. Very very dark and troweled on. For years she has insisted I use a shade which I know is not right so I won't buy there.

I like the Judith Williams magic makeup. Even though it looks dark until rubbed in, it does match my fair skin

I am almost 60 and I like the Garner B B cream for everyday ,I have fair skin and freakles and although it does not cover them it does tone them down, I have light and the medium shades and I mix them together as the light is sometimes too pale on its own and the medium too orange I do find I need a translusant powder on top though to set it as for me it is a bit oily
Nivea five in one B B cream is more Matt ,covers more but still looks less like your wearing a heavy foundation
For a little more cover with a dewy finish with out the full make up look, I use bourjois healthy mix serum gel foundation

The link in your original post P-a-L is a Korean brand Skin 79 but I haven't tired it. I have used Missha and I'd say the Korean BBs give excellent coverage; I'd be happy to send you a sample to try (just PM me). By comparison the western "bb" named products are closer to tinted moisturisers.
I buy Missha from a Korean ebayer; but notice Beautybay have a small selection: here I don't know what the colours are like, I've only tried no21 and 23. I've since switched to Doll10 Foundation drops which give good coverage, but will always use the Missha BB on holiday because it has high SPF and in the past I've "sunbathed" in this and got no colour, not even a freckle on my face (but no blocked pores or spots either).

I have used the Misha, and they do a pink toned beige range so yes will work perfectly on Western Skin.

The spf on some mentioned 15 are just a joke, sorry but you need at least 20-25 in winter alone these days. Especially with any form of roseaca(my GP told me to wear high spf all year to stop breakouts), so I have followed this ever since.

This brand is a mix of Korean and Western

http://uk.spacenk.com/en_GB/brands/e/erborian/?par=SPUK101.

I did get a free tube, but it was the wrong colour for me, people kept telling me I look pale so gave away.

Thanks for all the replies, I had a chat with my neighbour, she works for L'Oreal and is getting me some samples to try.

Latest posts

Back