BareMinerals colours & QVC website

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
This looks a good TSV, unfortunately I have used the foundation in Bare Satin and love the brush but I can't get a colour match, it is just too yellow for me ( like most of the US foundations).
Has anyone noticed on the new QVC website when you hover over the 'spots' giving the colour names that a little picture of the entire collection comes up & obscures the colour name.Am I doing something wrong?

If you click on the colour choice and move your mouse away you can read the colour name. Every new version of the website seems more buggy than the last!

It depends what type of computer you are using, tablet, laptop, pc etc.....and what browser, I don't get wee picture coming up when I use tablet with Chrome but do on pc with Firefox.

On my iPad, left to right, almond, beige, Ivory, latte, linen, natural, porcelain, sand, satin, walnut.

One of the web-team did manage to learn the alphabet and so options tend to be listed in alphabetical order, rather in more logical shade order.

Thank you Akimbo I`ve been swearing at my laptop since last week when they changed my version of the web site I hate this `new` version ..you get a video playing whether you want it or not I use chrome on my laptop

One of the web-team did manage to learn the alphabet and so options tend to be listed in alphabetical order, rather in more logical shade order.

What an idiotic thing to do! if they want to do that, they should get their brands to name their foundations from lightest to darkest by going from A through to Z.

Of course the choices offered are frustratingly short of the mark, and unlike the shade chart descriptions on screen they don't tell you whether the shade is cool, neutral or warm... information which alluding to zelebrities does not alleviate.

I find it impossible to select a shade from the Q descriptions online and during presentations. I hate it when they say "like Nicole Kidman" or even "like Alison Young". I have absolutely no idea how my skin colour compares to theirs as I have never stood near them. And the colour swatch on a computer may bear no resemblance whatsoever to how it looks out of the bottle. I have gone for the TSV but there's a strong possibility it will turn out to be the wrong colour for me, which means I'll have to cancel the AD because they won't let you swap for some annoying reason - they shoot themselves in the foot there as they could easily change what you are going to get in three flipping months' time!

Latest posts

Back