Bare Escentuals TSV 14/3/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The hydrating mineral veil looks different to the regular stuff.

It has a sheen like mother- of -pearl to it. Similar to Prescriptives Magic Powder.

I'm not keen on it as an all over powder - gives me a very shiny nose!

Thank you for the information Beauty Junkie. I don't know whether to try this or not. I like the foundation but I have very dry skin and worry about putting lots of powder products on in case they age me.

Its on facebook! I wouldn't have a clue otherwise!! Wish I could be one of those super sleuths that find out the TSV info early!! lol!!

there is a bare esscentials one time only on the qvc web site, its for a palette of 5 lip colours, approx £18, but i don't know how to do the link - sorry...

saw an amazing kit in my local debenhams yesterday was a turquoise eyeshadow a blusher an eyeliner and a sugarcookie gloss in a gorgeous turquoise bag only £21 on offer resisted but now really want it lol

a perfect kit for the tan onwards would be tinted mineral veil as it is quite a lot warmer than mineral veil,warm radiance and honey bisque are also aproppriate the other radiances are a little silver glittery and are a little too cool.

well rested is a nice eye colour.

saw an amazing kit in my local debenhams yesterday was a turquoise eyeshadow a blusher an eyeliner and a sugarcookie gloss in a gorgeous turquoise bag only £21 on offer resisted but now really want it lol
went looking for this set today but all our Denemhams had was kits with the foundations in for 45 quid!!

Never mind, hopefully some nice stuff on tonight :tongue:

QVC are capable of doing even worse when selling Bare Escentuals. They claim that the minerals are so pure you can sleep in it. Each time I watch BE shows I cant believe what comes out of their mouths.
The second ingredient and it's also an active ingredient in foundation (and other items) is Bismuth Oxychloride and it doesn't seem to be very safe, I found this article on eBay a couple of years ago, I hope this helps.

Mineral Foundations - READ THIS!!
by: dawnrisingred( 2123)

74 out of 82 people found this guide helpful.

Guide viewed: 789 times Tags: mineral foundation | bare escentuals | sheer cover | jane iredale | powders

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When choosing a brand of mineral foundation and this can be any brand, be sure to check the ingredient listing first. Make sure it does not contain BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, why? This is a potentially harmful chemical, which can cause itching and blotchiness to the skin. Bismuth Oxychloride is a chemical derivative from Asenic, you wouldn't ingest this chemical so why put it on your skin?

If you own Bare Escentuals check the ingredient listing!

Why use Bismuth Oxychloride in cosmetics? This product is well know for its reflective properties which gives the skin an overall so called 'healthy' glow and diffuses lines, wrinkles and is supposed to minimise enlarged pores, in actual fact this actually emphasises lines, wrinkles and make the size of pores look larger! Mica, which is a natural mineral, does exactly the same but is more expensive than Bismuth Oxychloride.

Also check out this link or Google this ingredient http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080114131531AAGVy3F

Bare Escentuals 5 Piece Beautifully Bare Collection with 2 Brushes
Today's Special Value Price £39.48
QVC Price £47.25
Item Number 229897
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.95
Get your complexion looking gorgeous with this Bare Escentuals kit. For instant radiance, you'll receive best-selling and full-sized bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation (8g). You'll also get Prime Time Foundation Primer (15ml) - a first in a Today's Special Value - and the launch of new Hydrating Mineral Veil (1.5g) for the perfect finishing touch. Help to diminish dark under-eye circles with Well Rested Multi Tasking Eye Powder (0.57g) and finish with Bare Radiance All Over Face Powder (0.85g). Includes Handy Buki Brush and new Hydrate and Brighten Brush.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229897

Contains:

* 1x bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation (8g)
* 1x Prime Time Foundation Primer (15ml)
* 1x Hydrating Mineral Veil (1.5g)
* 1x Well Rested Multi Tasking Eye Powder (0.57g)
* 1x Bare Radiance All Over Face Powder (0.85g)
* 1x Handy Buki Brush
* 1x Hydrate and Brighten Brush

bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation

This lightweight formula looks like a powder but buffs on like a silky cream. It has a lockable sifter to prevent any mess, so is perfect for handbags and holidays. Free from preservatives, talc, oil, waxes and fragrance.

Prime Time Foundation Primer

This preservative-free primer creates smoother-feeling skin for foundation application and helps to tackle flakiness, dryness, fine lines and excess oil. Apply before your bareMinerals foundation.

Hydrating Mineral Veil

This provides the perfect finishing touch to your make-up and is infused with water for cooling and hydrating properties. Buff on to gently absorb excess oil and to help reduce the look of fine lines and pores.

Well Rested Multi Tasking Eye Powder

This eye-brightening eyeshadow base helps to minimise the look of dark under-eye circles and shadows for that instant pick-me-up.

Bare Radiance All Over Face Powder

Simply sweep across cheeks, forehead and nose to complete your bareMinerals complexion. Wear over, under or mixed with any bareMinerals face product to create a variety of fresh looks.

Handy Buki Brush

The extended handle on this full, plush brush provides a fast and controlled application for all-over bareMinerals.

Hydrate and Brighten Brush

Use this brush with the Hydrating Mineral Veil (which contains water) as it has anti-bacterial properties.

Latest posts

Back