Bare Escentuals Ready Foundation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apart from the new "ready" one I haven't actually bought a BE brush for ages. The last few I had tended to shed a lot and I was always covered in brissles so I've tended to give em a miss.
Am hoping the new one will behave itself better.

I much prefer synthetic make up brushes. My skin is fairly bombproof but when it flared up the "real" brushes really make it worse so I never buy them. BE synthetic brushes are really good and don't shed much after the first couple of uses.

I've been quite impressed with the brush that comes with BnB.

I got mine from QVC last week and I love it! I wear fairly light in the loose minerals and went for light 170, which is a perfect match for me. I use a small kabuki brush (that came with a genie cream blusher from QVC) and it goes on really well. It gives slightly more coverage than the loose one and is buildable to a full coverage. I found it had great staying power, my skin is oily and foundation likes to slide off my nose, but this stayed on all day. Definitely will repurchase.

And on the subject of Bare Minerals brushes, I can see how the face brushes may seem harsh but they are fine for me and I have never had any shedding. The eye brushes from Bare Minerals are lovely and soft.

I wasn't so sure when I first got this ready foundation, but now I'm starting to warm to it. The coverage is great. I have a freckle under one of my eyebrows (from no sun protection when in Africa years ago) and this powder covers it brilliantly). I also bought the special brush, which is lovely and soft and makes application quick and easy. At first I was a bit heavy handed and it looked very 'cakey' and matt on the skin. Then, I got the right amount of powder, but just placing it in one spot on my face and blending like mad still looked a bit heavy. What finally worked for me, was taking the smallest amount of powder and dabbing it lightly in several areas on my face and then blending. This gives me a dewy natural look instead of looking like I'd just put a mud pack on my face, which is how it looked when I first tried it!

By the way, I used to wear the 'Fair' shade in the loose minerals and I also wear Laura Geller Balance & Brighten in the 'Porcelain' shade. I have pink tones in my milk bottle skin, so I went for the Light 150. It looks a bit dark in the pallett, but matches pretty well once blended on the skin.

I wasn't so sure when I first got this ready foundation, but now I'm starting to warm to it. The coverage is great. I have a freckle under one of my eyebrows (from no sun protection when in Africa years ago) and this powder covers it brilliantly). I also bought the special brush, which is lovely and soft and makes application quick and easy. At first I was a bit heavy handed and it looked very 'cakey' and matt on the skin. Then, I got the right amount of powder, but just placing it in one spot on my face and blending like mad still looked a bit heavy. What finally worked for me, was taking the smallest amount of powder and dabbing it lightly in several areas on my face and then blending. This gives me a dewy natural look instead of looking like I'd just put a mud pack on my face, which is how it looked when I first tried it!

By the way, I used to wear the 'Fair' shade in the loose minerals and I also wear Laura Geller Balance & Brighten in the 'Porcelain' shade. I have pink tones in my milk bottle skin, so I went for the Light 150. It looks a bit dark in the pallett, but matches pretty well once blended on the skin.

Thank you so much for that! I was concerned that it would look powdery, plus it sounds like we have the same skin tone; very very pale with pink tones. I wasn't sure if 150 would be pale enough, but I used Fair in the loose (although it was probably still a smidge too dark) so I think 150 will be fine.

There's a new buffing brush from BE which we saw at the beauty bash (as I too hate the current BE brushes- too scratchy). It was so soft & definitely worth a try? I think it's the 'heavenly face brush' (currently sold out on BE site)

There's a new buffing brush from BE which we saw at the beauty bash (as I too hate the current BE brushes- too scratchy). It was so soft & definitely worth a try? I think it's the 'heavenly face brush' (currently sold out on BE site)

This looks almost identical to the 'Ready Precision Face Brush' they sell to go with the ready foundation. It might be slightly slanted but it is hard to tell from the photos. This is a great brush, one of the best BM brushes. From most of the comments on this thread the ready foundation does go on better with this brush rather than the ones made to be used with loose powder.

Thank you so much for that! I was concerned that it would look powdery, plus it sounds like we have the same skin tone; very very pale with pink tones. I wasn't sure if 150 would be pale enough, but I used Fair in the loose (although it was probably still a smidge too dark) so I think 150 will be fine.

Hi Charlie

If the Fair in the loose minerals is a smidge too dark for you, then I'm thinking you may be even lighter than me. I don't want to put you off, but I'd hate to see you waste your money if it didn't suit. I must admit it's taken me quite a while to get the technique right. It can look powdery if you're not careful. Definitely less is more. I don't know if you have ever tried Laura Geller's B&B in Porcelain? I put the this one and the bM Ready side by side on my inner wrist and the Ready is definitely warmer. It's a pity we don't get all the shades, because it looks as though QVC U.S. has lighter ones to choose from. Good Luck anyway with whatever you decide! :sun:

I am sure BE did a heavenly face brush and a heavenly eye brush many years ago. I think we stocked them.

Any suggestions what shade number to go for if you use med beige in the loose version, med 250 or 270? The reviews on Q dont really help as all recommend different shades,and Selfridges in Brum no li
onger sell BM so cant go for colour matching. Thanks for any help x

Any suggestions what shade number to go for if you use med beige in the loose version, med 250 or 270? The reviews on Q dont really help as all recommend different shades,and Selfridges in Brum no li
onger sell BM so cant go for colour matching. Thanks for any help x

Mine finally arrived and I LOVE IT.

I wear medium beige in the loose and regular in the Laura Geller. I went for med 250 and it seems perfect. From what I could gather, it seemed the 250 is more neutral and the 270 was much more yellow based.

The coverage is excellent and much less of a faff than the loose. You do have to be very careful with application. I used my retractable Ecotools brush from Boots and just pressed it on the surface of the powder. No rubbing in across it or swirling, just a single press. I did this a couple of times to do my whole face. There was no mess and I should imagine it will mean it'll last ages!

I definitely prefer it to the Laura Geller, as I had been thinking it was making me look a bit muddy. Cheaper too!

Hi Charlie

If the Fair in the loose minerals is a smidge too dark for you, then I'm thinking you may be even lighter than me. I don't want to put you off, but I'd hate to see you waste your money if it didn't suit. I must admit it's taken me quite a while to get the technique right. It can look powdery if you're not careful. Definitely less is more. I don't know if you have ever tried Laura Geller's B&B in Porcelain? I put the this one and the bM Ready side by side on my inner wrist and the Ready is definitely warmer. It's a pity we don't get all the shades, because it looks as though QVC U.S. has lighter ones to choose from. Good Luck anyway with whatever you decide! :sun:

Thank you! I think it is going to be too dark for me then. I do have B&B in porcelain but just lately it's not working for me, which is sad because I used to love it and it was so easy to travel with. I saw that the US had more shades than us (grrr) and I did wonder, especially as many of the US reviews on makeupalley had people complaining it was too pale (which always makes me think that it ,might he for me!). I think I will hold out until it is more widely available, it's not like I need any more makeup.........:wink: Thank you for your help :sun:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back