Bare Escentuals Ready Foundation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Be aware though that the colours do not match the loose versions. Quite a few stating this. So you may be a different shade that normal.
Thanks for this, I fancy trying this but not sure what colour I should go for as i use medium beige in the loose foundation, so I will have to watch and decide then,
Thanks

Oh no, iit took me long enough to get the colour match right with the loose powder.

I brought this from Selfridges about 2 months ago and I find it is still too cakey for me have gone back to Laura Mercier compact moisturising tint.
Lynn

Yes the colour choices available on Q will be number based to confuse matters. Lee said if in doubt go darker than you would normally do!

Did anyone go for this from Q? I'm in two minds, mainly because of the stupid colour names plus I'm more a liquid foundation person (well at least for the last year or so). So any advice/reviews greatly appreciated!

I bought it. I'd love to tell you what it's like, but despite it being despatchec on 9th Jan, it hasn't arrived.

Now got to wait for a form to arrive by post, so that I can report it missing.

Stupid system.

Yes I bought it and I like it, but I think you definitely need the correct brush or it overloads on the regular buffing brush.
I started with the buffing brush and it looked far too cakey and flat but then I remembered I had a "buzz cut" brush somewhere and once I had a go with that it looked much better and more natural,giving a medium coverage and a good finish which lasted all day.

I am medium beige in the loose and got the tan 320 which goes on considerably lighter than it looks in the pan.
One the whole I like it but it doesnt wow me sadly!

Cheers all for the heads up. I think I'll stick to what I have. Mally, (mixed with a bit of MAC to get the correct shade as she does fairly paler olive to ooompa loompa orange, no in between), followed by tinted mineral veil. I do occasionally use the loose bare minerals loose foundation in medium tan instead of liquid, very good if my skins having a barney.

I bought mine from Selfridges because I couldn't work out which shade I needed from Q. It was more expensive but I use fair or fairly medium mineral foundation so I went for fairly medium ready and the brush and it seems to be the right shade. I find it gives good coverage and is quick.

I bought mine from ebay US and it's good but the cheapo kabuki brush I used definitely left too much foundation on my face and I ended up looking chalky in a couple of places. I use either Fair or Fairly Light and bought the Fairly Light ready foundation which I believe is 170.

I looked at this in a Sephora when on holiday, but in the end choose the Laura Mercer pressed mineral foundation instead as there was a better shade match for me in that range, plus it came with it's own applicator. However, it is still in its box as I'm still using up my existing BE loose foundation.

Early days for me with this so I'm still perfecting my technique but I think on balance I do prefer it to the loose. Less mess and better coverage. I got terribly stressed trying to choose the right colour and was convinced I'd gone too dark but as long as I'm not too heavy handed with it its fine. You have to know when to stop :grin:

I use Golden Medium in the loose (not stocked by Q) and went for Tan 330 ... pretty good match really. Goes on fine with the Bellapierre Kabuki but I've gone for the BM brush on advance order (of course I have, why wouldn't I?) :cheeky:

Early days for me with this so I'm still perfecting my technique but I think on balance I do prefer it to the loose. Less mess and better coverage. I got terribly stressed trying to choose the right colour and was convinced I'd gone too dark but as long as I'm not too heavy handed with it its fine. You have to know when to stop :grin:

I use Golden Medium in the loose (not stocked by Q) and went for Tan 330 ... pretty good match really. Goes on fine with the Bellapierre Kabuki but I've gone for the BM brush on advance order (of course I have, why wouldn't I?) :cheeky:

What are BE brushes like now? I remember that a lot of them were quite scratchy / abrasive to use.

Latest posts

Back