Bare Escentuals Intro to Bare Beauty Collection with 2 Brushes Try Me Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've recently been using up some Bare Escentuals as I am F.A.R.T.ING and I'm wondering if it is that which is giving me spotty skin. Has anyone else has any problems like this with BE?

Yes it could well be. Be contains Bismuth(sp), which can cause breakouts and allergies. There was a long thread about it the other month.

I'm thinking of trying this. I'm a light Smashbox Halo user ATM, any hints on which colour to go for and whether it's worth it if I'm already using Halo?

Just wondered if anyone has this set yet and what their opinion of it is. I've never worn a liquid foundation as I hate that over made up look but am tempted to try this. Not sure whether to go for Fairly Light or Medium though. :confused:

Just wondered if anyone has this set yet and what their opinion of it is. I've never worn a liquid foundation as I hate that over made up look but am tempted to try this. Not sure whether to go for Fairly Light or Medium though. :confused:

My mum has bought this for my sister as she uses BE. Sis is very pale and uses fairly light. You should go to Debenhams in Silverburn or Frasers in town and get them to tell you which colour you are and then make a excuse and go and order from QVC!! :laughing:

Christmas is the perfect excuse: ask them to write down what they recommend (or used if you had make up session) so that your Hubby/boyfriend/Great Aunt Gertie or whoever can come in a buy it for your as a pressie!

The weird thing I've found since I went from blonde to brunette is that the Medium (cooler shade) looks better than the Light I wore as a blonde. That said, I have always been able to wear Fair (which QVC don't stock and deny all knowledge of) and Fairly light as well and still can. The secret is less is more and buff buff buffity buff, which probably accounts for my being able to wear a range of foundation shades without looking weird.

Jude xx

I have been using BE in medium beige in the summer months for sometime now and it is fine. It will irritate my skin a bit if I dont put on my sunscreen first so make sure you patch test first.
I to can easily be heavy handed in my application so I always tip a wee bit into
the upturned lid and make sure I Swish and Tap on the edge before applying, otherwise
disaster!!! It really does last all day and it looks so natural.
Now I have lost my summer colour I am back on the Halo and use the same sort of
technique. These are both fab natural looking foundations. It looks so natural that I
had a hard job convincing a couple of mates that I did have any on. They both
steer clear of wearing foundation as they think they will not look natural and too
made up.

I have an old previous try me set in the light shade
My daughter has had a play but the light shade is much to yellow for her skin.
I've seen that there's a fair and fairly light.
How do the shades go ?

:confused:

I've got this coming in the medium beige.....I hope it's the right shade!!:confused:

I went for that one coz they said it's the most popular and whilst I am not porcelain I thought the light maybe too ghostly for me.

Oooh 'eck......I hope I don't have the american tan tights look on me fizzog!!:D

Hiya Bags,

The palest shade is fairly light (they recommend this for Alison Young type porcelain skin) next shade is light (SJ uses this one, and is meant to have more 'golden tones' but still for fair skin) perhaps explains why your daughter found light too yellow?

I have never tried bare minerals but my try me kit in fairly light has just arrived. I am extremely fair with freckles and pink undertones, typical celtic/redhead complexion, except I have dark hair lol. Will report back on the kit when I've tried it later.

Latest posts

Back