Ban Basso - we can but try!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Sunday 14 August - the 50 hour fashion extravaganza - sees the long un-awaited return of the butcher of Basso. This excruciatingly narcissistic and ignominious excuse for a man needs to be removed from our tv screens forthwith. We all know by now what he trades in and how he obtains it, so I won't regurgitate it all - it is so sick, I cannot comprehend how this sloth of an individual can warrant making money out of the murder of innocent animals. We need to continue to remind QVC of the displeasure and disappointment of the majority of viewers at their persistence in maintaining a commercial relationship with him.
I shall certainly be emailing QVC Customer Services - again!

I don't see any calls for banning Kings Realm or Lulu Guinness. The fur trade is cruel but the meat and leather trade isn't pretty either.

I wouldn't buy a fur coat but I eat meat and I buy leather and suede. But I won't campaign to ban Basso no more than I would campaign to ban my local butcher.

i look forward to all of the ST.com vegetarians and vegans supporting you.

anyone else? hypocrites.

Surely you don't mean the vegetarians and vegans, but the meat eating, leather wearing people like me who happen to hate the idea of skinning an animal JUST to make a crappy item of clothing!

Yes, I said it:happy:

i look forward to all of the ST.com vegetarians and vegans supporting you.

anyone else? hypocrites.

Yep me, a meat eating, leather wearing hypocrite who hates the idea of an animal being skinned JUST for the sake of a crappy item of clothing!

Sunday 14 August - the 50 hour fashion extravaganza - sees the long un-awaited return of the butcher of Basso. This excruciatingly narcissistic and ignominious excuse for a man needs to be removed from our tv screens forthwith. We all know by now what he trades in and how he obtains it, so I won't regurgitate it all - it is so sick, I cannot comprehend how this sloth of an individual can warrant making money out of the murder of innocent animals. We need to continue to remind QVC of the displeasure and disappointment of the majority of viewers at their persistence in maintaining a commercial relationship with him.
I shall certainly be emailing QVC Customer Services - again!
Louise66 don't want you to go through the whole thing again,but is there a link to some information so i can see for myself thanks

Irrespective about any personal feelings relating to fur, meat eating or wearing leather shoes - couldn't we just get him banned anyway because he's gross, arrogant, annoying and patronising? :bandit:

The only way QVC would ditch Basso would be if nobody bought anything and that's not going to happen. A lot of people like his fashion and the great majority of QVC customers are, unfortunately, not aware of his barbaric involvement in the fur trade.

QVC don't seem to give a damn about his unethical practices..and anybody who thinks they aren't unethical ,research the bloke and find out for yourselves what an effing pig this guy is..and I'm not a vegetarian .I just abhore people who rear and skin animals to make clothing.
Obviously I don't watch him,but I know who and what he is and am aware of him.
QVC disgust me because they bring him on to sell his fake furs..as if to deny what ELSE he does.Not a ****** mention of his other line of clothing.That makes QVC dishonest in my book.

Exactly, I totally agree with you Ryan, it's as if he's an angel or something, and totally innocent, ie selling fake fur cos, you know, real fur is so out of the question.

still waiting for a reason why my post was deleted. especially given that its been quoted a couple of times so people can see what i said anyway. seriously this is the only forum ive known where you can get something deleted without any indication as to why. if there has been some sort of transgression then i expect to be told what it was, in order that i dont re-offend. ive mentioned to the mods before and last time was told (if i remember rightly) they were "too busy to PM me". whats the reason this time?

annoyed.

still waiting for a reason why my post was deleted. especially given that its been quoted a couple of times so people can see what i said anyway. seriously this is the only forum ive known where you can get something deleted without any indication as to why. if there has been some sort of transgression then i expect to be told what it was, in order that i dont re-offend. ive mentioned to the mods before and last time was told (if i remember rightly) they were "too busy to PM me". whats the reason this time?

annoyed.

BB I don't think there was a problem with what you said. It was a problem with the forum , about 20 posts were deleted. Mine was also deleted.
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?29783-Outage-Date-Issue-9th-August-2011
Graham posted about it in the ShoppingTelly.com Service Status part of the forum.

Latest posts

Back