AY's hair on Tarte 8pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
I think she's dunked her head in her Color Wow compact.

As the Resident Beauty Expert/Make-up Artist, shouldn't she be able to use the products she's selling properly? She's way past having her roots and a trim being needed. Color Wow is handy to a point, but then it just makes things worse.

I was having a wander around the DHS earlier and noticed how well put together the make-up girls look these days. Even OH agreed they're more professional and not as scarily over-done these days. A lot more approachable than when I was younger and would have appreciated some tips!

I think she's dunked her head in her Color Wow compact.

As the Resident Beauty Expert/Make-up Artist, shouldn't she be able to use the products she's selling properly? She's way past having her roots and a trim being needed. Color Wow is handy to a point, but then it just makes things worse.

I was having a wander around the DHS earlier and noticed how well put together the make-up girls look these days. Even OH agreed they're more professional and not as scarily over-done these days. A lot more approachable than when I was younger and would have appreciated some tips!

Dark roots are acceptable these days. I think they call it Ombre so Ali is 'bang on trend'

Somehow I don't think that is the look she is trying to (or not to) achieve. For a start nothing else in her look, makeup, clothes, glasses etc are trendy enough to pull it off.

IMO it's just pre hair colouring appointment look.

Dark roots are acceptable these days. I think they call it Ombre so Ali is 'bang on trend'
They can call it whatever they like but to me it still looks a bluddy mess and AY has never been trendy as long as she's been on Q. IMO.

I see your point and like a well-done ombre, but dull, dusty looking roots? Not really a good look on her.

The 'bang on trend' term that's so often trotted out at Q completely baffles me as their presenters are so far from being modern and fashionable they may as well be broadcasting from Mars. AY does occasionally make a stab at keeping up with trends by dropping in the odd term - I heard her mention tight-lining being a 'new' trend last summer. Serious make-up artists have been tight-lining for years. I was taught how to do it in 2003 by a Trish McEvoy artist and I'm not exactly fashion pack material.

I'm watching the Decleor launch now and nearly fell off my chair laughing as she's just told viewers to always keep their hair shiny!

That is not the ombre look! The second tone part would need to be at least 4 or 5 inches lower. She needs her roots done and the need done NOW!!!!! The fact she used the same hairdresser for years(I remember she comes to AY's home to do her hair), no doubt means the woman is busy elsewhere.

I do wish she would ditch that awful shapeless gold sack dress. Does nothing for her.

I do like Ali, but imo she is not ageing very well, she gets more dowdy looking by the day. That dress isn't doing a lot for her....

AY is going to be the Joan Collins of QVC. When she`s 80 she`ll still be wearing shiny frocks, shiny wigs, shiny face and trotting out skincare and makeup info from the good old days. Look at Joanie and you`ve seen the future Ms Young. She`ll work until they carry her out in an oversized tsv box and she`s already begun showing signs of the haughtiness, impatience and comedic styling of many a grand Dame such as JC, Dame Edna, Christopher Biggins and Danny La Rue and with roots a la Lily Savage !

I see your point and like a well-done ombre, but dull, dusty looking roots? Not really a good look on her.

The 'bang on trend' term that's so often trotted out at Q completely baffles me as their presenters are so far from being modern and fashionable they may as well be broadcasting from Mars. AY does occasionally make a stab at keeping up with trends by dropping in the odd term - I heard her mention tight-lining being a 'new' trend last summer. Serious make-up artists have been tight-lining for years. I was taught how to do it in 2003 by a Trish McEvoy artist and I'm not exactly fashion pack material.

I'm watching the Decleor launch now and nearly fell off my chair laughing as she's just told viewers to always keep their hair shiny!

:mysmilie_13: :mysmilie_19:

I know which is why I said it!!:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

I don't know about the hair but crikey, that awful tin man look metallic top she had on was shocking. What on earth was she thinking?

AY is going to be the Joan Collins of QVC. When she`s 80 she`ll still be wearing shiny frocks, shiny wigs, shiny face and trotting out skincare and makeup info from the good old days. Look at Joanie and you`ve seen the future Ms Young. She`ll work until they carry her out in an oversized tsv box and she`s already begun showing signs of the haughtiness, impatience and comedic styling of many a grand Dame such as JC, Dame Edna, Christopher Biggins and Danny La Rue and with roots a la Lily Savage !

Fast forward to "In the Salon with Dame Alison"...

Attachments

• Barbara-Cartland.jpg
    Barbara-Cartland.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 138

'Bang on Trend' my ****!! LOL!!!
Roots showing are never trendy but I do feel for women if they haven't had time or have been ill to do their hair. Much more important things in life. Saw Ali, she obviously hasn't had time is my guess :mysmilie_48:

'Bang on Trend' my ****!! LOL!!!
Roots showing are never trendy . . . .

Actually they are. All the young women I work with have their roots just like this at the moment, and they tell me it's absolutely on trend. The natural blondes are even having their roots died dark, and the red carpets are full of celebs with dark roots. Google "dark roots blonde hair trend" and see.

I'm more concerned with the fact that Ali seems to be following Jill Franks in growing out her fringe. I think that's the real reason her hair looked not very nice on the Tarte show. I don't think her roots look like roots now... this is definitely the reverse ombre thing that's been seen more and more. Whether it suits her or not, I'm glad it means her hair isn't as aggressively blonde as it's been in the past. As many of us have noticed, it doesn't really suit her when it's that bright blonde these days. I did also notice that she'd managed to overdo the highlighter/strobing again with Tarte. I bet their makeup artist didn't do that to her... And with the close curtain of hair with the fringe swept out to either side, the shine on the cheekbones looked entirely inappropriate. I wonder if this shine was a Tarte product, or she snuck in a little of her favourite shimmerbrick?

Latest posts

Back