AY talking nonsense again...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
I recorded one of the Essence of Beauty shows from the other day and watched it this morning. She's talking about some Alpha H eye cream causing her dark circles to PEEL OFF???!! Firstly, dark circles are rarely caused by darkened skin, it's usually blood vessels close to the thin skin under the eyes. But either way I really don't think any eye cream (unless it's made of caustic soda) could have the effect of making your dark circles peel away!! She is, I'm afraid, talking pure sh!te as usual. And what was better she said her dark circles were caused by congestion under her skin (which is gross to begin with) but also she hadn't realised that's what it was until they peeled off. Really? A beauty expert 'qualified in all areas of beauty since the dawn of time and more qualified than anyone else in the known universe' didn't know what was causing her own dark circles? Literally?!

Honestly, I know it shouldn't wind me up this much but it eats my lunch that she claims to be such an expert and really she's a snake oil merchant, nothing more....grrrrr....

Tx

Yeah, I heard her say that her dark circles peeled off :grin: it was a little worrying, perhaps Simon had slipped something into her morning coffee. Bless her she does talk through her bum sometimes.:wink:

I heard this too! Odd, as I was only thinking about the comment she made the other day when I was looking in the mirror and bemoaning my awful dark circles. How the bum tiddly heck can a little tube of cream or seeeeeeerum make something that's underneath your skin peel off? Methinks she's telling porkies and it's actually years and years worth of eye make up that Gatineau Floracil has failed to remove peeling off... :wink:

I didn't hear what AY said but I guess what she was maybe trying to say is that the Alpha H eye gel has a mild exfoliating/peeling action which can help to improve the appearance of the eye 'area' - which is what Michelle from Alpha H says and is stated on the Alpha H website.

I have got this eye gel and it is very good for fine lines and puffiness - I am very lucky that I don't suffer with dark circles though so can't comment on whether it makes them peel off or not....:wonder:

stupid woman she should be careful can be done under trade descriptions lol shouldn't say it does something if it don't

AY has the worst dark circles I've seen in a long time so whatever she's using it doesn't work!

You haven't seen mine! I look like I've been punched mid-hayfever season. Given up trying to disguise them cos it usually ends up looking worse.

I think the idea of an exfoliating eye cream 'peeling-off' dark circles absurd - it must have been AY on selling overdrive; 'stimulating blood flow to help them go away' would have been a more logical sounding sales patter. I'd rather work with a light-reflecting concealer for dark circles - personally, don't like the thought of an exfoliating eye cream anywhere near my eyes no matter how 'gentle' it is - not for a dark circle problem anyway; I could see it's being used to exfoliate crepy skin or milea around the eye area: those things would merit a 'peeling-off' sales pitch! Get it together Alison, or you'll soon be out of a job courtesy of moi lol lol!!!

Snake Oil saleswoman, I laughed at that, she'd give it a good go.......

"Now here's your actual literal oil d'adder, it will slough off dead skin just like your actual literal snake, Cheryl Cole uses this oh yes she does, so does Jennifer Lopez and all the Pussycat Dolls, makes you smooth, shiny and slender just like a snake" and on and on iin a hectoring manner til you wish a boa constictor would have her for its tea.

I do think dark circles are hard to shift and understand they are blood under the surface of the skin showing through possibly becaue the skin is so thin and I think becuase you can get a build up in that area. Hey might as well put my two penneth in as i'm no expert either lol

I think the eye area can look darker because of congested sinuses, illness and genrally being tired or under the weather. i'm pretty sure if you have other health related issues itcn reflect in your eyes and make them look dark and puffy or in my case a bit dark and wrinkly :(

I'm sure AY has said before on an alpha h show that the eye complex made the area look brighter and she felt that the exfoliating action had removed some of the darkness that was on the surface of her skin and not just in the skin under her eyes as she thought! that being said if its so wonderful she would continue using it and i'm sure she doesn't.

You haven't seen mine! I look like I've been punched mid-hayfever season. Given up trying to disguise them cos it usually ends up looking worse.

Aw Cupcake, I'm sure your dark circles aren't as bad as you think. I've realized too that the more we try to disguise things the more we draw attention to them. It's a pity AY hasn't realized this yet!:thinking:

I do think dark circles are hard to shift and understand they are blood under the surface of the skin showing through possibly becaue the skin is so thin and I think becuase you can get a build up in that area. Hey might as well put my two penneth in as i'm no expert either lol

I think the eye area can look darker because of congested sinuses, illness and genrally being tired or under the weather. i'm pretty sure if you have other health related issues itcn reflect in your eyes and make them look dark and puffy or in my case a bit dark and wrinkly :(

I'm sure AY has said before on an alpha h show that the eye complex made the area look brighter and she felt that the exfoliating action had removed some of the darkness that was on the surface of her skin and not just in the skin under her eyes as she thought! that being said if its so wonderful she would continue using it and i'm sure she doesn't.

I just can't understand why she'd have dark circles due to congestion in the first place if she's such a ****** expert! And she's saying they've improved all the while looking very much like she always does...hmmm...

I too have very bad dark circles and have been using Origins Ginzing(?) cream after being told by AY that it would work. It is a very nice product to use and lasts ages but it has done nothing for the darkness. I am now working my way through high street concealers instead. I looked at my Dad the other day and realised that's where I get it from therefore no cream is going to help me, is it?

I 've not managed to find a concealer that didn't look obvious - or go patchy as the day wore on (making them look even worse!) Pickles. The only things that seems to lighten them slightly are Korres Evening Primrose and the Liz Earle eye creams ... as they are both contain a mineral sunscreen

The LE one made me look worse! It sat on my skin looking all white and stripey!!!! No amount of 'patting' would make it go in LOL.

i use YSL touche eclat and it is best under eye concealer I have tried as it is not cakey and gives good coverage

I have given up on trying to get rid of them have come to the conclusion I am stuck with them, I am 35 and have had them for as long as I can remember sonow just hope the eye cream keeps the wrinkles away

OK - so she's on with Alpha H eye product at the mo and has just done the 'my dark eye circles literally peeled off' routine again. I am finding this so hard to believe.

Today she was putting the dark circles down to 'ingrained eye make up'.

So she works at QVC with supposedly some of the best eye make up products and removers, such as the much feted Gatineau Florical, but either she's commiting the cardinal sin of not removing her eye make up properly, or the products she's using to take it off are just patently rubbish...otherwise why would it become so ingrained into your skin that it then takes an eye cream to peel it off? Argh! This is making me angry. In the words of Victoria Wood I'm actually hurting under my bra I'm so angry! :wink: She will say ANYTHING to flog a product...

That crazy woman is going to be responsible for someone ending up permanently scarred or something with her "advice". She seems to disregard the fact that some of the more potent formulas need to be used with caution and it may not be ok to use them with certain other products. Of course my personal daemon salicylic acid is never mentioned as being in the products, it's a common allergy, but since they don't tell I don't buy.

OK - so she's on with Alpha H eye product at the mo and has just done the 'my dark eye circles literally peeled off' routine again. I am finding this so hard to believe.

Today she was putting the dark circles down to 'ingrained eye make up'.

So she works at QVC with supposedly some of the best eye make up products and removers, such as the much feted Gatineau Florical, but either she's commiting the cardinal sin of not removing her eye make up properly, or the products she's using to take it off are just patently rubbish...otherwise why would it become so ingrained into your skin that it then takes an eye cream to peel it off? Argh! This is making me angry. In the words of Victoria Wood I'm actually hurting under my bra I'm so angry! :wink: She will say ANYTHING to flog a product...

:mysmilie_497:

I heard what she said on the 1pm show and thought what a load of old tosh! So I decided to check out the ingreedjundts (which of course are potent and advanced for you) and found no exfoliant in it. This I am pleased about as the skin around the eyes is thin and delicate and if there was it would have to be at a very very low concentration.

Dark circles can be hereditary so nothing is going to remove them.

In the actual Eye Complex are literally the following ingreedjundts for you:

Acetyl Tetrapeptide-5 - to help with puffiness
Dextran Sulfate - reduces inflammation/redness
Hydraluronic Acid - for hydration
Hibiscus Flower extract - antioxidant
Beech Tree Extract - improves moisture level minimising wrinkle depth
Olive Leaf Extract - antibacterial/antiviral (guessing used as a preservative)
Cucumber Extract - skin softening, cooling, tightening
Allantoin - soothes irritated skin
Panthenol - B vitamin for wound healing, strengthening the skin
Serum Albium - protein that dries to form a tightening film over the wrinkles
(Hmm egg white!) THIS is the cause of AY peeling eyes! :doh:

According to Alpha-H website - 'Appearance of dark circles and puffiness reduced'

This is due to light being reflected and nothing to do with dark circles being 'peeled away'.

Her 'advice' if you can call it that, is a load of old nonsense and I stopped listening a long time ago as it really does wind me up when she comes out with stuff like this to get sales.
Myself with 12 years in the beauty industry, makeup artistry, aromatherapy, shopping expert, bus conductor and qualified in all areas of road building, brick and cement laying for you I was never taught such actual silly twaddle literally. :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back