AY Lying Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
Just watching the Beauty Outlet and AY said that you can't buy Clientele anywhere else in the UK. Well, I must have imagined that I stocked up on my favourites via Clientele's UK website. Service was amazing too - they called me back to confirm my order and I received it the next day. Good prices too, freebies and low P&P.

I use Clientele and I'm fairly certain I don't get it from QVC. We must be suffering some form of shared delusion!! :wink:

There is a stall on Bury (Lancashire) market that stocks the whole range, at a fraction of the price of QVC.

I would mail CS and let them know. I got a real bug up my ar@e about AY claiming you couldn't get Smashbox anywhere else when it was widely available in Debenhams and of course on JBD. Eventually after pestering them they admitted she was wrong to do this and on the following shows she started saying it had 'limited availability'. Still not true as I'm pretty sure anyone can order online (haha!) but more truthful than what she had been saying. Given how tightly regulated they supposedly are they really do LIE quite a lot of the time...

I've noticed recently that she's started saying "not officially available in the UK". Obviously trying to cover herself but untrue nevertheless.

She did the same with Smashbox for a long time. Even though Just Beauty Direct was an offical seller online, AY kept insisting QVC the only retailer. Then it went into many Debenhams store and still AY kept insisting QVC the only seller. I know st.com members contacted CS about AY and her statements, but she kept right on for a long time after.

I swear by Clientele neck cream, but admit get mine on ebay. Oh, maybe QVC are really ebay??:tongue:

What annoyed me about this particular show was the fact that the guest agreed with AY, then went on to say that she sells the range in her salon. The salon is in Wales which, when I last checked, is in the UK. It's about time that QVC employed fact checkers to stop the many inaccuracies and outright lies in many of their shows. We might be able to see through it but there are many people out there who are gullible enough to lap it up.

This bugs me too. I rarely buy from QVC now, I either use eBay or other websites. And not only the fact you can but the fact that it's all so much cheaper everywhere else. I bought Gatineau Age Benefit serum for about half QVC's price and LE skin tonic duo for about the same discount. They keep on about their buying power but I can no longer afford their prices. What is happening to all that mark up? I wonder if they say this to stop less "online savvy" shoppers from looking around by making them think there wouldn't be anything out there.

She often talks a load of b*ll*cks :thinking: Her comparisons with the prices charged for items in supermarkets or chemists are usually vastly exagerated. :talking: Time the old nag was put out to grass.

Last edited:
I wonder if they say this to stop less "online savvy" shoppers from looking around by making them think there wouldn't be anything out there.

Some of the T callers haven't even heard of the internet, let alone have a clue how to use it. How often has the presenter said "don't hang up, stay on the line and ..... will help you". It really irritates me when Liz Earle stuff sells out and she says "oh no", knowing full well that you can just order from her website and there's shed loads of it (with less P&P and freebies). And while I'm having a rant, why the hell does she (or her side kick) bring numerous magazines with them just to prove they get mentioned. If the products are so good, they'll speak for themselves.

Latest posts

Back