aspect ratio

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie

Registered Shopper
scuse me barging in from the (qvc) room next door and apologies if this has been mentioned a million times before but........is there something wrong with the aspect ratio on ideal world? is it my tv? do i need to alter something? is everyone on there short and wide?? i hardly ever watch because i can't cope with a whole show on one item but look in at the fashion occasionally. everytime i do, the screen looks like it's been squashed. only happens on this channel.

IW & C & C broadcast in 4:3, anyone's guess if they'll ever go widescreen.

thanks for that jan - so i need to go into the tv controls and adjust just for that one channel?? blimey......whouda thunk.....

The other channels will all be in HD before IW will go widescreen! Even the Cartoon Network has gone widescreen now so IW take note!

PJ

Daft isn't it Janie, I don't bother, got used to C & C showing 12 x 12 pages that look 15 x 12, LOL.

certainly is jan. i can't be bothered with that faff - finding the other remote, then remembering what to do. on the odd occasion i watch IW now, they're gonna remain short and fat. at least i know why ;) (don't think it does much for the fashion sales for the unaware - wear this and you'll look big as a house). thanks guys.

I did once ask C & C on their FB page, got no response at all, wasn't surprised.

Most modern TVs can be set to display a 4:3 ratio programme with black bars at the edges so that it can display correctly. If it's stretching the IW picture to fit then your TV will be setup to do that.

Latest posts

Back