Article ABout QVC Cutting Down On Returns

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have had 3 missed calls from Q cover the last 48 hours one at 10.30pm well after I had gone to bed, are they going to ask me why I have a 50% returns rate.?
They have only let one message asking me to call them at my earliest convenience. I will be waiting for them to call me back as as far as I am concerned I have done nothing wrong.
Sorry Q you are really pi$$ing me off right now, in fact I haven't watched a single show since before Christmas and I have been with them from almost the first show and would wait up to what the TSV was before bed almost every evening, but that was when the TSV's really where bargains and worth waiting up for.

It may not be about returns rate, they called me once because of an Easy Pay query when the bank sent me a replacement card.

Well my blood would be well and truly up if I were you, madmax, so I would be on the phone ready to go nuts! But that may just be a weakness in my temperament, I realise. In fact I was on the phone today with a friend who was talking about Q and I mentioned your saga and she said well surely they would never count such instances against you....... Looks like she may be wrong so do keep us posted with how you get on.

I have had 3 missed calls from Q cover the last 48 hours

Could you tell me, when they qvc cover call you, is it from the same usual qvc number or some other number?

Most of the recorded "your item has been refunded" messages aren't recognised by my phone's caller ID; they're either "number withheld" or show as an international number for some reason. It's not the 0800 CS or orderline numbers.

The phone calls I have had have been from the normal 0800514131 number. due to my ongoing memory loss problems I no longer answer the phone if I am going to have to commit to anything as I keep on forgetting what I have agreed to .
So if it is really important they are going to have to write to me.

for such a great retailer qvc need to up the game on the quality of products. I buy from good high street shops and find that qvc products don't live up to the hype

Not to mention their postage and item costs. I've just bought a Kipling bag on amazon much cheaper than QVC, free postage, in the colour I want. It's my last Kipling bag ever and to justify it to OH have said it can be an advance birthday present and I will sell other bags to make room and pay for it.

Not to mention their postage and item costs. I've just bought a Kipling bag on amazon much cheaper than QVC, free postage, in the colour I want. It's my last Kipling bag ever and to justify it to OH have said it can be an advance birthday present and I will sell other bags to make room and pay for it.

Ooh which bag did you get? :) Bought a frightening amount of Kipling in the last 2 months due to amazon's amazing prices.

Kipling Gabbie in the port red, thanks to posters here who described it. Kipling usual price £55 plus p&p, I paid just over £45 and NO P&P! It's the modern version of the Europa which I love and am dying to get it. I wish amazon would do something like put their prices up to stop suckers like me from spending my money!

Does anyone else get phone calls at ridiculous hours? I mean out of office hours. I do sometimes.

Well I've retruned 50% of my purchases (2/4) for the christmas period so I must be getting near the mark and wonder if I will get the letter, both electrical items just didn't live up to expectations and I half hoped they would break so there was a good reason to return them but I am honest and have paid return postage etc. I've been with them for nearly 20 years and don't purchase a hell a lot of stuff but I reckon through this time have spent thousands with them. If my account does get closed I will miss them but it's their loss.

When is a quibble not a quibble?

The thing is, QVC don't publish what time period is measured or whether this only applies to high volume purchasers. I suspect 2 out of 4 items over a couple of months doesn't ring any alarm bells, whereas 21 out of 40 in a 3, 6 or 12 month period might. Who knows? Similarly is the return rate flagged if it averages > 50% in a calendar year (Jan to Dec) or in a rolling 12 month period? Whatever secret formula they use, they can move the goal posts to suit themselves.

I'm still a serial returner in spite of having "the letter" a good few years ago, but I probably just keep below the magic threshhold; if they wanted shot of me they could easily find a few months that tipped over the 51% mark.

If anyone gets "the letter" it asks them to phone to discuss their returns, could I suggest that you email and ask them to explain the time period measured and to exclude items returned as faulty, lost or incorrect and also those returned under the Distance Selling Regs. Once they have you on the phone they basically want to tell you off and aren't interested in the presenters exaggerated claims or clothing incorrectly sized, but I think we're well within our rights to have them reassess their figures to exclude these returns since they're all covered by the consumer's statutory rights. QVC should only quibble about those orders returned under their 30 day "I've changed my mind" no quibble MBG, so make sure that's how you're being judged.

With this in mind return as many items as possible as cancelled under the DSR; it might give you a bit of wriggle room but in the end they can reserve the right not to do business with you.

i stay away from a lot of qvc own brands from america. that includes clothing that are very cheap and you would never pick them up yet alone pay good money. they over hype/sell a lot of things with a lot of exageration and hyped up selling techniques. also you can buy something from a qvc brand and the quality varies widely very hit and miss

Is any of the stuff they sell are bulk purchases of old stock/overruns etc? I've bought eg a pair of Clarks boots on a sale at least a year before QVC started selling them. (The very comfortable Moray boot, if you're interested).

I personally feel that QVC's peak has passed, and now QVC UK is starting to go downhill. Thanks to the lack of respect for the customer, coupled with their lower standard of product quality.

It won't be long before a slump
From the late 90's, the celebs, z-celebs etc all queued to QVC as a first stop sales/publicity venue, it won't be long before the connections are lost, Apple, Dyson etc will step away, and I feel the channel will morph into a JML direct or a Bid.tv channel with brands as well known as the 'Flowbee'
Flowbee-rick-1.jpg

'No2' is the highest they are ever going to get

They won't be raving bout their position next year, as it's sure to be lower.

I have had 3 missed calls from Q cover the last 48 hours one at 10.30pm well after I had gone to bed, are they going to ask me why I have a 50% returns rate.?
They have only let one message asking me to call them at my earliest convenience. I will be waiting for them to call me back as as far as I am concerned I have done nothing wrong.
Sorry Q you are really pi$$ing me off right now, in fact I haven't watched a single show since before Christmas and I have been with them from almost the first show and would wait up to what the TSV was before bed almost every evening, but that was when the TSV's really where bargains and worth waiting up for.

I also have been there for QVC for nearly 18 years. What a shame its turned out this way. I truly remember when deals were FANTASTIC deals, when 14k gold diamonique tennis bracelets were £90. NOT £699.00 (come on QVC the gold rate hasn't rocketed THAT much)
Gem tennis bracelets were awesome
The countdown TSV clock, the race to the landline to secure a purchase (often engaged), the clothing had proper colour guide (red was RED, not medium brick, dark rose, mid-terracotta or ruby blush or blue-grey)
Watching was fun, interesting and friendly, not hard sell.

All original QVC very much missed... :sad: Rant over!

OMG what is the Flowbee and do I need one....I'm off to google it!

Edit: On second thoughts...

Isn't there something like this is the fairground scenes in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with Arthur Mullard getting a vacuum haircut?

Latest posts

Back