Arran Aromatics - anybody tried anything?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC Princess

Beauty Addict
I watched their first show on QVC and was really impressed especially the organic soaps - but cant justify buying because of my L'Occitane soap stash at the mo!! Anyway has anyone bought and tried anything from the range? I had a look at their website www.arranaromatics.com and they sell some lovely stuff.Can anyone review the quality of the products and their favourite smells ? Many Thanks Linda

Hi QVC Princess

I was given a big After the Rain gift box for my birthday a few years ago.

I HATED IT :(:(:(

The smell was so faint that it seemed a waste to use the prducts when instead I could have been using L'occitane or Philosophy and emerged from the bath smelling delicious. The description of after the rain is supposed to be cut grass and roses, but it was too subtle for me:33:

But I suppose some people don't want to smell like a Senorita Margarita and this might be a better option for them.

I wasn't impressed with the body lotion or the handcream as they didn't seem as moisturising as other QVC products.

I won't be buying any of the products but obviously other people do so the QVC 30 day MBG might be the best way to try them.

It's years since I last bought AA.
I remember it as being rather weak and nothing very special.
Certainly no comparison with L'O (from memory)

Many Thanks Miss QVC and CatslovelyCats(love your name) for the reviews - i'm a big L'Occitane and Philosophy fan too - i love love love the L'Occitane Shea Butter Body Lotion which i find very moisturising and the only soap i would let in my house is their shea butter soaps - i thought the AA organic soaps might be a good alternative? As you say the QVC 30 day money back guarantee comes in handy with any new range - sounds like it might be getting used with this one!! Thanks again Linda

we have been ruined by l'occitane,philosophy and elemis to name but a few. now nothing is good enough lol

Thanks for that Angxx(your new hairstyle sounds lovely) thats a better idea than buying from QVC and losing the p&p plus send back costs using their 30 day money back guarantee. I'll have a look in Debenhams next time i'm in. Thanks again Lindaxx

Ive never tried AA myself but ive bought it for my sister a few times, who loves it. Dobbies in milngavie sell it, hope this helps x

I got some of their soaps from a gift shop near me, and I have to say I loved them. They were huge - much bigger than the ones they were selling on QVC - and they lasted about 10-15 weeks each. They didn't crack or split or go mushy and they had a lovely lavender fragrance that lasted very well. Plus I only paid about £3 each for them so they worked out quite cheap really.

TK Maxx have loads of AA in store atm,Linda.I bought a fab set of Heather for my sister,lovely gift box with 5 items for €12.50(tenner),great value.
Cavegirl is right,their soaps are gorgeous except for After the Rain(agree with Miss QVC),horrible fragrance.

I watched their first show on QVC and was really impressed especially the organic soaps - but cant justify buying because of my L'Occitane soap stash at the mo!! Anyway has anyone bought and tried anything from the range? I had a look at their website www.arranaromatics.com and they sell some lovely stuff.Can anyone review the quality of the products and their favourite smells ? Many Thanks Linda

Linda, there is a Arran Aromatics shop in Princes Square, so you could always pop in there sometime and have a little sniff and see what you like :1:

Many Many Thanks to everyone who took the time to answerxx Dobbies in Milgavie(Glasgow)-very near me, special thanks to Ellen,and Princes Square(Glasgow) special thanks to Sazza are my destination very soon. I was delighted to get such great reviews about the soaps from Cavegirl and Marzy as i suspected that there would be some good fragrances in the range - After the rain sounds like one to avoid though!! Thanks again girls - you are all starsxx Linda

Well looks like Arran Aromatics won't be appearing on QVC again as they have gone out of business!!

Just read in the paper here that they have called in the liquidators.

Well looks like Arran Aromatics won't be appearing on QVC again as they have gone out of business!!

Just read in the paper here that they have called in the liquidators.

Blimey, that's a shock.

They survive all of those years without QVC, then expand their potential audience, and then go bust.

Shows what a crazy world we live in at the moment.

What a shame.

I've never tried the range, but they looked to be good quality. Thought the guest (owner?) who was on the other week seemed very genuine.

Sounds very mercinary I know, but I'll imagine there'll be a fair few sets floating round TKMaxx in the next few weeks.

Oh I know SCW - but there'll probably be more now.

Wonder if the other items will even make it to QVC now. Doubt it somehow!

I was in one of our branches of TK Maxx,this evening & they had loads of AA sets & individual items,250mls of body lotions were €4.49 & sets of handwash & hand/body lotion in silver colour container were €12.50

OMG!! AA gone out of business? I've flabbered my gasted!! Anyway thanks to Marzy and Ian for the TKMaxx thumbs upx I'll need to be fast to try the big soaps eh!! Linda

Latest posts

Back