Are you one in a million?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
It not that long ago Debbie Flint was saying QVC send out 50 million parcels a year.

Interesting seeing on banner at bottom of screen " over 1 million people shopped with us in the last year"

That means an average of 50 parcels per person, approx 4 per month

Umm OK - don't buy every month but lets see in the last month…..silicone oven liner, 2 pairs of shoes, coconut Easiyo, and a BM eyeshadow yesterday - oven gloves and kaftan returned.

OMG! they're talking about me, and there's a labadorite hour this afternoon! This is not good and has to stop! :eek:

"My name is Frazzled and I'm a Shopper Qalcoholic"!

It not that long ago Debbie Flint was saying QVC send out 50 million parcels a year.

Interesting seeing on banner at bottom of screen " over 1 million people shopped with us in the last year"

Umm OK - don't buy every month but lets see in the last month…..silicone oven liner, 2 pairs of shoes, coconut Easiyo, and a BM eyeshadow yesterday - oven gloves and kaftan returned.

OMG! they're talking about me, and there's a labadorite hour this afternoon! This is not good and has to stop! :eek:

you could argue that there is little point in saving at the moment, and you can not take the money with you
(trying to convince myself - does it work on anyone??:tongue:)
PS keeps people in jobs, encourages the economy and if you leave your money to the kids: well they will just waste it anyway, so I might as well do it for them :confused::grin:

I am not proud to admit, but I was one of those 'perfect (for) qvc customers, putting an order @ least once a week' . My cure was simple: stopped watching = stopped ordering. If you don't see it, you don't know you are missing it.

I haven't ordered anything for months and months and rarely watch QVC now, but thanks to SCW's posts giving advance notice of products/special prices, I ordered 3 things last week :rolleyes:

Still, as Wildrose says, you can't take it with you :tongue2:

I go through spending phases and when I'm in one I can easily place 4 orders a month, (and the rest!) but I can go for a month with no purchases (ok ~ not often!) so yes, I'm probably one too Frazzled!

I have really cut back this year and in fact did not buy a thing for nearly 6 months (surprised they did not think I was dead!) but had a bit of a splurge recently and got the recent Decelor TSV, the Yankee electric tart thing which I really love and am delighted with, some "Last Clicks" jewellery and some Mally make up. Sent the Mally stuff back, it was vastly over priced and had I seen it in a shop I would never have bought it. I think I am still vulnerable to being caught up in the hype when it comes to beauty products so I tend to avoid the shows so I don't get tempted. We have a massive Boots and I tend to go there to get my treats as they have such good offers and I can actually try testers etc.

No I"m reformed, used to spend loads every month, but being more sensible
now, only got the Nour TSV, which i returned, under DSR, thanks to this
website. Mind you i keep seeing things and saying, oh i"ll get that when i
get paid, and more often or not, i completely forget about it, thank goodness.

So couldnt have really needed it anyway :happy:

I can be very good for ages, well at least a few weeks, and then temptation kicks in. The thing is I rarely watch an entire show these days, I look to see what's on lunchtime and while the ads are on if I'm watching TV. Lately, it seems when I switch when there's something to take my fancy. I wouldn’t have looked at all yesterday had I realised it was another Beauty Day, but I landed on Bare Minerals, which I like, and lo and behold I'm buying an eye colour and mascara.

Strato - if it were not for you I would never have bought a Yoghurt maker!

Wildrose - like your thinking, but it's not helping because I'm too easily convinced! :tongue:

Nour and Labradorite in the same day, QVC playing dirty. (This poxy weather doesn't help!!)

Like everyone else my buying is sporadic but I definitely buy less than I did. But that's across the board and not just at QVC. To my mind there's no point in controlling my QVC spending if I'm off spending it elsewhere. Unless of course it's cheaper elsewhere.

I had been really good or really boring dependent on your point of view but then I went a bit bonkers buying two diamonique rings, a Veronese bracelet, a Suarti bracelet and an Antthony top. Mind you I sent the Suarti bracelet and the Antthony top back.

This month I've bought the Minnie Mouse nail varnish and got an advanced order on PCMC. I did also buy a Lola Rose bracelet but that's my lot and will be all I buy this month.

So I'm one in a million but someone else is buying my share some months.

Did anyone watch from the start of the Labradorite hour, did they use any quotes from product testers at the start? I missed it and they said they might, and I was so glad to be sent two pendants to review last month :)

I am TRYING to cut back ---not having a great deal of success.In my defence these days I am more likely to return items if I am not that sure despite the cost.I got the Liz Earle TSV & the Lola Rose both of which I am happy with.As for makeup I would now rather try and buy in a shop.I was tempted by the BE yesterday but I wouldn't use the primer so resisted.I have bought some jewellery but although I like am not sure I will have the occasions to wear so may return.

I bought some diamonique rings, in my size, although I knew I would never wear them. It was in the early days, partly to see if the DMQ lived up to the hype. I did like the unusual design of some (that was my excuse for buying them). But in hindsight, I was just drawn in by the hype, I probably bought 4 or 5.

Sorry gemgem, had it on in the background, but the sound was turned down,

There were some lovely pieces on it though. How did you get picked for "testing"

and lucky lucky you. Are you able to keep the pieces or do you have to send

them back :wonder:

Did anyone watch from the start of the Labradorite hour, did they use any quotes from product testers at the start? I missed it and they said they might, and I was so glad to be sent two pendants to review last month :)

I only watched the review as they showed everything in the first 10 minutes, didn't hear anything Gemgem, you lucky girl! The drop earrings were lovely, but I resisted!

Sorry gemgem, had it on in the background, but the sound was turned down,

There were some lovely pieces on it though. How did you get picked for "testing"

and lucky lucky you. Are you able to keep the pieces or do you have to send

them back :wonder:

I signed up to the QVC lounge last year and now and again they send me emails and this one was requesting testers for a labradorite pendant and you had to email to request inclusion.

I emailed back, not expecting to hear back as I imagined lots of people had been emailed, and they sent another email confirming I had been selected and asking for confirmation of my postal address and not to mention it on the lounge as not everyone had been sent the original email.

About a week later I got two pendants. Both the same design, one with Chinese Labradorite and the other Madagascan Labradorite and then had to fill in an online survey about the differences and which was better.

Then they were mine to keep :) I gave one to a friend who was very happy too :) I saw the pendant on the show and it was over £35!

I signed up to the QVC lounge last year and now and again they send me emails and this one was requesting testers for a labradorite pendant and you had to email to request inclusion.

I emailed back, not expecting to hear back as I imagined lots of people had been emailed, and they sent another email confirming I had been selected and asking for confirmation of my postal address and not to mention it on the lounge as not everyone had been sent the original email.

About a week later I got two pendants. Both the same design, one with Chinese Labradorite and the other Madagascan Labradorite and then had to fill in an online survey about the differences and which was better.

Then they were mine to keep :) I gave one to a friend who was very happy too :) I saw the pendant on the show and it was over £35!

Ooh, that's interesting. I signed up to the lounge too. I took part in an online forum about music and got £10 (though I had to chase them for it!) but since then I think you go in a draw to win something. Last thing I did was a survey about a Lola Rose TSV - you had to choose your favourite stone/charm.

Well done!

Ooh, that's interesting. I signed up to the lounge too. I took part in an online forum about music and got £10 (though I had to chase them for it!) but since then I think you go in a draw to win something. Last thing I did was a survey about a Lola Rose TSV - you had to choose your favourite stone/charm.

Well done!

How did you sign up for The Lounge? I can't find any links on the Q website

Latest posts

Back