Are there really such words as.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i think it may be an Americanism; i am not sure how new it is...it is used often in legal research and that is how i know about it...at least i am glad to know i may be eligible to work for qvc:18:

either...i cannot be too demanding...i only know that i know one word that they know...imagine all the other words that they know but i do not know that i know:33:

I'm amazed that no one has used "bouncebackability" for the Kim & Co non iron demostration but I feel its only a matter of time!!!

I'm amazed that no one has used "bouncebackability" for the Kim & Co non iron demostration but I feel its only a matter of time!!!

Kim comes up with enought strange words for her electricly charged polyester clothes: so for the love of God stop giving her more ideas!!!!!:17:

star234 you are being unfair :28: it is the substantiability of polyester that makes Kim's clothes so substantially affordable. if you think of their bouncebackability as well, they are a bargain!:26::34:

which presenter used these words yesterday?

'Substantialability' was used by Catherine Huntly yesterday to describe the heel of a boot and 'Fashionability' was used by Sarah G to describe the frumpy TSV.

'Substantialability' was used by Catherine Huntly yesterday to describe the heel of a boot and 'Fashionability' was used by Sarah G to describe the frumpy TSV.

Ooh, you cut me to the quick - thinking of myself as an actual fashionista, I ordered one in every colourway and several actual sizes, just in case I lose/gain weight as I couldn't bear to be without this sort of fashionability for a second!

I think Sarah G made a big mistake, she should have said Unfashionability.

Ooh, you cut me to the quick - thinking of myself as an actual fashionista, I ordered one in every colourway and several actual sizes, just in case I lose/gain weight as I couldn't bear to be without this sort of fashionability for a second!

I'm just jealous. I too want to go on the school run wearing my actual Spackle,in a Carole Hochman pyjama set, distributing £1,895 tanzanite rings to the school caretaker as a 'thank you' while wearing a fushia coat that pulls me in tightly around my fat middle. (I have actually ordered small becasue I like a 'snug'/tailored fit :) ).

:54:
I'm just jealous. I too want to go on the school run wearing my actual Spackle,in a Carole Hochman pyjama set, distributing £1,895 tanzanite rings to the school caretaker as a 'thank you' while wearing a fushia coat that pulls me in tightly around my fat middle. (I have actually ordered small becasue I like a 'snug'/tailored fit :) ).

It takes a big person to own up to the green eyed monster, so I'll swap you one of my coats for one of your high end tanzanite rings if it makes you feel any better. Just let me know what size/colour you would like - I should have plenty of choice when they all arrive. :54:

Ladies, ladies! Let us not forget all the wonderful beauty products which will have both a 'youthening' and 'youthifying' effect on our skins. LITERALLY!

She said the other day that you could literally give something away as a gift...what, as opposed to figuratively giving it away??!

help!

Tx

This has actually given me an idea for a phenomenal phenomenal new game called "How-to-talk-like-QVC-ability. Me first literally:

bullsh*tability
dressdownability
fabricationability
mouthwateringability
I'mwearingsizesmallability
thedanielgreenoilslickability
awww!lookatthoserootsability
thisplantispoisonoustocatsability
thesepearlsareonly£19,000getsomefortheteachersability
buy2millionplugplantsandgrowthemonyourkitchenwindowsillability
you'vegotthesageyou've gottheazureyou'vegotthefuchsiapinkability

Linda:60:

Here's my suggestions quite literally for you now,

£50isn'ttoomuchtospendonafriendasathankyouability
getonenowandkeepitforChristmasability
buyitonEasyPayandforgethowmuchyou'veboughtability
addthistoyourjewellerywardrobeability

Iputmineintheguestbathroomability
splitthesetupintotenpresentsability
agreatpricepointforteacherspresntability

I love words and am always willing to learn new or unfamiliar ones. This being the case, I have looked up both words in several dictionaries both at home and online and have been unable to find a dictionary entry for substantiability.
I can only assume it is either an Americanism or a newish word which has not yet been adopted into common usage.

The Oxford English dictionary entries are as follows :

"substantial

• adjective 1 of considerable importance, size, or worth. 2 strongly built or made. 3 concerning the essentials of something. 4 real and tangible rather than imaginary.

DERIVATIVES substantiality noun."

"substantiability
Sorry, there are no results for that search"

Chambers Dictionary :

"substantial adj 1 considerable in amount, extent, importance, etc. 2 of real value or worth. 3 said of food: nourishing. 4 solidly built. 5 existing as a touchable thing; material; corporeal. 6 belonging or relating to something's basic nature or essence; essential. 7 wealthy and influential; well-to-do. substantiality noun. substantially adverb.
ETYMOLOGY: 14c: from substance."

"Sorry, no entries for substantiability were found."

Wow Perdi I just love your finderability skills :4:

Latest posts

Back