Are Skechers washable?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Marina

Registered Shopper
Skechers do such pretty colours and I like pales. Does anyone know if they are washable or tried washing them in washing machine or by hand?
Or immersing them in water completely?

I bought a white pair in the Bikers style years ago (not from QVC) and I've put them in the washing machine a few times. They've been fine apart from a fabric panel which has faded slightly.

Oh, thank you all, you've put my mind at rest. That's good to know you can wash things like shoes (and bags (Kipling)) :)
Are there any tips on washing, such as 30 C wash, hand wash/gentle wash, non-biological powder etc? How to dry (I haven't got a tumble dryer).
I remember I washed shoes very similar looking to Sketchers (from Next) and the glue came off,so the insoles fell out and the shoes were ruined on the inside so I couldn't wear them again.

I caught a bit of the Skechers hour tonight and the guest was asked about washing them, he said no because of the glue, but if others have had no problems then they might be ok.

Generally I would say washing any footwear even fabric styles is not good. Most footwear is glued as well as stitched together in certain places, washing will make the glue perish and the shoes will come apart quicker than with normal wear. Also water can make suede and leather perish and spoil the finish. Finally some fabric suede and leather will shrink a bit changing the fit of the shoe. I would say wipe the surface with a damp cloth or even wet wipe but never submerse a shoe in water or use detergents.

I caught a bit of the Skechers hour tonight and the guest was asked about washing them, he said no because of the glue, but if others have had no problems then they might be ok.
Yes, I heard it too. However, Kipling are officially not washable, but IF your put it on 30 C and gentle wash they come out just fine. Of course, there's no glue in them so it's not the same as washing shoes.

Latest posts

Back