Anyone who bought the Bare Escentuals TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
Mine finally arrived today (after being shipped last Monday!).

It's not for me (bought it for my mum) but on opening it it has a nice booklet explaining how to apply everything....but it's all in GERMAN!! All of it! There is even a second little leaflet about the foundation, also all in German.

Am assuming this was a set that was destined for QVC Germany, but it seems a bit odd.

Was it just me? Did other people receive theirs in English? It's not a big deal, but if it had been for a xmas pressie, I might have been more annoyed....

Still waiting for mine to arrive - so much for 5 to 7 working days for delivery tomorrow will be 8th working day
rarely order much now because it takes too long to come used to always get things in 2 to 5 days but not any more, get fed up waiting til last minute or as w:38:ith this item beyond the limit and if you phone up to complain they say wait a bit longer or they say we will send you a form to fill in.
I dont want a friggin form i just want my friggin products you have had my money 11 days already !!

Ja indeed.

If it's any consolation les fritos, mine was apparantly despatched on 27th (the very next day after I bought it, which I was impressed at!) but it only arrived yesterday!

Maybe it had to come from bloomin Germany!

Was it just me? Did other people receive theirs in English? It's not a big deal, but if it had been for a xmas pressie, I might have been more annoyed....
Birdie, mine is in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. Are you sure you don't have some English instructions at the very beginning of the booklet? It's only two pages.

It seems odd, if they're multi-lingual, to have a special German one as well.

No - this is the large red booklet with "Bare Gold" on it - specific to this kit.

It's about eight pages, with info about the various components of the kit and instructions about how to apply the eye colours etc. Definitely all in German!

I have found some English in the little leaflet about the foundation but the big red booklet is all German.

I have found some English in the little leaflet about the foundation but the big red booklet is all German.
Oh, that is annoying! You set me off looking for mine, and for a dreadful moment I thought the puppy had had it. In which case it wouldn't matter if it was in English or Serbo-Croat or Sanskrit. But it had escaped her insane depradations. And it IS in English. It does sound as if you got one straight from QVC Germany.

Let me know if you want any translations! At least it's not in Double Dutch!

Still waiting for mine in any language.

My first foray into BE apart from the BCC kit, so have been eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
Could anyone tell me if it's courier or PO delivery please?

Ja indeed.

If it's any consolation les fritos, mine was apparantly despatched on 27th (the very next day after I bought it, which I was impressed at!) but it only arrived yesterday!

Mine too dispatched next day..ahem! It came today but i wasnt in :17: so I'll have to get it tomorrow at the depot after work nooooooooo! how annoying.:28:
Havnt used BE before and have been dying to play with it all, hope I get an English leaflet :5:
I suppose better than it being dumped in a bin like another posters parcels..gawd.

Mine too dispatched next day..ahem! It came today but i wasnt in :17: so I'll have to get it tomorrow at the depot after work nooooooooo! how annoying.:28:
Havnt used BE before and have been dying to play with it all, hope I get an English leaflet :5:
I suppose better than it being dumped in a bin like another posters parcels..gawd.

This is sooo annoying - when you get a card saying they tried to deliver. My regular postie is great as he knows to leave parcels which are too big to go through the letter box with the neighbour but when it is his week off the others leave a card. I then cannot go until the next day and have to go about 5 miles to the sorting office to get them on my way to work before 9.00 as the sorting office closes at 12.30 so I cannot go after work. I wish they would dump them in a bin.

No - this is the large red booklet with "Bare Gold" on it - specific to this kit.

It's about eight pages, with info about the various components of the kit and instructions about how to apply the eye colours etc. Definitely all in German!

My big red booklet is in English, with other languages, too. Did you want it? Happy to post out to you if you'd like it. PM me your address.

My two arrived yesterday (to Dublin),one for me & one for my dd & the two booklets are in English with other languages too.
That's very annoying,yours being in German,Birdie :11:

i descided i was going to be strong & order from a well know auction site the gold gossamer..........thinking i was a good girl..........later i decided i NEEDED the matching brushes & lippy....so finished up buying it .........mine arrived yesterday too [ with an email to say been dispatched.......IMPRESSED QVC ......about the email not the time span..my red booklet is in UK & the other is in french //german & spanish.........so non tres bien etc.......& i soooooooo love the box.......am i going mad to love a box....??

Having now received the three boxes order, one for me, and the other two for friends...they will be going back.

The mirror is broken inside on one, the back where the mirror joins the box on another is broken, and I knew I shouldn't have kept trying to the get in the third one,,,took the paper of the top of the mirror.

Perhaps I should just give up know with them. Nothing this year has been not damaged, missing, second hand and the only piece that was (a brooch which was a replacement for another damaged on), I wore out for lunch with a friend and by the end of the day it had parted company with me...can't prove the catch was faulty...but ain't no other way it could have got away!

Dreading opening the Christmas Yankee Box...got it as a present...would rather find out whether it's faulty then, at least we would at least have something for Christmas then!!

This is sooo annoying - when you get a card saying they tried to deliver. My regular postie is great as he knows to leave parcels which are too big to go through the letter box with the neighbour but when it is his week off the others leave a card. I then cannot go until the next day and have to go about 5 miles to the sorting office to get them on my way to work before 9.00 as the sorting office closes at 12.30 so I cannot go after work. I wish they would dump them in a bin.[/QUOTE]

Had one nicked from bin. Also - they have removed rubbish on occasion to put parcels in bin - disgusting - even though rubbish bagged up. I have never asked them to put items in dustbin and have complained a few times but still they do it.

Having now received the three boxes order, one for me, and the other two for friends...they will be going back.

The mirror is broken inside on one, the back where the mirror joins the box on another is broken, and I knew I shouldn't have kept trying to the get in the third one,,,took the paper of the top of the mirror.

i thought the mirror wasnt right till hubby having a good old nosey as to what had arrived in the hosehold AGAIN from qvc., he put the mirror so that as if youre using the box as a dressing table type thing.......the mirror sort of goes at a slant.....meaning the what i thought was a broken mirror away from the backing board was in fact WE think meant to be........hope my drivel has made some sort of sence...

Latest posts

Back