anyone tried/got bobbi brown shimmer brick

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
whats ya view and what colour to buy?!

I notice on the BB website there is a nude option - which I probably would have gone for? but its not on qvc website:thinking2:

Hi rainbowdottie. I've got the shimmer brick in the rose option. I've got an olive skin and it goes on a lovely pink colour.

I was a bit wary of the word shimmer as i thought it might be too glittery but it just gives a nice sheen. The colour is quite intense so less is definitely more. I use the white strip as a highlighter and it works very well. I really like it and would definitely recommend it.

John Lewis stock BB so you might be able to try the nude on there. Good luck

It really depends on your skin tone. I bought the nude option a few years ago and it made my pale skin look even paler. It also looks more shimmery than the rose option, which imo is better (the latter).

I nicked a BB shimmer brick off my DD years ago but it was way too shimmery for my liking, I think I've still got it hidden somewhere, I don't think DD missed it cos she never asked me where it is :grin:

I just found it. it was a sandwash one.

I have a rose and an apricot. I prefer the rose. They give quite a 'sheen' and if you can I'd say try in a dept store first. They do a few colours.

Will last ages. Lovely compact.

Good, but not that good. I wouldn't buy again.

I have a rose and an apricot. I prefer the rose. They give quite a 'sheen' and if you can I'd say try in a dept store first. They do a few colours.

Will last ages. Lovely compact.

Good, but not that good. I wouldn't buy again.

:up2: I agree. xxx

I did not like it - so I sent it back- I would not normally try make up then send it back- but this was so expensive and it made me look like I was sweaty!Try before you buy if you can.:blush:

ok thanks ladies.Looks like I may buy from QVC then so I can try it out.

Bit wary of the pink as I'm a dark blonde but with quite a high colour rosey face - maybe one of the other two options then? Thinking apricot as thje bronze may be too much like bronzing powder?

I used the bronze one - it was good but not brilliant. I always felt I had too much on. I prefer the fusion range from Smashbox as I can do the "less is more" with those.

ok thanks ladies.Looks like I may buy from QVC then so I can try it out.

Bit wary of the pink as I'm a dark blonde but with quite a high colour rosey face - maybe one of the other two options then? Thinking apricot as thje bronze may be too much like bronzing powder?

you sound like you have a 'cool' complexion, so I would go for the pink or rose.

I owned three and gave them away in the end.

Bronze, Apricot and the Rose. I thought they made the cheeks too shiney shimmery. Prefer the Smashbox softlights more wearable.

To be honest if you are over 35 don't go near the BB Shimmerbrick.

:hi: :D It was a massive disappointment :heartbroke: when I couldn't get the Shimmer Brick to work for me. My skin is v pale with pink cheeks. (I wear Px level 1, Bobbi Brown Porcelain / Extra light, BE Fair. Amazing Cosmetics Fair.) I've tried the Shimmer Brick in Rose and Pink Quartz. I found that from about 8 feet away, or in dim artificial light it looked fab, but any closer, or in natural daylight it looked too metallic and shimmery for me.. (I could see sparkles on my cheeks - and I hate that. :puke: ;))

Shimmer Brick is waaaaaay too pricey to keep just for nightclubbing though so when I couldn't get any kind of natural everyday kind of look going with two quite different shades it was time to give up the ghost.

I'm still gutted about it. :( Maybe if I was a younger, more tanned, more glamorous, WAG-like person then it would go better with my overall look, but as it stands i just couldn't make it work.

Obviously I'm still tempted every time they bring out a new one though! :eek: :D

I owned three and gave them away in the end.

Bronze, Apricot and the Rose. I thought they made the cheeks too shiney shimmery. Prefer the Smashbox softlights more wearable.

To be honest if you are over 35 don't go near the BB Shimmerbrick.

Is it for cheeks only?, I thought it was eyeshadow:grin: mine has blue and green in it or is there one for the eyes too?

:hi: :D It was a massive disappointment :heartbroke: when I couldn't get the Shimmer Brick to work for me. My skin is v pale with pink cheeks. (I wear Px level 1, Bobbi Brown Porcelain / Extra light, BE Fair. Amazing Cosmetics Fair.) I've tried the Shimmer Brick in Rose and Pink Quartz. I found that from about 8 feet away, or in dim artificial light it looked fab, but any closer, or in natural daylight it looked too metallic and shimmery for me.. (I could see sparkles on my cheeks - and I hate that. :puke: ;))

Shimmer Brick is waaaaaay too pricey to keep just for nightclubbing though so when I couldn't get any kind of natural everyday kind of look going with two quite different shades it was time to give up the ghost.

I'm still gutted about it. :( Maybe if I was a younger, more tanned, more glamorous, WAG-like person then it would go better with my overall look, but as it stands i just couldn't make it work.

Obviously I'm still tempted every time they bring out a new one though! :eek: :D

Spot on! Plus I find it rather outdated. xx

Latest posts

Back