Anyone remember the ZILO?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper

It was a complete confidence trick IMO.

I bought one, it didn't do anything so I sent it back.

Then I decided it was a lovely looking object (a thick stainless steel disk with a deep blue glass dish) so I bought it again LOL.

But it certainly does not purify the air, it just sits there!

Can anyone think of other things that QVC used to push like mad but no longer sells?

George Forman grills
That knife with two blades.
The pen with a nib so Strong you could smash it into a coke can.
Prezerve jewellery boxes.

stratobuddy, if you have a dishwasher have you tried putting your zilo disc in there to combat those dishwasy pongs?

lakeland sell one especially for the dishwasher and i'd be interested to know if it works.... although not hopeful!

i also have that big zilo with the blue dish although ive temporarily mislaid it. it does have aesthetic appeal though i totally agree. and it does work for smelly hands if you rub like soap.

Here are some of the other things I got sucked into but you no longer see - -

Rezap battery charger (GREAT, I use it every day)

Lifting staps (good, but hardly ever need them)

Fudge-making kit (still have loads left, well past the sell-by date, but will use them eventually).

Thomas Paconi furniture (got a very good quality multi drawer cabinet).

Easiyo (I make 1 litre every day).

Golden oil (I have their microfibre mop, very good).

Wind-up torches (various types).

Dorcy indestructible torches (I collect torches and have 100's of different ones).

Lock'n'locks (I have loads).

Emerson autoset clock radio (sent it back, poor FM reception).

Microfibre towels (they get the initial wet off, but don't dry as well as fluffy cotton).

Floating candles (too messy with all the oil).

Ultrasonex toothbrushes (worked well, I bought 3, but 2 have snapped in half).

Also (never bought any) Thomas Kincade "painter of light" (chocolate box art).

I've also bought loads of one-off gadgets, perhaps I'll start another thread on these, such as the robot duster).

It was a complete confidence trick IMO.

I bought one, it didn't do anything so I sent it back.

Then I decided it was a lovely looking object (a thick stainless steel disk with a deep blue glass dish) so I bought it again LOL.

But it certainly does not purify the air, it just sits there!

Can anyone think of other things that QVC used to push like mad but no longer sells?

:blush: Ahem, I bought the loo zilo and it actually does work (either that or my sense of smell's gone ...)

I bought the emerson clock radio - have to agree that the reception is a bit naff, but asI live in a place where the power used to go off all the time (often in the night) it's been a boon as it always switches itself back onto the right time and it changes itself when the clocks go forward and back. Not sure how it will cope though if the rules change!!

My son did manage to clobber it the other day and it changed time zone and I didn't notice until we got up an hour later the following day and I thought it was a bit toooooo light!

I remember at time when Marie Osmond used to sell dolls and Ivan Trump had jewellery. I used to get Molton Brown and Aveda products on QVC and I still miss the Molton Brown xmas TSV :-(

I remember my mum had polish that smelled of oranges from QVC in the early days, not sure what it was called. I also remember when they used to sell jewellery cleaners almost every 2nd hour lol

My cats love drinking the water out of my Zilo which renders it mostly useless. After a day or two the dribble they leave behind ferments into a sticky mess

I am so busy changing the water I don't have time to notice the smells anymore

Stuart

We had kedgeree for our meal tonight and I couldn't understand why the smell of the poached fish was lasting longer than usual. Eventually I realised that the zilo needed water, filled it up and once it had activated again that was the end of the fish smell. Unfortunately our blue dish is showing its age as it has a white coating on it that no amount of rubbing will remove.

I remember at time when Marie Osmond used to sell dolls and Ivan Trump had jewellery. I used to get Molton Brown and Aveda products on QVC and I still miss the Molton Brown xmas TSV :-(

I remember my mum had polish that smelled of oranges from QVC in the early days, not sure what it was called. I also remember when they used to sell jewellery cleaners almost every 2nd hour lol

hmmm ........i had the orange cleaner but can't remember what it was called. i think the orangey oil might have been called golden oil?

i also remember aveda and bought that too. ivana trump had perfume as well as jewellery. i used to like watching her with steve whatley and i can remember him spilling the perfume. i bought some - was ok i think. i also got some of those slimming bars and chewy sweets sold by the man in the corset. south lodge, casamia and denim and co clothing. 'modern' and alexandra elliot jewellery. all reasonably priced and did NOT come celebrity endorsed.

all in all, Q had such a much greater range of products years ago and was much more interesting to watch.

wasn't the zilo just a disc of stainless steel? wouldn't any old piece of stainless do? although i admit a fork sitting in water on the coffee table wouldn't have the same aesthetic appeal :cheeky:

to get garlic/onions smell off your hands rinse them with tap water rub them while still wet on your stainless steel tap and rinse, no garlic smell

A stainless steel sink with an inch of water in it should kill smells much more than a zilo, as it is a much bigger area. But we all know it doesn't!

But the blue glass dish that came with the zilo was a beautiful shade of dark midnight blue, but mine also discoloured after a while.

wasn't the zilo just a disc of stainless steel? wouldn't any old piece of stainless do? although i admit a fork sitting in water on the coffee table wouldn't have the same aesthetic appeal :cheeky:

No no no it was a very special mixture of alloys!

Wasn't the orange cleaner called Orange Glo?

There was another doll range I think it was called Catherine Dolls. Catherine never used to appear until one time she did. German. Talk about Doris Karloff? She's cared the bejesus out of me.

There was some china Tek Seng or something that always used to be on - usually presented by Kara

Latest posts

Back