Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss QVC

Registered Shopper
Just got the following email from QGossip:

The latest gossip from QVC...
Anthony Heywood: My trip to QVC US

Posted: 04 Oct 2008 02:00 AM CDT

Hi everyone, it's Anthony,

I've just spent the last few days at QVC US and I'm writing this at 35,000 feet having just flown out of Philadelphia - takes me back to my flying days!

It’s been a while since I last visited QVC Studio Park, and it was great to see it again. You're struck by the sheer size of the complex - it's so big the presenters travel between studios on golf buggies!

Bumping into familiar faces

Many of the guests at QVC US also appear back home, and it was a wonderful surprise on my first day to bump into friendly craft experts Anna Griffin and Brenda Walton.

I headed into Philadelphia for lunch with Davinia, who's one of the US presenters. While waiting outside the restaurant, out comes the ex-boss of QVC UK. I mean - what are the odds? He doesn’t even live in Philadelphia!

Presenting on American TV

On my second day I made a surprise appearance on air when Jeanne Bice of Quacker Factory noticed me watching in the wings and insisted I appeared on camera! I also had fun catching up with Eric, who's a guest for cook's essentials and has been on air in the UK a couple of times.

It was really exciting to present in front of a live studio audience, which we only do occasionally in the UK.

Take a studio tour

If you ever find yourself near Philly I'd thoroughly recommend dropping by Studio Park and doing one of the studio tours - it gives you a fascinating insight into the world of shopping TV.

I'm going to kick back now and enjoy the rest of the flight,

Anthony x

Is anyone going? Did you even know that you could? Do you think they might introduce them in Battersea? Or am I really sad thinking this would be fun? :confused:

Just got the following email from QGossip:

The latest gossip from QVC...
Anthony Heywood: My trip to QVC US

Posted: 04 Oct 2008 02:00 AM CDT

Hi everyone, it's Anthony,

I've just spent the last few days at QVC US and I'm writing this at 35,000 feet having just flown out of Philadelphia - takes me back to my flying days!

It’s been a while since I last visited QVC Studio Park, and it was great to see it again. You're struck by the sheer size of the complex - it's so big the presenters travel between studios on golf buggies!

Bumping into familiar faces

Many of the guests at QVC US also appear back home, and it was a wonderful surprise on my first day to bump into friendly craft experts Anna Griffin and Brenda Walton.

I headed into Philadelphia for lunch with Davinia, who's one of the US presenters. While waiting outside the restaurant, out comes the ex-boss of QVC UK. I mean - what are the odds? He doesn’t even live in Philadelphia!

Presenting on American TV

On my second day I made a surprise appearance on air when Jeanne Bice of Quacker Factory noticed me watching in the wings and insisted I appeared on camera! I also had fun catching up with Eric, who's a guest for cook's essentials and has been on air in the UK a couple of times.

It was really exciting to present in front of a live studio audience, which we only do occasionally in the UK.

Take a studio tour

If you ever find yourself near Philly I'd thoroughly recommend dropping by Studio Park and doing one of the studio tours - it gives you a fascinating insight into the world of shopping TV.

I'm going to kick back now and enjoy the rest of the flight,

Anthony x

Is anyone going? Did you even know that you could? Do you think they might introduce them in Battersea? Or am I really sad thinking this would be fun? :confused:

I did a tour of CBC studios in Toronto once and that was fascinating - and I didn't even now any of the programmes they made! I'd like to see a QVC studio tour.

Maybe in these times of financial uncertainty, QVC could make some more money by offering tours.
I'd love to have a look behind the scenes, although I bet it's not as glamorous as we think! I always imagine the presenter gushing away about some product or other, and the staff standing with the cameras pointed at them, but actually taking no notice at all. I wonder how big the studios are. It would be interesting to have a look round.

I have this bizarre holiday idea (one day) for going to America - do as many Studio tours whilst going from East to West and be in the audience for a few shows topped off by doing a crazy golf course in between :D

I am hoping to go to the states for my honeymoon, but QVC will be the furthest thing from my mind!

I have been to the qvc 'store' in the Mall of America in Minneapolis. They sell things in there and also do demonstrations and sometimes film live from the set the store. Whilst I was there I purchased a diamonique toe ring which was lovely and the assistant who realised I was from the UK wanted me to go to the set and appear live on qvc america - was too chicken at the time but wish I had done so now.

Maybe in these times of financial uncertainty, QVC could make some more money by offering tours.
I'd love to have a look behind the scenes, although I bet it's not as glamorous as we think! I always imagine the presenter gushing away about some product or other, and the staff standing with the cameras pointed at them, but actually taking no notice at all. I wonder how big the studios are. It would be interesting to have a look round.

Trust me, from my limited experience, the camera men have to pay great attention; I should think it's very hard work making sure they have all the correct shots on offer, and in focus, as the gallery calls for them!

Latest posts

Back