anusckah hand painted bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have watched the video of Sheena Douglas using Luminart primary Elements to paint on leather. I know she is an expert but I would think some of you artistic ones could vamp up an old leather bag quickly. She just stamped directly onto the bag for the templates to colour in. Unique if you like that look and do it yourself.

As with all fashion and accessories, it depends whos doing the wearing and how. Some think these are horrible, some think Lulu G is the be all, some think they look the epitome of chic in Yong Kim, others think they'd look like Baldrick in it. If you like it, great, wear it. Someone, somewhere wont like it, whatever you wear so please yourself.

Walking back through town tonight, did see a very smartly dressed lady with a bag similar to these.

She was petite and wearing a fitted bright blue coat and had a cross body "saddle bag" type leather bag, with a kingfisher painted on it. Did have a sneaky (but casual - hopefully) glance to see if it had Anouschka on it, but to no avail.

In all fairness it looked lovely with the coat.

I think they might become popular as 'altered art' is 'on trend'. My artistic skills aren't up to it or I would have a go at doing my own with one of those old handbags I have stored away.

I didn't think the quality looked particularly good, given the price. I don't remember seeing the inside of the bags either, which they normally do demonstrate to show how "nice" it is. Makes me think they were unfinished inside.

I like one or two of them, but will not dream of paying the asking price!!! They are most probably made in some faraway place for pittance and sold for huge profit. I dislike "slave labour" that some of this so called designers do to line their pockets, it is a kind of robbery in my opinion. On one hand I think that at least the poor people will be getting some money and that will put food on their table...on the other hand I despise the people who exploit them .
Almost all the designers exploit the poor and Anushka is just one of them.......so I am not singling her out, but I do object to the huge prices that she asks for her products.
I was disgusted at the prices of some paintings on sale in a hotel in Bali.. when I found out young children were doing them with their fingers....they were paid next to nothing and they should have been at school anyway.
I thought to myself, who am I to judge, at least they and their families will be able to eat well. But I refused myself to buy any though.

Latest posts

Back