Another Sandstone Collection TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WildRose

Registered Shopper
on the 29t August. I like Sandstone, but QVC does seem to think we need a lot of it :sleepy:

I do think they need to be clear to customers that it is not a gemstone but a created glass it bothers me

Yes they never tell you that, the blue and gold all man made. QVC go through fazes(sp) of flogging certain stones to death. Mookie or whatever its call was the last big one. Blueberry quartz(I do own ring bought in Clearance love it), Russian Dioside(sp) the latter two all but disappeared now. Not sure if its because the gold and even silver have gone up in price so much. Silver jewellery TSVs rare are just silver now some have no silver at all.

More recently the presenters have been saying that it's glass but I do agree that in the past it's been referred to as a gem stone and it is included in gem hours and gem days etc. I knew it was glass as I'd bought pieces abroad where it's been called glass and something like aventurine?? Not sure on the spelling. I love it but at least I know what I'm buying. I'm sure some feel ripped off when they find out it isn't a real gem.

Oh yes whatever happened to blueberry quartz!

I LOVE the blue sandstone but would never purchase from QVC, so overpriced for what it is, there are plenty of other retailers inc. the dreaded ebay, selling it for more realistic prices.

Yes they never tell you that, the blue and gold all man made. QVC go through fazes(sp) of flogging certain stones to death. Mookie or whatever its call was the last big one. Blueberry quartz(I do own ring bought in Clearance love it), Russian Dioside(sp) the latter two all but disappeared now. Not sure if its because the gold and even silver have gone up in price so much. Silver jewellery TSVs rare are just silver now some have no silver at all.

Just what I was going to write Donna 255 ! At the time of the blueberry quartz outburst, I read on the internet that it was a laboratory manufactured stone. I wrote both to qvc and Trading Standards, giving them this info .......... WELL ! it ruffled feathers somewhere because on the next presentation with Charlie B, he pointedly remarked that it was PROPERLY mined and not lab made as reported on the internet !!! How strange then that we have'nt seen anymore.

AND I wish they would refer to Diamoneeeeeek as cubic zirconia, especially as the jewellery has CZ stamped on the inside !!!!!

I like sandstone but since it's man-made why don't QVC make it in different colours for a change? I would love a pink or purple sandstone ring :cool:

I have a pink druzy quartz ring and pendant that is fab. I wear them loads but it didn't come from QVC. Pink druzy quartz is a bit like it's made of crushed sugar cubes dyed bright pink.

Pink sandstone would be interesting. I'm sure I've seen green sandstone or I could be going mad!

Sandstone has always only came in two colours blue or gold. Way back when I was at school in the 70s, we made jewellery and it was blue or gold sandstone. No idea why they can't do other colours?

Lola Rose does the best quality blue sandstone

I was disappointed with the last sandstone TSV - the blue was not very sparkly and the gold sandstone looked very muddy. I sent the necklaces straight back. I do, however, really like Lola Rose blue sandstone jeweller - it seems to be much better quality with lots of consistent sparkle. I bought the Vera stretch ring and the recent TSV necklace in blue sandstone and I've had a lot of compliments when they've been worn.:flower:

My lost sandstone ring has been found. Yay!! Am still interested to see what it is though. Hope it's something less lumpy than the last one.

I like sandstone but since it's man-made why don't QVC make it in different colours for a change? I would love a pink or purple sandstone ring :cool:

Its the way sandstone is made in only comes in the blue or gold always has.

I believe Drusy(sp) which is sparkly like sandstone would be the stone for you, wide range of colours. QVC US had a TSV the other day Drusy(sp), haven't seen it on QVC UK but hey no doubt it will come at some point.

Latest posts

Back