Another QVC parcel goes astray

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last year I ordered a ring for my god-daughter. When the package arrived, the flap had been slightly torn and the box removed.

They did replace it, but it wasn't in time for Christmas.

I agree this is a problem in the sorting offices, and particularly at this time of year. The postmen that do the round here seem very hardworking and dedicated.

Same problem here - I've got 2 parcels missing recently. One is a Centrigrade coat that I ordered in November, sent via Parcelnet. This was supposed to be signed for because I requested QVC to send parcels signed for after few parcels going astray in the past.

Sent back the non-receipt declaration form more than 2 weeks ago - no one yet contacted me or anything. The coat is £70 and it has sold out in my size now. Really gutted, and what hacks me off QVC continue to hang onto my money.

Also a small parcel from ebay went astray (also allegedly sent in November), but it wasn't recorded, could be the seller wasn't happy with the price it fetched?

We had some temp postmen for the past month - could be the reason because my postie is lovely. I just think there is a problem with QVC warehouse and in the sorting offices.

I was waiting on a ring that was despatched 24/11 that never arrived, a ring I ordered before that never arrived either so I rang CS yesterday and told them I'm not happy that I have to call them all the time and complain and she said I should go to my local sorting office and complain to them. I was quite miffed by her response and told her I think it's her job to do that. There is no reason why I don't get my parcels, my letterbox is big enough for ring box parcels to be put through. I will say at least anytime I have called them to say something hasn't arrived they phone me back a couple of weeks later to tell me it has arrived back at QVC. I'm beginning to wonder if QVC even sent them in the first place.

I ordered an outfit from QVC in plenty of time for xmas, because i had not ordered from the range before - i was not sure of sizing in the range [hence order in plenty of time so could still change over if size wrong] well parcel did not turn up- usual carp fill out claims form post off - in the meantime running out of time for function outfit, rang cs to be fair they rushed me out another outfit in time - you guessed it [didnt fit 2 big] all the hassel 2 return now plus loose out on original pp, hope whoever nicked the first one GETS THERES with nobs on!:17:

ive never had anything go missing or not arrive from qvc theyve been very late but always turn up eventully, but i can see ow things go missing or are nicked, the other day i had a parcel come and needed a signaature but the postman said hed lost his signe foe sheet could he signe for me later when he gats back!i said yeah cos our postys ok or he apeard to be but temp staff just imagen what they get up to!

Have had nothing going missing via RM from QVC or Internet shopping as far as I can remember only the last L'Occitane TSV which was supposed to be delivered by Parcelnet. Since then I can never trust that lot to deliver anything so I try to use RM instead.

OP I truly hope that yours does turn up in the end.

Apologies in advance, but as a former postie (sorter) for almost 30 years, this thread has annoyed me. For a start, a lot of people do not seal cards or letters, so I'd make sure the sender did stick the envelope down in the first place. This goes back to the days (long gone) when an unsealed envelope was cheaper to post. Regarding theft in a sorting office (and I worked in one most of my time in the job) the sorters are under very close observation when doing their job, overhead cameras being capable of zooming into a stamp. I know things go missing, I've suffered it too, but to say Posties' wives must get some terrific presents is untrue - and a slur on the majority of staff who are honest. Bearing in mind the amount posted every day, the amount of theft is no bigger than in any other place of work. And when a postman/woman is caught, then they will be prosecuted. Rant over folks !

It's like any job I guess, good people and not so good people.

As a customer, though, it's annoying when things go missing as there's a lot of hassle involved in chasing things up. I have had several things go missing of late, after a long time with no problems. It's fine that we get refunded or items replaced (not just talking QVC here too) but how long before people start to assume we are being dishonest and saying things haven't arrived when in fact they have?

Apologies in advance, but as a former postie (sorter) for almost 30 years, this thread has annoyed me. For a start, a lot of people do not seal cards or letters, so I'd make sure the sender did stick the envelope down in the first place. This goes back to the days (long gone) when an unsealed envelope was cheaper to post. Regarding theft in a sorting office (and I worked in one most of my time in the job) the sorters are under very close observation when doing their job, overhead cameras being capable of zooming into a stamp. I know things go missing, I've suffered it too, but to say Posties' wives must get some terrific presents is untrue - and a slur on the majority of staff who are honest. Bearing in mind the amount posted every day, the amount of theft is no bigger than in any other place of work. And when a postman/woman is caught, then they will be prosecuted. Rant over folks !

Sorry if ive offended anyone, that was not my intention.

Ive had quite a few parcels from QVC go missing over the years and it gets a bit frustrating. Were do all the missing parcels go??

I also dont understand how parcels sent from QVC take so long to arrive, if i return anything to them it only takes a couple of days and a fraction of the cost

I cant quite believe this -

Just opened a parcel that i ordered, it was a make-up brush set and the jiffy bag is empty! Apart from a TV Guide its empty!

How can they send an empty jiffy bag and no-one thinks its a big too thin and light for a set of brushes?!

Im worried if i call QVC they will think i took it?

I've only had a necklace not arrive in the past but never something arrive but empty :33:

I am also waiting for an item from QVC which was shipped on the 5th December, apparantely coming via Parcelnet, my last item that I had via Parcelnet took 3 weeks to arrive.

I also contacted another company today about an item I had ordered from Christmas but hasnt turned up yet, they emailed me back giving me the Track and Trace number and it says my local post office tried to deliver it last friday afternoon and left a card, well for one I was in Friday afternoon and two they did NOT leave a card so I will have to go to the sorting office tomorrow to see if it is there, my son is also waiting for a delivery from amazon which hasnt turned up so I am thinking it either came last friday at the same time and they didnt leave a card or that it is at the sorting office because they have a habit of not trying to deliver any items if I have a parcel waiting to be collected.

You could try your local sorting office to see if they have anything there for you but maybe didnt leave a card.

No offence taken Toadette, sadly things do go astray in Royal Mail. I've had it happen to me. But what annoys me is when they put a card through your door saying you weren't in, when you were. And that does happen too regularly for my liking. I might have worked for them, I am also likely to be their biggest critic too :31:

Have just been to the PO to collect my parcel that they tried to deliver last Friday but didnt leave a card and guess what there was 5 parcels to collect, they obviously hadnt tried to deliver any of the rest of them because they expected me to come in for the one that I had to sign for.

It just really makes me mad that they couldnt be bothered to attempt to deliver any of the other parcels and by the way they were not all for me, there was one for my son and one for my OH (from QVC with the code on the outside so I know its something I will be getting for Christmas) so they should have got separate cards so they could go along and pick up their own parcels.

Sorry rant over but I felt I couldnt complain too much at the sorting office or else they might not deliver any of my parcels, although I did say to him twice I hadnt got a card

Glad you got your parcels Bluebell.

Still no sign of mine, im now waiting on 3 (2 from QVC), 1 of them is from ebay and thought that would have been here by now, think i might pop into my local sorting office in morning and check if there's anything lying there for me.

Latest posts

Back