Another Item to be returned.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RedorDead

Registered Shopper
I havent had the 50% returns letter yet but I can't wait to get one. I buy so much stuff from QVC and return so much too. The latest was a bag I had on waitlist for over a month. £140.00 B. Mac bag that I fell in love with on the TV. It finally arrived a couple of days ago and gues what? It has been used, so clearly I was on a waitlist to see who was returning it first. Not only did it not have any protective cover, it also has bits of tissue inside. I called QVC and got the usual, "we're terribly sorry". So i've decided not to get anything that isnt immediately available. If its on waitlist I think its usually someone's cast offs!

To top it all, I liked the bag and there are no more in stock but I'm not paying all that money for something that's been used. I can go to the Charity shops for that and pay a fiver!!!

That's disgusting RedorDead! :eek:
As far as I know, as long as they put it right, there's not much else to be done, however.........
I believe Tradiong Standards for example do log all complaints/reports about a particular company & if enough people complain over time, may actually eventually be spurred into investigating said complaints, particularly if many of them relate to the same sort of complaint?

I had ordered a Tignanello bag, one in black and one in cognac (couldn't make up my mind on colour). Anyway the black arrrived with its stuffing, wrapped in tissue paper and with the purse. The cognac came minus the stuffing and minus the purse. There were some extras in the form of crumbs. :mad:

It wasn't on waitlist but had been a TSV some months previously.

Why don't QVC put returns into a clearance section and knock a few pounds off and sell them as seconds?

Why don't QVC put returns into a clearance section and knock a few pounds off and sell them as seconds?

I (stupidly?) presumed that all returns went direct to their outlet stores?
I know all companies can make mistakes but it has to be said QVC seem to make more than most, particularly when it comes to sending out used items as 'new' to somebody else?

that's disgusting, go to Trading Standards, I did not know they did this. It's taking the p***, and taking their customers for granted.

That is really disgusting

Surely there must be a way of QVC tracking who returns these obviously used items and barring/warning them that their account is being monitored....

I had to go to the P.O to pick up a LG blush that was not delivered. Anyway, when I opened it, there was a big nail mark in it, and the lid was covered in powder, and I have never received an LG item that has not been absolutely immaculate. I think it has been tried out and returned. Not sure what to do, as I like the colour, and need it for a wedding next weekend. I don't think a replacement will come that quickly. I am really annoyed. I, too, stupidly thought that returns went into their outlets.

Why don't you post your experience on the QVC Facebook page? They DO read that.

I am about to send a handbag back that has a faulty magnetic clasp. I think I am going to put a note in one of the pockets saying 'I have been used and returned as I am faulty!' Perhaps we should all start doingthat with returns! Soon see whether they are checking them or not!

this hasnt happened to me (that i'm aware of... shudder) but those of you with a juicy story should e-mail trading standards, BBC Watchdog and also write personally to the the MD of QVCUK whoever that might be.... because clearly CS are not going to play ball and admit this is going on.

There could be a sticky on the QVC page here giving the details of all of the organisations to notify along with their e-mail addresses so that every time this happens we all have the details handy.

This is a disgusting practice, not only morally (becuase they wont admit it) but also for hygiene reasons as well. they make a very big thing about being able to send stud earrings back because they get melted down straight away, that must now be under questions seeing as we KNOW they lie about sending out seconds. do you want to wear a pair of earrings that have been inside someone elses body?

If enough people push on this it would be possible to get it stopped OR to get them to admit that it can happen. it just needs a combined effort to get the momentum going.

I received a LG Angel Glow body powder on Friday and I couldn't work out if someone has previously had it because the jiffy bag had been slit, then sellotaped back up. But all the factory seals are intact on the box, and on the compact itself. Perhaps they were doing something in the warehouse but it seems a bit odd.

Does anyone want to own up to buying an Angel Glow, having a look at the box and then sending it back because it's not what you thought......????

I received a Ronni Nicole dress that I suspect was a return. Either that or Ronni Nicole sends out clothes smelling of fag smoke and dogs.

As far as things like handbags go, I personally wouldn't mind receiving one that had been returned, as long as it hadn't been used & abused for 30 days. I mean, if you return a bag to M&S for example, they are only going to put it back on the shelf to resell, aren't they? I just wish they would give returns a once over to check for dirty tissues, stains, faults and teabags before sending them out again.
Of course, I wouldn't want to receive clothing that had been worn, or make up that had been tried, but again that's down to checking things before sending out.

When I return items to shops such as M&S they have the labels still on so they clearly haven't been worn. some QVC stuff does not have a label on so it could have been used?

I am returning some make up that I seem to be allergic to- I have clearly used it cos the stuff goes everywhere (BE) I feel guilty returning it but they say you can.It is obvious it has been tried but if it was less so would they re-sell it? YUCK:eek:

I actually think they should review their returns policy- only give refund if in new and unused condition.

Latest posts

Back