Annoying phrases

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I could well be wrong, but I thought certain ingredients, no idea which though, had been banned through good old EU regulation. That is why some perfumes were discontinued or are not as powerful or differ slightly from how they were decades ago. It may not just be a question of price, although price will always be a factor of course.

PS I don't know what ad is showing above this post on everyone else's computers, but I assure I am not Tina, a Chinese woman seeking dating and friendship via chineselady.com.

Last edited:
I could well be wrong, but I thought certain ingredients, no idea which though, had been banned through good old EU regulation. That is why some perfumes were discontinued or are not as powerful or differ slightly from how they were decades ago. It may not just be a question of price, although price will always be a factor of course.

PS I don't know what ad is showing above this post on everyone else's computers, but I assure I am not Tina, a Chinese woman seeking dating and friendship via chineselady.com.

You are clearly a sassy lady who is up for fun and frolics, even with a Chinese tinge. I, according to my advert, am an old person of heart attack age, as I am being invited to buy statins, presumably via my doctor, who seems to have failed to mention it to me.

I have jumped back into the thread (and I was rather hurt when someone thought my tanorexia complaint was groundless... it's a stupid word and a deadly disorder killing young women, and if AY thinks it is humorous I think she has very little judgement, OK?)......... I wondered why none of you had considered that we are often invited to buy something at such and such a 'price point'.

One of the things I have to own up to with regard to the Presenters is that they do have to keep spouting about so many different and similar items on air during a one hour show, so credit where it's due, I don't think I could do it without getting totally bored, but as i've alluded to previously, maybe they can because the incentives to do so are good - who knows.

On the synthetics in fragrance these days, most of what you found on google will be right enough, most perfume houses will be using synthetics, there are still some, however, who do not and I think Chanel and Guerlain are two of them, because Chanel goes off, whereas if it had synthetics It would not. I've used Guerlain for years, indeed, i'm a collector of Guerlain, but not only as I also use Dior just to name two.

I recognise those phrases;
Charlie Brook
Alison Keenan
Chloe Everton (Julian ballantine used to use the word 'indeed' willy nilly)

My personal fave is Jill Franks 'just a quick short break'

The good old days came flooding back; I could hear Jules ending his sentence with "indeed."

Well it might...unless the diamond expert does not spot the CZ stamped on the setting....next to QVC stamped right next to it!

Perfume shows always bug me. There's Tova's very misleading reference to "Absolute Jasmine" at 35 trillion dollars an ounce....as if she expects people to think they have put Jasmine Absolute in the fly spray that is Tova Signature. Even the very expensive fragrances on the market use synthetic ingredients these days. All the while tge model is drenching herself in the stuff for a whole hour. I would not want to stand next to her on the Tube on the way home.

And then Alexis tells us every chance she gets that Cherry Blossom EDT is the smell every man loves to smell on a woman. Really? Then surely all the hundreds of perfume manufacturers out there are just wasting their time making anything else!!

Any diamond expert worth his salt would be able to differentiate between paste and genuine stones. If not, he shouldn't be doing the job.

I wondered why none of you had considered that we are often invited to buy something at such and such a 'price point'.

EEEEEEEK!!!!!!
Fingernails on blackboard time! I've whinged about this before, but not in this thread. What's wrong with saying "price"? Does "price point" sound as if it might be round about whatever they're charging and might even be a teensy bit less? Come on, qvc. Get real. A price is a price is a price. If you insist, though, why not fling "p&p-point" into the mix?

Hope you have the time to read the thousands of posts!

Anyone heard of Julian lately? And what about Debbie G since she left that other Channel she was on for a very short time?

There's another one I've just started noticing. I used to find Dale one of the easier presenters to watch but the last few days I've become acutely aware of how many times he says 'as you can see there as well'.

AY - "literally" - she says it so many times and usually incorrectly, which makes it even more annoying...
JF - "There's nothing worse than..." she is wrong, there are worse things than smudging your nails or your realising your bag doesn't have a mobile phone pocket!
Think AY has read this, she just said in the l'occitane show 'apparently I say literally a lot, about 40 times in one hour'

As soon as diamonique is mentioned in our house we immediately start singing the song Dominique substituting the word diamonique. (This was a song from the 60's by a singing nun if anyone remembers)

And as soon as Gatineau is mentioned we shout in a very very bad French accent Madam Gatineau, madam Gatineau.

Needless to say we don't get out much!

Oh that made me laugh. On a similar note, every time that my husband sees Glenn Campbell he shouts 'Give us a song Glenn'. I would like to point out that my husband doesn't actually watch QVC but he does moan about me watching it.

Latest posts

Back