Anne Dawson.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I cannot abide watching this woman but, as mum was watching the Q, have had to listen to her droning on in the background. Earlier today she said "I'd tell you why I'm like this, but it would be worrying." She has been mixing her words up, bouncing her head from side to side and, talking extremely loudly. She appears more effusive than usual, and everything she does seems way over the top. I don't know how to describe her, but she is saying/doing things which seem really out of character for her. She gives the impression that she has really OD'd on the antibiotics. Is it just me?

In the show with Simon Brown, she was telling us that she had ordered the copper, and it was limited stock. Well, in spite of it being her choice, it sold out!:mysmilie_17:

Still got her on and, genuinely, I am started to be a bit worried for her. She is coming across. a la mode of someone who has too much to drink at an office meeting, and behaves like someone who is their polar opposite.

I quite like her. Haven't seen her on often and can't say I take too much notice of what she is saying but never feel I want to turn her over like I do with many of the others. In fact most of the others on occasion are unbearable.

She's far too shouty for me and I wish she'd tone it down, not to mention styling her hair differently. I think they must all be on a helluva lot of pressure to achieve targets (isn't everybody these days?) and it affects different people in different ways.

I quite like her. Haven't seen her on often and can't say I take too much notice of what she is saying but never feel I want to turn her over like I do with many of the others. In fact most of the others on occasion are unbearable.

I hate to say this DD but I honestly think you may be the one and only forum member who not only can tolerate her but actually likes her. I think you deserve a brownie point for services over and beyond the call of duty!

The guy seems quite flummoxed, can hardly get a word in. Two years on, and she has just got worse. But the seed had been planted back then.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlHt0K1hZY4

For some reason, the link isn't working. Just type "Anne Dawson qvc" in the YT search.

Last edited:
When Ann first appeared on QVC I did not take to her at all, now years later, she is by far one of my favourites, so unlike the Divas also on the payroll. Indeed, you could count those I dislike on one hand and they are all women.

In her own right Ann is a very intelligent woman, a refreshing change.

Yes Anne does seem hyper and shouty ..
Could be a time of life ....my hormones are making me strange atm .....:thinking:
Not being rude but people who shout are sometimes losing hearing ....not saying either applies to anne btw

I turned on to watch 3 different shows today and AD was in full throttle mode,I didn't bother watching in the finish.
Lynn

I hate to say this DD but I honestly think you may be the one and only forum member who not only can tolerate her but actually likes her. I think you deserve a brownie point for services over and beyond the call of duty!

I really haven't seen her in action very much so bow to you regulars judgement however, I wonder if the fact she is Scottish and of a certain age has anything to do with it. She reminds me of my inlaws who are Scots and a bit gruff which I found a bit intimidating to start with but soon learned that it is a Scotch trait and they are real sweeties really.

It could be that your ear is more attuned to the accent than others. We tend to associate Scottish accents with soft Edinburgh accent whereas AD would be more Gorbles.:giggle::giggle:

It could be that your ear is more attuned to the accent than others. We tend to associate Scottish accents with soft Edinburgh accent whereas AD would be more Gorbles.:giggle::giggle:

AD sounds nothing like a Gorbals accent!!!! She does have a Glasgow accent but there are a lot of different Glasgow accents, lots of different tones!!!

The only reason I mentioned the gorbals accent is that I had always been told that is was, shall we say, a bit rough, but I stand corrected, sorry!

I caught some of the Kitchen hour earlier and AD was presenting , Tbh she doesnt bother me at all , she cant help her voice and i would much prefer her to Debbie Flint or Craig.

I really like Anne Dawson, I enjoy her presentations and I think she seems a very nice lady. She has replied to me a couple of times on twitter and is always really friendly. I would much rather watch Anne than Jill Franks when she comes on I can't get the channel turned over quick enough!! :mysmilie_48:

Her accent has never bothered me, but the rambling stories of her home in Italy and other personal stories.

I have told this story before but on a jewellery sale show she spend the whole time talking about barbies, her holiday home etc. If you were really lucky she even mentioned the product she was suppose to be selling. I was actually so p*ssed off I even emailed QVC and complained. After that I tended to ignore if she was presenting.

I just wish she'd turn the volume button down a few notches. Why does she need to SHOUT all the time? Does she shout at all her colleagues, too?

Having said that, for me anyone is preferable to Debbie Flint.

Latest posts

Back