Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemma1

Registered Shopper
Just watching her on the Smashbox hour. Sorry Anne, but your hair style and colour does nothing for you!

I think the blonde hair is a couple of shades too light for her ruddy complection, and straightening it is making it look thin and flat.

Jude xx

Poor Anne never gets it quite right does she. I agree the colour is way too light for her, and that lank straightened to within an inch of its life look has always looked terrible. She needs warming up with some toffees and coppers. Of course hair is just one of the things I'm fabulous at giving advice on, despite not having much to speak of myself. I was ticked off the other week for suggesting another presenter should ditch the ginger and go up several shades to blonde. The next time I saw her shed done exactly that so she clearly agreed with me :0)

Her hair is too long and too blond. It does nothing for her whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

On a positive note, she's still keeping off the weight she lost and all credit to her for that. Do you remember when Kathy Tayler announced she was on a QVC get fit programme but then we never heard mention of it again?

Jude xx

I thought she looked great when her hair was shorter and had darker shades through it. The all over blond washes her out completely

Yes if she had more warmth in her hair it would work wonders for her.

Remember Alison Young also used to do the paler than pale blond hair, then went a shade deeper and looked so much better. Now if we could get her Gok ed clothes wise, new woman.

does she straighten it? i thought it was thin, lank and straight naturally. i only remember it being like that - in various legths and colours - from the day she appeared.

I'm not trying to be bitchy here, but I think the look really suits her, face on, but as soon as she turns to the side she looks quite haggard and jowly. The glasses look great too!

When I flicked over today and only had a side view of her I thought it was Alison Young. However as the camera pulled back her outfit was too coordinated to be AY, if it was her there would've been shoes or tights or boots that just didn't match!

When my sister and I started work and had money to spend on teenage stuff (1970's), one of the first things Mum told us was to stick close to our natural hair colour because that's what best matches our skin tone. eye colour etc. We are both now in our 50's and colour our hair but essentially the same colour, just enhanced to cover grey, add gloss or a subtle highlght etc. Nowadays Mum (88) tells us not to keep it dark as we get older, but to soften it as our skin tone fades.

When my sister and I started work and had money to spend on teenage stuff (1970's), one of the first things Mum told us was to stick close to our natural hair colour because that's what best matches our skin tone. eye colour etc. We are both now in our 50's and colour our hair but essentially the same colour, just enhanced to cover grey, add gloss or a subtle highlght etc. Nowadays Mum (88) tells us not to keep it dark as we get older, but to soften it as our skin tone fades.

Your mum sounds like a lady who knows her stuff, I totally concur.

I did some modelling when I was younger, hair modelling for shows etc . I was asked to do it for a couple of years due to my having very very corkscrew naturally curly hair that bearing in mind it was from 1987 to about 1989 the hairdresser had lots of fun with, I had just about every colour going so by the time I was in my late teens I'd got all that out of my system and realised that my own chestnut coloured hair suits me best.

Sadly my beautiful curly hair is no longer so, its a sort of slighly curly wavy thin mess these days but hey ho.

I agree with all your mum said! Being very dark I started going grey early and I used to use an ash brown semi-permanent colour. Once, my hairdresser put me a different brown on, which looked red in any kind of light, my God I looked dreadful! Once I finished work I soon stopped bothering with the colour and let my hair have it's own way...your skin tone does change as you age and I find my silvertop look suits me just fine. I wish that Julia wouldn't have that red brown colour because imo it doesn't suit her at all, she'd be better off with an ash brown I think. I've not seen Anne D lately so can't comment on her hair.

I've thought for ages she's been doing herself no favours with the length and and colour of her hair-it needs cutting and darkening!

I think her features would be softened if she had some movement in her hair which, because it is so pale it makes her skin look very pink. Pale pink and pale yellow are not, IMO, happy companions. However, and this is only a thought, could it be that all the female presenters see themselves as actors playing a part? If so, we see them "in costume" which could be entirely different from how they appear "off stage."

Latest posts

Back