Anna Cookson, think before engaging gob

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the context of talking about bed linen? I don't think so.

She used the wrong word and probably did a little cringe inside when she realised it. It's not a crime obviously, but I think Anna forgets who her audience is. Lets face it, mrs velour tracksuit with spag bol stain on crotch sat on the sofa eating crisps isn't going to know what anathema means anyway, so why bother using it?

Have you been looking through my windows?

anna is a sweeatheart but you all made me laugh all the same. on the subject of thread counts i bought 180 thread count bedding for my daughter it was better quality than the nn high thread count stuff. percale as its called is hard wearing,gets softer with each wash and does not crinkle like nn. i suspect i have an aversion to sales talk and misinformation

Maybe she meant the price is abhorrant or hated by many.

Hey, whilst I am sat on the sofa eating crisps, in my jim jams at 3 pm I think it does me good to get a bit of an education. All part of the service. You don't get that watching Jeremy Kyle.

Sorry, I disagree. Would you really have an aversion , abhorrence hatred etc to a thread count ? I don't have an opinion one way or the other on Anna and can't presume to know what she did mean to say but anathema sounds most unlikely.

What I meant was that, for some people, having to consider the thread count of the bedding they are looking at, is a 'bugbear' when all they want to do is buy some new linen. I suppose it makes the process of purchasing bedlinen more of an operation than a straightforward exercise. Personally, when buying bedlinen, I always go for high thread count so, to me, it is necessary information. to others, it matters not, one way or another so, to that end, thread count is a 'dirty word' (or two!)

Schlap her! SCHLAP HER! Schlap her in the face with a wet cod! She's as useful as an American spellchecker! Can't warm to her! Wish she would get locked in her wardrobe with her teal tops and never come out!

Latest posts

Back