Ann Dawson a lot of old donkey

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
She's on the Nina Leonrd 1pm snooze fest chatting a load of old clap trap about he hideous clothes inc a colour of beige / brown called "donkey". She's wittering on about her ancient old school teachers who'd wear polyester kaftans like the one for sale. God land I don't know what is more disturbing; the awful clothes or MsDawson herself

As soon as I see Dawbags, I switch off. Can't stand the woman, or her voice, and yes, she does spout a load of rubbish. This is something of a wide ball here, but do you think (surely not) that the presenters regard the average shopper/watcher of shopping tv channels, as being of basic/below average intelligence? So much so, that they can make unsubstantiated claims, and the viewers are so gullible, they will believe them?
As I said, they wouldn't do that!

Hardly a flattering or aspirational description, is it? A "donkey brown" garment that's inspired by Ann Dawson's school teacher's nylon kaftan dating to c. 1938. Hmm, it conjures up the image of a battleaxe called Barbara who reads the Daily Mail and eats tuna fish mornay! I think the word donkey doesn't evoke particularly positive images. I don't know why. If someone described a garment as "camel" I'd be fine with it, but "donkey" - no. In fact, Ann Dawson sounds like a braying donkey that has some bagpipes lodged in its posterior!

To be fair to Ms D (and I'm certainly no fan), "donkey brown" describes a dullish medium brown and she didn't invent the phrase, she just used it. Google "donkey brown colour" and 14,000 sites pop up. Having said that, I don't like donkey brown and I don't think it's the most flattering colour, but to each his own.

Where I grew up many men wore " donkey jackets " to work but they were black not brown so how they got their name I`m not sure. They had large patches of different coloured material on the shoulders and were favoured by binmen, manual workers and suchlike.

I don't understand why AD is still working at the Q when people like Julian and Debbie Greenwood who I mostly enjoyed are gone. I turn off now when I see Anne. Does she still witter on about her precious niece?

Don't know how 'donkey jackets' got their name, but since they were worn in the main by manual workers perhaps it was something to do with 'donkey work' just a thought.......

Hardly a flattering or aspirational description, is it? A "donkey brown" garment that's inspired by Ann Dawson's school teacher's nylon kaftan dating to c. 1938. Hmm, it conjures up the image of a battleaxe called Barbara who reads the Daily Mail and eats tuna fish mornay! I think the word donkey doesn't evoke particularly positive images. I don't know why. If someone described a garment as "camel" I'd be fine with it, but "donkey" - no. In fact, Ann Dawson sounds like a braying donkey that has some bagpipes lodged in its posterior!

:mysmilie_15: Julius, a tad harsh for the lovely Anne. She's from Glasgow, it can be an abrasive accent. I like her but i do agree I have to lower the sound. As for donkey, they used to have the weirdest colour descriptions but that's probably the worst.

cc

Latest posts

Back