And would you also like......?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I may sound really dim but if you use Qcut can you specify a different address to your home address (home address being main address on QVC delivery set up.) Sometimes I prefer larger items to be delivered to work which is my alternate address. I normally only speak to an operator so I can specify which address I want stuff sent to. Also I know that at m&s they have a certain script which they have to go through at the till point so why should I expect QVC to be any different really!!

You can choose an alternative address online when ordering on the web but I don't recall an option via Qcut.

The last time I tried to use Q cut when the website was down it asked me if I wanted to order XYZ too. Very annoying. Do yoy remember when the old website kept having OTO's popping up at you? That really got on my nerves. It's like those people who leap out at you in the street asking if you want "free" broadband and are really hard-sell. Or WHSmiths asking if you want chocolate when you get to the till.

The best one for me was WHSmiths, asking if I would like some of the promotional chocolate when they had just scanned a calorie counting book....looking at the assistant, then down at the book, I replied "Er, no thank you" :Smile:

I too have had the "& would you like...." on QCut!

I may sound really dim but if you use Qcut can you specify a different address to your home address (home address being main address on QVC delivery set up.) Sometimes I prefer larger items to be delivered to work which is my alternate address. I normally only speak to an operator so I can specify which address I want stuff sent to. Also I know that at m&s they have a certain script which they have to go through at the till point so why should I expect QVC to be any different really!!

You can specify which address you want via the website too. I've used a couple of different addresses, like when I've been away in Yorkshire, and now it always asks me which address I want to use.

I feel sorry for the sales assistants in store...they are put under pressure to sell these accounts and they normally have a tally going for both the individual and the store.whilst I dont feel sorry enough to open one,I do try and decline as politely as I can.I rarely go into shops now anyway so tend to get bombarded anymore.

As for QVC I never phone in,I only ever use Q-cut or the web.Q-cut do it as well but then so is every other online retailer.like its been said catalogues have done it for years.

This seems the norm in many shops these days. I was in a pound shop and the girls at the till were asking if people wanted to buy packets of halloween sweets. Wherever you look these days its all push push push. I called into my local Clarks shop and had barely set foot in the door when a sales assistant was telling me if I bought 2 pairs of anything there`d be a discount. I went to collect a jumper from another store, tried it on and was told if you buy 2 you get them cheaper and also the same in Dorothy Perkins when I was browsing their jeans. They lie in wait !

bombardment is everywhere on any website you are bombarded just surfing..times are hard in the reatail world and advertising is king

I remember when I was a child I had authorisation on my mother's Grattan catalogue account. When I telephoned in they would always say "and your next item..." "and your next item" in a very robotic manner. When I was 12 I spoke to a woman called Pauline and said "Did I say there was a next item?" "Why are you assuming that there will be a next item?" She didn't know what to say!"

Glad someone else mentioned this. Last winter, every time I rang and asked for something I was asked if I wanted to also get "wintertrax" even though I had already bought 2 packs of them recently at the time. And the other day I was asked if I wanted christmas wrapping. That's why I usually prefer q cut, so I can avoid that. The worst thing though is, how some of the presenters go on air and say " if you call our award winning call centre, nobody will force you to buy anything else"
That is a lie right there.

Actually now I come to think of it, it did also happen on q cut once, where I was asked if I wanted some other product. No escaping it after all.

Latest posts

Back