An obsolete TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To be fair that's there job, they are hardly going to say don't buy this and this as it has x y and z missing

To be fair that's there job, they are hardly going to say don't buy this and this as it has x y and z missing

They're not going to try and put people off buying, of course they're not, but you often hear them say, especially if they're selling something from the bottom of the range...you're not going to find x, y or z on this BUT......yada yada yada. With this what they'd call a "high end" product imo should be all singing and all dancing, but I feel it wouldn't have harmed to mention the lack of DAB technology even if they were just to try and convince us that the FM platform is safe, and that the sound is pretty amazing.

i dont like the fact that they dont tell you that there are no buttons on the machine and it only works with a tiny remote that if you lose it it cost £20

like what paul? just curious because i thought bose was supposed to be the bees knees.

Pretty much what Stratobuddy mentioned. BOSE is sold on its name and questionable marketing.

My dad bought their QuietComfort 3 headphones a few years ago and they broke just outside their warranty period - the build quality on them was OK but nothing special. At £300 they seem a lot of money for what they are. Yet some Sennheisers I've had for 8 years at less than half the cost of that are still going strong and sound better to me.

Lots of other manufacturers out there to look at. head-fi.org is a good destination for audio advice, google is your friend :clapping:

I think BOSE are trading on their reputation of moons ago. I can remember hearing and seeing my first set of BOSE speakers around 30 or more years ago. They were tiny by comparison to the normal speakers you needed to get for an excellent quality output. They did have imnpressive sound and I remember being pretty astonished at the price the person had paid for them - but I appreciated they were (then) far more advanced than other things I'd seen in the hifi shops of the time.

Things have moved on though...but BOSE prices haven't kept up with the times/competition.

They COULD have said - - - - -

It DOESN'T come with a DAB module so you CAN'T enjoy a wide range of digital radio stations.

You WON'T be able to listen to a variety of digital-only radio channels, with crystal-clear audio thanks to the DAB radio module.

The above is from QVC's sales spiel from the one they sell WITH DAB, subtly altered for this one!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back