An attractive kipling bag!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I know Kipling bags aren't really famous for their aesthetic beauty but I sold a couple of bags I wasn't using and treated myself to the Marie Francoise bag when it was on EP. I love it! It's gorgeous. First of all the bag is bigger in the flesh than you think it will be from the pics and on air demo. There is a really spacious zipped compartment on the outside but that's it for outside compartments. Loads of pockets on the inside though including one for a brolly. All very neat and useful.

I went for the only one still in stock-the dune beige. It is lovely. A lovely Taupe bag with a milk-chocolate contrast detail beneath the decorative zips on the sides (which I leave open as it looks more stylish this way). This bag is not your run-of-the-mill kipling bag. Really stylish and different. I have used it every day since I bought it and can see myself continuing to use it.

Anyone else reccommend a kipling that stands out as more attractive (as opposed to simply utilitarian)??

I got this at the beginning of the year and it's lovely; the photos on Amazon don't do it justice as it looks over-stuffed. It's roomy but not bulky unless you stuff it like it has been in these photos. The rose gold colour isn't too bling and seems to go with all sorts of clothes' styles and colours. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EQ1V0RG/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I haven't seen a printed pattern I like for years, I should dig out my old Kipling and give them an outing!

Akimbo I've also got a bag in that rose gold (copper dust) colour, it's beautiful isn't it? Matches anything, my friends all coo over it when I take it out :)

I've got an Ella June in black glazed fabric, it's a fairly plain bag which I think is attractive, and has a small zipped pocket just above the central zip that will hold your phone or keys so you don't need to go into the main part of the bag. I think that what put me off some Kiplings is the pockets on the outside that look like a box stuck on.

For me the one thing which always stops a Kipling from being classed as a "smart" bag is the webbing straps (the same for any brand with this strap). I think this is partly why I don't like the price. For lightness and organisation they are hard to beat. Is it a bit like shoes, comfort and fab looking don't go hand and hand?

I have two Kiplings in the Copper Dust, the Auriane and the Delphin. I think the colour is great!

Tiddlywinks that is a pretty stunning bag I must admit (would still take the strap of though LOL)

I know what you mean about the webbing straps - I've got a strap from a JC/DC Kipling bag which I swap over - it's more like a seat belt texture and looks better close up.

That said, rush hour in Paddington station - I don't care what my bag is like as long as it keeps my hands free for the bunfight through the barriers and onto the train.

I love Kipling bags but agree that they look 'too casual' most of the time. I sold most of mine and upgraded to Lulu Guinness and Radley however, you just cannot beat their practicality and organisation along with the lightness of it and easy to care for. If they get dirty (the unprinted ones) you can usually just pop them in the washer and up they come, like new again. The 2 that I have kept of Kipling are a very small leather one which is gorgeous, (Charlize) it has a leather strap and a leather monkey - you can only fit in purse, mobile and few pieces of makeup but is ideal for when I want a small going out bag. The other one is a black coated (New Leah) cross body one which I use for when I am travelling by tube etc, it is sized as small but holds such a lot, inc brolly, tablet, iPod, headphones,purse and lots of other bits, this one has a shiny moveable monkey and looks quite trendy, but it does indeed have that usual kipling webbing style strap. I have not long bought a LG Annabelle which has the chain strap and can be used cross body or on the shoulder as I wanted a smarter cross body bag, however, the weight difference is immense - Kipling wins over for lightness and tons of pockets

Last edited:
I know what you mean about the webbing straps - I've got a strap from a JC/DC Kipling bag which I swap over - it's more like a seat belt texture and looks better close up.

That said, rush hour in Paddington station - I don't care what my bag is like as long as it keeps my hands free for the bunfight through the barriers and onto the train.

Yep, horses (bags) for courses. It's just when the presenters say that the most casual of a Kipling is suitable for a wedding outfit that I go noooooo.

I notice Amazon do the Bionica bag in leather, the dune black one is lovely but even though it`s over £200 it still has the canvas strap. Lets it down IMO.

I have some of the Helena Christensen bags which I think are the most attractive Kipling bags in my 'collection'.

I have a lovely leather kipling that I bought half price from the kipling website about 3 years ago. It's really beautiful quality leather, but obviously doesn't have the organisation of 'normal ' kipling. I don't know the name although I think 'vintage ' was part of the name, and it has a heavy bronze coloured metal gorilla head instead of a fluffy monkey.

I've got four very similar Kipling bags that I use day in, day out, but no way would I say they're smart enough for dinner out or for a wedding. Definitely not. If I could afford a nice LG bag, I'd probably get one or something similar for dressing up. But my Kipling bags are perfect for my lifestyle day wear because they organise my essential junk very nicely.

I've gone off Kipling and have purchased a couple of Tignanello bags instead. Love them

Latest posts

Back