Amazon TSV 02/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3 with Smart Plug Single Pack TSV 02/11/19 (Previous Big Deal Price £38.98 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519387

Amazon TSV 1.jpg

Amazon TSV 2.jpg

Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3 with Smart Plug
Item Number: 519387
QVC Price £60.00
Todays Special Value Price £28.48
P&P £3.95

This superb Amazon duo includes the Echo Dot, a voice-controlled, hands-free speaker that answers commands and questions, reports on sports and news, gives the latest traffic and weather info, and so much more, plus a Smart Plug which allows you to control home appliances remotely. Featuring virtual assistant Alexa, this amazing set gives you everything you need to start your smart home.
Connect with others - the Echo Dot does it all, and with its sleek, compact design it'll discreetly blend in with your home decor. Featuring a fabric design and improved speaker for richer and louder sound, use the Dot to turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors and more, with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more.

Create a Smart Home - Amazon Smart Plugs work with Alexa to add voice control to any electrical socket in your home. Connect yours to the Echo Dot, or even just the Alexa App on your phone to schedule and voice-control your lights, coffee machines or appliances to turn on and off automatically, so you can create your perfect morning routine. Easy to set up and use, simply plug in, open the Alexa app and start using your voice.

Just ask Alexa - a voice-controlled personal assistant, Alexa responds to your questions and commands when you say her name. Alexa can check your calendar, get news, weather, traffic or sports updates, and even create shopping lists, as well as order you a takeaway or an Uber, or you can ask her to look up a recipe and she will read it out for you to follow!

Set up with the app - the free Alexa app will allow you to easily set up and manage your Amazon Echo devices. Use the app to connect services you already use such as Amazon Music, Spotify and Google Calendar, then set up your smart home devices or see which books are available to listen to from your Audible library. The app is also great when you're out and about, allowing you to control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more back at home.

No more shouting up the stairs - grandpa in the attic? Dad in the study? Kids in the den? As long as there's an Echo Dot in the room, you can ask Alexa to 'Drop In' and send them a voice memo to let them know "It’s teatime", or even to "Turn the music down!". Drop In is an optional feature that allows you to instantly connect hands-free with the Echo devices in your home, and it can also double as an intercom or baby monitor.

Turn up the sounds - connect directly to speakers using a 3.5mm stereo cable, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and enjoy hands-free voice control for your music - just ask for your favourite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. Plus, with four far-field microphones, beam forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction, even while music is playing.

Multi-Room Music - want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with Multi-Room Music, you can tell Alexa to play across all your Echo devices. Just tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the living room, or play the same song downstairs - available for Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify and Tune In.

Alexa makes the call - when you’re busy making dinner or putting the little ones to bed, Alexa can make and answer a call, and even send or receive text messages! This handy feature works for anyone who has a supported Echo device or the Alexa App on their mobile phone. What's more, on-the-go calls are also a breeze; use the Alexa app on your mobile to make a quick call or send a message to your family’s Echo back at home.

The choice is yours - the Echo Dot comes in three stylish, neutral shades that will fit in with any home décor - Charcoal, Heather Grey or Sandstone.

Colour options:

Charcoal
Heather Grey
Sandstone

What's in the box?

1 x Amazon Echo Dot Gen 3
1 x Smart Plug

Geographical restrictions:
Certain features may not be available in all countries and regions, are subject to change or withdrawal at any time, and may require separate subscriptions or other fees. (Experience is optimized for mainland UK, the Channel Islands, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, Japan, India, Australia, New Zealand and the USA)

Please note - Amazon Smart Plug is optimised for simple setup and exclusive use with Alexa. Amazon Smart Plug does not support other voice assistants or smart hubs

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519387

Just discovered that yet again Q are selling this 3rd generation dot "cheap" because a new generation is on the way very soon.

This will have a display showing the time and/or temperature.

As always, it's what they DON'T tell you, very underhand.

Once the new one comes out, the price of the Q one will drop anyway, including from Amazon.

Just discovered that yet again Q are selling this 3rd generation dot "cheap" because a new generation is on the was very soon.

Once the new one comes out, the price of the Q one will drop anyway, including from Amazon.

I have given up trusting QVC many years ago

Just discovered that yet again Q are selling this 3rd generation dot "cheap" because a new generation is on the way very soon.

:mysmilie_506:

Shame there’s not only new a generation of dots coming out.
Could do with getting new versions of the folk who sell ‘um :mysmilie_17:

And yet again the inconsiderate buffoon refuses to change the wake word for Alexa. Meaning you either have to change channels. mute the TV, or mute your Echo.

I've seen him say that people should mute their Echo's when he does these shows. Yeah....when all it takes is him spending a couple of seconds in the app to change the wake word.

And I'm not sure why he needs so many Echos when he only seems to know a couple of things to ask it anyway "Alexa, what's the weather like" "Alexa play my QVC playlist" "Alexa play the Grand Tour" that's about it really. He does NOTHING to properly show what it is capable of.

To anyone that bought one, or already has one, you will appreciate this video at 10 min 40 seconds from the beginning.

I often end up shouting at mine very angrily. They are supposed to be helpful, not a generator of anger. "Stupid machine" (to paraphrase Dad's Army).

https://youtu.be/rZZ5x80h3B4

PS this video appears AFTER the end credits have finished for the main video, about a toy VW campervan that runs around a record to play it.

I think it is hilarious, because it is just like my own experience with Alexa.

Yes, this is not the latest dot - the latest one does indeed have an LED display in the side of the speaker (no doubt going for the bedside table market).

I love Amazon Prime but I wouldn’t entertain an Alexa product, I always have my phone near me if I need to find out the time anyway, for the time and anything else I just say “hey Siri” as for switching the tv and the lights off, that takes me or the husband seconds, so no Alexa Dot or Show required.

I don't have a smart phone so use mine a lot, but I often end up shouting angrily at them when they are being stupid.

Did you see that comedy puppet show at the end of the video I linked to? That is just like my Alexa.

It starts just after 10 minutes from the beginning.

Latest posts

Back