Alison Young's husband - heavily inked?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bless, we sound like a group of 15 year old girls ! So sad that we have nothing better to do on a Saturday night.

AY fascinates me, she seems such an oddball ! I really don't mind her, she makes me laugh which is always good.

Linda xx

Alison Y certainly looks more butch than her hubby with his perma tan and bleached hair.
A little "camp" methinks!

Alison Y certainly looks more butch than her hubby with his perma tan and bleached hair.
A little "camp" methinks!

and then some.....

AY famously isnt interested in reproducing. probably a good job - he doesnt look like he's got "it" in him.

Wasn't he married before? I have a thought I heard before somewhere she was his second wife.

Yes he was Donna I recall on ST when it came out that gobby was betrothed someone put a picture of him in action as it where on the footie pitch and he was wearing a wedding ring I remember because I was the one that pointed it out and someone googled him and he was married previously.

Judging by the look of him I'd bet it's a 'lavender wedding' :grin::wink::grin::wink:

Yes he was Donna I recall on ST when it came out that gobby was betrothed someone put a picture of him in action as it where on the footie pitch and he was wearing a wedding ring I remember because I was the one that pointed it out and someone googled him and he was married previously.

Judging by the look of him I'd bet it's a 'lavender wedding' :grin::wink::grin::wink:

that would make AY his "beard" :giggle:

AY is ONLY NEARLY 40 !!!!!!! Hells bells, the products cant be working, I would have laid money that she was mid 40's at least !

Time to change your hairstyle, glasses and dress sense then Ali old girl !

No she is about 45/46

Ha ha this thread really is like being back at school and speculating what the teachers spouses\partners are like, it has really made me giggle. We had a games teacher who truly did look like a female gorrila, she was terrifying and her husband was the most pallid, wimpy bloke. We all felt terribly sorry for him, we only had to put up with her during games (and that was hell on earth!), the poor guy had to live with her.

:clapping:Simon Rodger (born October 3, 1971 in Shoreham-by-Sea, England) is an English footballer most noted for his career with Crystal Palace.

Rodger was signed by Palace from Bognor Regis in 1990 for £1000. He would play for Palace for the next 12 years (having brief loan spells at Manchester City and Stoke City). He would become a much-appreciated player among Palace supporters for his loyalty to the club and commitment to the cause, particularly in the face of relegation struggles and the financial crisis engulfing Palace at the end of the 1990s. His left foot proved particularly useful in dead-ball situations.

In 2002, after a testimonial, Rodger was released by the club and after a short time with Woking, was signed by Brighton and Hove Albion, where he would reunite with former Palace manager Steve Coppell. He would finish his League career with the Seagulls.

He is currently married to a QVC beauty expert presenter - Alison Young. Simon is now a Licensed Private Hire Chauffeur who is registered with the CRB (a Government run agency that checks the trustworthiness of individuals who work with children or vulnerable adults).

Must be a really nice guy - from unreliable Wikipedia :smirk:

Simon Rodger
Age 31, defender

Then Rodger played for Crystal Palace from 1990 until last summer.

Now After several months out of work, he is now a First Division player again, but earning far less money at Brighton. His wife Alison is a television presenter on the QVC shopping channel.

I was in a state of shock after being released by Palace. Back in the spring [manager] Trevor Francis said that if the club went up to the Premiership he wouldn't need me, but if they stayed in the First Division, he'd want to keep me. But the week after the season ended he called me into his office and said, 'We won't be offering you a new contract.' He basically blamed it on Simon Jordan, the chairman. He said Jordan wanted to get rid of some players and that senior players like myself, David Hopkin and Dean Austin could go. I was in so much shock that I didn't say much. It didn't really sink in until I got home.

The close season was strange. I was lucky that I had a good family, and my wife Alison, around me, and they supported me. Alison was great. She kept me busy. In some ways it was a lovely summer: I got married and we had a great honeymoon on safari in South Africa and then in Mauritius, and I had my testimonial as well. That was strange. I went into the dressing room and Francis was there. He was being as nice as he could to me, but I just didn't want to know. I knew that something would turn up and it did. There was plenty of interest but no actual contracts on offer. Grimsby, Rotherham and Walsall wanted to take me on trial. I wasn't asking to be paid at all. I just wanted to get into the shop window. But I didn't go to any of the clubs that approached me because I wanted to stay down south. My wife's got a good job down here and she said there was no point in me talking to them, especially as she didn't want to move all the way up there either. It wasn't as if we were struggling moneywise.
Luckily I've done alright out of the game. The last 10 years have been a golden period, with most players earning good money. But I was never surprised to be earning what I was earning. If anything, I always thought I deserved to be earning more. I'm just grateful to be back in professional football with Brighton, doing something that I love. Other players out there haven't been so lucky. Look at Andy Linighan. He's played at Arsenal, he scored the winning goal in the 1993 Cup final, and now he's back being a plumber, the same job he did before he was a footballer.

Although I'm now earning less, I've still got the same car, a BMW 3 series. I still live in the same house, a farm in Surrey. But obviously I can't spend as much as before on things like clothes, which used to be a big weakness of mine when I was earning good money. Luckily I feel I've got everything I need anyway.

I think the financial situation in the game's going to get worse. I can't see wages going back to what they were before.The balance of power has definitely shifted back from the players to the clubs

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003/jan/12/football.newsstory1

If Simon and Alison are so wagtastically minted how come she dresses so badly? She looks a ****** fright most of the time. Last week she was wearing a hideously cheapo pastel pink ensemble. She did kindly tell us that the calamatous combo was 10 years old but she had made it 'on trend' with a bit of Lola Rose, Nails Inc and I should imagine 'a little Markon pump'.
In addition, she has the world's second shortest neck (first prize goes to Sienna Miller)so nothing sits right.

Latest posts

Back